St. Simons, Georgia
Photo 1 of 6
ONCE IN A LIFETIME....
THAT'S HOW OFTEN A VAGABOND 42 COMES ALONG SUCH AS
She has been re-fit from stem to stern and from keel to mast top without regard to cost or effort. If you like " Old World Charm" coupled with 21st century technology I suggest you immediately go to the Owners re-fit log which includes EVERY aspect of her major re-fit from her purchase in 2014 until the present with specs, pictures, CAD files, work plans, her re-fit log and more. Just go to her website:
WWW.RUAFIOLA.COM (Link within listing)
Read each category and sub-category carefully and you will know the boat intimately as well as the exceptionally knowledgeable owners and their goals for Rua Fiola.
Go to full specifications for further details and even more pictures. Call us to get aboard and prepare to be impressed!
Entering from the seakindly cockpit and down the easily accessed companionway ladder the first sense of exceptional are beautiful teak bulkheads with white headliner and a new teak and holly sole with opening floor hatches to easily access tanks and the bilge. Immediately to starboard you first find the flip top navigation deskwith pull out padded swivel stool followed by a long settee with cabinets and storage above, behind and below.
Moving forward is the private guest stateroom with over/under Pullman berths to starboard, storage cabinets, hanging locker and access to the anchor locker. Next aft to port is the private guest head with vanity, head and shower plus ample storage cabinetry. Moving aft to port you'll find the spacious salon with curved settee surrounding an oval teak dining table and generous storage capability. Next aft is the refrigeration center with top loading freezer and top and front loading refigeration compartments.
Further aft is the walk-thru galley with counter space and large SS sink over the engine access doors. Outboard is the stove, more counter space and extensive storage cabinetry. From the galley moving aft is the master headwith vanity, head, cabinetry and separate shower and private entry into the master stateroom. The master offers an athwartship king berth with pillow top mattress, bench seating in front of the berth with storage under, Hanging lockers, shelves, cabinets, aft windows to the sea and an overhead hatch. Truly an inviting, cozy, romantic master stateroom! Moving forward from the starboard side of the master you find a double sea berth outboard over storage cabinetry and more engine room access doors to port.
Few, if any 42' boats will have the storage capability of this Vagabond 42'!
- New fabric on guest stateroom cushions and pilot berth in walk-thru in 2016. Spare fabric available
- Beautiful teak and holy sole
- Interior joinery work is exceptional
- Custom bench seat with integral storage at dining table
- Force 10 3-burner propane stove w/ oven & broiler
- S/S Haier Microwave oven
- Adler Barbour 12V top loading fridge/freezer and front loading fridge
- Extra large S/S sink
- Sea Gull fresh water filtering system
- Village Marine 150 gallon-per-day watermaker w/ tester
- Water heater w/ engine and 110V capability
- Abundant counter top space for food prep
- (9) Lockers
- (6) Drawers
- Pull out cutting board
- Rail mounted Dickinson propane BBQ grill
- Propane solenoid control
- (3) 10# Propane tanks in vented locker
- NEW LPG system and tank certification
- Accumulator pump
- Kuerig coffee maker
- Garmin GHC10 hydraulic ram autopilot w/ remote
- Garmin AIS 600
- Garmin 7212 Touch chartplotter/ radar
- Garmin wind speed & depth
- Garmin 4KW 18" Radome
- Garmin XM satellite weather
- Grundig All Band radio
- Alfa wi-fi network booster
- All electonics are interfaced
- ICOM 710 SSB radio (Needs insulated backstay)
- ICOM VHF in cockpit
- Garmin wireless 200 ram VHF
- Ritchie 5" compass
- Axess Television
- AM/FM stereo w/ DVD player
- ACR 406 EPIRB
- Weems & Plath brass clock and barometer
- Weather Station
- (9) Battery bank: (1) Starting Group 27 lead acid, (2) Group 31 Auxilary for fridge, windlass, (6) 6V Trojan - house batteries
- MasterVolt 40 amp automatic battery charger
- 2300 watt inverter
- Seaforce wind generator w/ NC25 wind contoller monitor
- Re-wired to high standards
- (4) Siemens 75 watt solar panels w/ solar controller
- Blue Seas charging center
- Alpenglow lighting throughout
- Auxillary battery center and hub-complete monitoring capability
- (1) 50', (2) Marinco 25' Shore power cables
- Marine Air 25,000 BTU reverse cycle AC/Heat (2 Systems)
- Village Marine 150 GPD watermaker
- Engine monitoring gauges: tach, water temp, oil pressure
- Voltage and audible alarm system
- Fuel polishing system
- High water alarm
- Fuel and water monitor
- (2) Racor fuel filters w/ vacuum gauges
- (3) Bilge Pumps - (2) Auto, (1) Manual
- NEW Electro-San head systems
- NEW forward poly holding tank and hoses
- NEW Jabsco heads w/ Y valve
- Engine cooling and heat exchanger de-scaled
- Entire bonding/ grounding system upgraded to current ABYC standards
- 20 X 12 RH 3 blade fixed prop
- Dripless shaft
- New Pex water system throughout
- Turbo on Yanmar re-built
- All seacocks serviced or replaced
- Diesel tanks replaced including diesel return line
- Spare Marine Air 16,000 BTU reverse cycle heat and air
- All on board boat tools convey
- BC Fire extinguisher
Deck and Cockpit
- Ground Tackle: 73# Rocna w/ 300' 5/16 chain, 60# CQR w/ 92' 5/16 chain and 210' rode, 30# Danforth w/ 40' 5/16 and 250' rode, 10# Danforth w/ rode, dinghy anchor
- Simpson Lawrence electric windlass
- Fully Isenglass enclosed cockpit with hardtop bimini with lighting and sail window
- NEW Awlgrip hull paint and Awlbright cockpit paint
- Teak decks have been refurbished and are in extraordinary condition!
- New hatches throughout
- Bronze ports w/ screens
- Cockpit "chairs"
- Aft deck "lounge" with twinchairs and cocktail table!
- Dorades for ventilation
- Foredeck deck boxes
- Blipper radar reflector
- Cockpit grates
- Hull lifting points bronze toerail inlays
- Deck prisms
- 7'8" Portland Pudgy dinghy
- Electric 52# thrust OB motor w/ lithium battery
- OB motor lift
- S/S manual dinghy davits
- Massive S/S cockpit framework
- Chain stoppers
- Mooring bridle
- Anchor snubber
- Cockpit lighting
- Plastimo 6 Man Liferaft (Needs recertification)
- Para-Storm sea anchor
- Saltwater deck washdown
- Jack and safety lines w/ harnesses
- Emergency tiller
- (5) Type II Life jackets
- U.S. Coast Guard approved safety package
- Mast mounted TV antenna
- Lifesling system
- Swim ladder
Sails and Rigging
- NEW roller furling main & mizzen masts & booms by Mack
- NEW roller furling head sails by Mack - Code Zero & Genoa
- NEW sails by Mack
- (8) Harken ST winches: (2) 46 ST electric primaries, (2) Barient 19 ST secondary, (1) 46 ST electric, (2) 26 ST Main mast, (1) 26 ST Mizzen mast
- All NEW standing and running rigging and chainplates (316 SS)
- NEW Selden self tending foresail traveler
- Harken mainsheet traveler
- All lines lead to cockpit through Garhauer clutches
Rua Fiola awaits her new Captain and First Mate. She is an exceptional Vagabond 42 who has traveled to Venezuela, the Caribbean, has been lived aboard and is now "resting" in Ft. Pierce Florida having just been recently completely re-fit. She is ready willing and able to continue her adventures. Don't miss visiting her website detailing every facet of her recent and ongoing re-fit.
We welcome your most RIGID inspection!
**A complete financial analysis of the refit is available to any party that shows exceptional interest of "Rua Fiola".**
Owner's personal items not listed here are not a part of the sale. Details of this vessel are offered in good faith but we cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. While efforts are made to keep this listing up to date, information provided at the time of listing is subject to change if the vessel is on the market for an extended time. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 42' 0"
- LOA: 42' 0"
- BEAM: 12' 10"
- DRAFT: 5' 6"
- Engine(s): Yanmar 4JH3-TE
- Hours: 1041
- HP: 75
- Fuel: 110 gallons
- Water: 140 gallons
- Holding: 24 gallons
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Manufacturer: Vagabond
- Model: 42 Ketch
Please call or email us with any questions.
1035 Riverside Drive
Palmetto, FL 34221
Telephone: (941) 776-0616
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!