Photo 1 of 18
<img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1504245172.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1597687255.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_341665611.jpg?width=80&height=80"/>
The Dufour 56 Center Cockpit has accommodations for six adults with three private sleeping cabins, two very comfortable double cabins aft along with two heads and a beautiful spacious owners stateroom forward. With a spacious salon and really great galley and a beatiful nav station and ships office, you can’t ask for more. This commodious layout makes her a sought after vessel for a family or cruisers who love to entertain. This is a modern vessel that is distinctly European in its design and ambiance. It is clean and light and bright and modern and yet the Mahogany paneling is nicely nautical. The Master cabin forward is pleasing with the spacious V-berth and access to the forward head. The aft cabins port and starboard are quite large due to the generous beam carried well aft. The three private cabins make this a very commodious vessel. The main salon is spacious and comfortable with good ventilation from the opening deck hatches and opening ports with screens. The main salon dining arrangement can please a party, if the chef can handle it. The u-shaped dinette to starboard has a large table which has been adapted with drop down leaves to make the space more open. Still you can seat eight if you want to. The galley is actually a kitchen arranged on the port side adjacent the dining area. It is a real French galley, so it is not that difficult to please the crew. The boat is elegant and sophisticated European with very comfortable accommodations for six, gorgeous entertaining cockpit, swim platform, cockpit shower and if you have a vision that includes friends, you will not disappoint yourself or your friends.
This vessel offers a beautiful walkthrough ships galley laid out on the port side with awesome counter space and all amenities.
- Refrigeration – three refrigerators
- Gimbaled propane three-burner stove and oven
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Mixing faucet with hot and cold pressure water
- Manual foot pump for fresh water
- Manual sea water foot pump
- Filtered water system for drinking
- Good cutlery drawer
- Trash bin
- Corian Counters
Plumbing & Propane
- Water maker
- 140 gallons in aluminum tank under starboard aft berth (200 liters)
- Additional 140 gallon in two plastic water tanks under forward berth.
- All tanks have inspection ports
- Deck fills for three water tanks
- Tank gauge
- Three heads, aft head with separate stall shower
- Marine toilets
- Holding tanks for each toilet 14 gallons each – stainless steel
- Deck pump out inshore
- Gravity discharge offshore
- The aft head separate shower stall doubles as a great wet locker
- Transom shower
- All three heads have vanity and sinks
- Don’t forget the washing machine!
- Port stern locker is proper and vented
- Two 10lbs tanks with solenoid and pressure gauge
Navigation & Communication
The owner reports a favorite thing is nestling into the helm seat with great visibility and the very responsive rack and pinion steering system and the rock solid autopilot steering. Sounds good to me!
- Large forward facing sit down nav station with chart table
- Furuno radar mast mounted
- Chart plotter at the helm
- VHF Radio with AIS and Command Mic at the helm
- Sailling instruments Wind Speed and Depth
- Autopilot with linear drive below decks with a spare ram
All the systems on the boat have been well maintained and upgraded for a cruising six months each year.
- Volvo 100 hp diesel with Saildrive (new 1999)
- Cruises 7 kts at 2500 rpms
- Straight shaft with strut with Autostream folding prop which greatly improves maneuverability and backing as well as boat speed under sail and power
- 140 gallons (200 liters) of diesel fuel under quarter berth on port with tank gauge (not too reliable), and fuel tank clean out, inspection port
- There is a mirror image tank on the starboard side that is used for water, but it could easily be converted to diesel for double the range
- Consumption is 4 liters per hour at 2500 rpms (about 1 gallon per hour)
- King Cobra rack and pinion steering system
- Engine room blower
- Electric fuel pump
- Racor primary fuel filter
- Westerbeke generator new in 2014
- Bow Thruster
- Air conditioning systems
- Water maker
- Washing machine
The main engine charges with a large alternator with additional charging via Solar which is especially nice for leaving the boat stored on the hard. For shore power charging there is a European 240volt shore power connection. It is quite easy to add a step down convertor for US 110 shore power connection.
