N. Falmouth, Massachusetts
Photo 1 of 21
<img title="Hanging Locker" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_622078920.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Head" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_208820040.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Head Shower" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_237929988.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Head Shower" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1188408642.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Head Sink" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1960659393.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Engine" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_737951633.jpg?width=80&height=80"/>
The owners have taken great pride in Bald Eagle over the years, are retiring from cruising, and are selling her “Fully Founded.” Come take a look and see this beautiful boat!
Bald Eagle is a fine example of the iconic Sabre 38 MK1, with many recent mechanical and electronic upgrades, she has been well cared for and maintained. