38' Island Packet
Punta Gorda, Florida
Photo 1 of 6
Well Maintained & Equippe
"Why Knot"...A Cruising Sailboat That Really Knows How to "Sail"!
Well Maintained & Equipped - Ready NOW for Long Term Cruising!
New Mast & Chainplates - Very Rare Shoal Draft (3'8")
She has everything you need for the cruising lifestyle including Refrigeration, Marine A/C, Wind Generator, Solar Panels, Watermaker, Custom Arch, Dinghy & OB with Davits. Cutter Rig and includes Cruising Asymmetric with snuffer sock, and so much more.
Step below to a warm inviting interior that has been enhanced by the current owners attention to detail, continuous care, and numerous upgrades.
The main salon has settees to port and starboard with lots of storage space both behind and beneath. A fold away table is mounted on the bulkhead. When lowered a built-in bottle and glass storage rack is revealed. The table will expand again to provide dining on both sides of the salon. A pullout panel in the L-shaped port settee converts this area to a double berth. There is a generous hanging locker to starboard in the salon.
Also in the salon area is the navigation station that features a large hinged table with generous stowage tray underneath. The boat's AC/DC electrical controls and other breakers are located here. There is a chart drawer opposite the nav desk.
The wrap around galley to starboard features a gimballed three burner propane stove with oven, double stainless steel sinks, refrigeration compartment, and lots of storage. There is also a flip-up counter extension for additional food prep space, dish draining, or serving.
The Island Packet 37 features two nice cabins. In the vee of the boat there is a private cabin that features a wide 6'6" long vee berth. There is generous storage space provided by plentiful drawers, cabinets, bins, shelves, and a large hanging locker. There is private access to the head and shower from this stateroom. There is also access to the divided anchor locker completely forward. The enclosed and private aft cabin features a very large double berth and upholstered dressing seat, ample stowage including a large locker with shelves, bureau, and full length mirror.
The head is just aft of the forward cabin and features a separate shower area with teak seat and curtain, a stainless steel sink in a wrap around vanity with ample space for toiletries in two cabinets. Other touches include a large mirror, recessed lighting, opening port, and overhead hatch.
- Air conditioning 16K BTU (2011)
- New Poly Holding tank with new hoses (2008)
- Princess 3-Burner Propane Stove with Oven
- (2) 10# Aluminum propane tanks
- Custom Refrigerator / Freezer with R40 vacuum panel insulation - Frigoboat keel cooler compressor with smart speed control
- Double Sink
- Seagull Water Filter at sink
- 6-Gallon Water Heater
- Fiddled Countertops
- Counter Extension
- Tilt Away Trash Bin
- Abundant Storage in Bins, Teak Dish Racks, Cabinets, & Drawers
Electronics / Entertainment
- (2) Raymarine E-120 Chartplotters (one at nav station, one at helm)
- Raymarine ST60 Wind, Depth, and Speed
- Raymarine 4KW Radar
- Davis EchoMaster Radar Reflector
- Raymarine Linear Drive Autopilot
- ICOM M602 VFR Radio with command mic at helm
- ICOM M802 Single Side Band with Pactor 3 Modem
- Ritchie Compass
- Raymarine GPS
- Amplified TV Antenna
- LG 23" TV and DVD Player
- Radio with CD Player
- Speakers in salon and cockpit
- Marine Kinetix 400 Watt Wind Generator
- (2) Kyocera 120 watt Solar Panels
- (6) Group 31 Lifeline AGM Batteries with 750 amp Hour Capacity House Bank
- (2) Spiral Wound Start Bank Batteries
- Ample Power 55 amp Charger
- 2000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter
- Ample Power Energy Monitor
- Ample Power Regulator
- Ample Power 130 amp Alternator (Hitachi 80 amp spare)
- 12 Volt Outlets at Nav Station & in Cockpit
- 50 foot 30amp Shore Power Cable
- Yanmar 38HP Diesel - approx. 3380 hours
- J-Prop Three blade feathering prop
- Racor 500 filter with vacuum gauge
- Raymarine Linear Drive Autopilot
- Mermaid 16K BTU Air Conditioning
- Spectra Ventura 200T Watermaker
- Raritan Toilet with macerator
- Shower Stall with Teak Seat
- Oil Pressure and Temp Alarms
- High Water Bilge Alarm
- 3400 GPH Rule Bilge Pump
- Lighthouse 1501 Windlass
- Anchor Washdown
- 55# Delta Primary Anchor
- 35# Delta Secondary Anchor
- 150' G4 Chain on each side
- Custom Arch with Dinghy Davits
- Motor Mount and Motor Lift
- 10' Walker Bay Dinghy
- Yamaha 4HP 4-stroke Outboard
- Bimini and Dodger (canvas cover for dodger)
- Full Cockpit Enclosure
- (3) Dorades
- BBQ Grill
- Cockpit Cushions
- Folding Cockpit Table
- (6) Fenders & Lines
- (2) Flag Halyards
- Swim Ladder
- NEW "Double Spreader" Mast in 2011
- Chainplates replaced in 2011
- Cutter Rig: 130 Jib, Staysail & Main made with heavy duty Hydra Net Sailcloth
- Cruising Asymmetric with snuffer sock made of 1 oz nylon
- Roller Furling on Jib and Staysail
- Rigid Boom Vang
- Lewmar Winches (3 on Mast / 5 in cockpit)
- (3) Fire Extinguishers
- Smoke and CO Fume Detectors
- (10) Life Jackets
- Coast Guard Safety Package
- Compressed Air Horn
- Fog Signals & Built-In Hailer VHF Radio
- High Water Bilge Alarm
Inventory includes a toolkit, lots of spares such as exhaust elbow, alternator, fuel filters, oil filters, impellers, drive belts, and other items too numerous to mention. Also cases of oil and transmission fluid.
Complete set of manuals + PDF versions that can be loaded on a computer.
Owner's personal items not listed here are not a part of the sale. Details of this vessel are offered in good faith but we cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. While efforts are made to keep this listing up to date, information provided at the time of listing is subject to change if the vessel is on the market for an extended time. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 38' 5"
- LOA: 38' 5"
- BEAM: 12' 2"
- DRAFT: 3' 8"
- Engine(s): Yanmar 3JH2E
- Hours: 3380
- Fuel: 50 gallons
- Water: 90 gallons
- Holding: 15 gallons
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Manufacturer: Island Packet
- Designer: Bob Johnson
Please call or email us with any questions.
1035 Riverside Drive
Palmetto, FL 34221
Telephone: (941) 776-0616
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!