- 12 V electrical system
- Ample battery storage
- Battery monitoring system
- DC Breaker Panel
- Deck level nav lights
- Mast wiring junction box
- Mast head Tricolor
- Steaming light
- Stern light
- Anchor light
- Cabin lights
- 12v refrigeration Isotherm
- Two electric bilge pumps
- Swim platform transom shower
- Shower sump pump
- Anchor wash down pump
- 100 watt solar panel mounted on the stern rail
Shore Power Electrical System:
- 240 volt shore power charging system
The standing rigging was all replaced in 2014. With all control lines led aft to the cockpit this vessel is safe and easily managed by a couple. There are six winches and 19 spinlock line clutches to manage all the lines in the cockpit. The sails are in excellent condition and rigged by ocean sailors to sail safely in every condition.
- Sloop rig with inner forestay and running backstays added to support the staysail for offshore storm conditions
- Deck stepped Isospar anodized aluminum mast with double spreaders
- New wire rigging new in 2014
- Full batten mainsail with mid boom sheeting to Lewmar traveler
- Traveler control lines in the cockpit
- Seldon Rodkicker rigid vang
- Gybe preventer with four part tackle port and starboard
- Jib car track with Lewmar blocks
- Harken and Seldon blocks also
- Forespar downwind pole on the mast track with fore and aft guys
- Internal halyards
- Line stoppers
- Most control lines led aft to cockpit
- Totally designed for ocean sailing by a couple. On passages the boat goes best upwind with a full battened mainsail and genoa
- All new Elstrom Sails in 1999.
- Full batten main sail with stack pac lazy bag
- Furling genoa
- Storm jib
- Asymmetric spinnaker
- True downwind spinnaker
- Reefing system is all in the cockpit with line stoppers and winches to make it easy for one person to reef never leaving the cockpit.
- One electric winch supports many tasks
- Six self tailing winches and line stoppers
- Primary sheet winches Lewmar 54s on the coaming
- Two additional Lewmar 44 at the companionway for the mainsheet and reefing system
- Spinlock Line stoppers
- All control lines led to cockpit with line stoppers so that everything is managed without leaving the cockpit
Hull & Deck
This great sailing family cruiser is fast and easy to sail. She is equipped with all the deck hardware and ground tackle needed for safe cruising. Her owners report that she is solid and well built. They are impressed with her performance in heavy weather.
- Bulb keel with lead ballast with 30mm stainless steel keel bolts
- Balanced spade rudder with G3 rudder bearings
- Hull is solid fiberglass below the waterline and cored with Divinecell core above the waterline
- Thru hulls and sea cocks
- Deck core is Divinecell with reinforced load areas
- Hull to deck flange is capped with an aluminum toe rail
- Deck hardware has backing plates
- Factory nonskid in good condition
- Lewmar Ocean hatches – large Lewmar 60 hatch forward and two more Lewmar 60 large hatches in the salon, six Lewmar 30 hatches
- Rutgerson portlight windows in the cabin house sides with plexiglass replaced in 2012
- Bow pulpit
- Double life lines
- Stern rail with walkthrough transom and swim platform
- Companionway hatch slides boards with 10mm tempered glass that slides easily with compressed gas stainless steel shock tubes.
- Great seating for six plus
- Wheel steering is King Cobra rack and pinion steering system
- Instrument display over companionway
- Teak cockpit sole
- Mahogany cockpit table
- Cockpit speakers
- Aft lazarette is large and provides access to the steering quadrant
- Aft deck with shower
- Swim ladder/Boarding ladder
- Passarelle gang way
- Manual bilge pumps in the cockpit)
- Dodger and Bimini
- Stack pac lazy bag
- LoFrans 1000 watt electric windlass with remote up and down controls
- Primary Anchor
- Secondary Anchor
Additional & Safety
- Dinghy davits
- Outboard mounts on stern rail with outboard lifting crane
- Fenders – seven plus to large round fender balls
- Dock lines – six plus two extra long lines
- Flares current
- Fire extinguishers - three placed appropriately
- Horn- new air horn plus a manual horn you can blow
- Propane detector
- Emergency tiller in the port cockpit locker
- Life sling mounted on the stern rail
- Life Raft,
- Walkthrough transom for egress
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit
- Marpole placard
- Trash placard
- Jack lines
- Lee cloths
Liopin has been meticulously maintained and upgraded to be a wonderful cruiser. Equipment is current and ready to go. You could actually buy the boat and sail away this Fall! You can't say that about many boats.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 56' 0"
- LOA: 56' 0"
- BEAM: 15' 10"
- DRAFT: 8' 0"
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Manufacturer: Dufour
- Model: 56 CC
- Designer: P. Harle/ A. Mortain
Please call or email us with any questions.
777 SE 20th St, Suite 255
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!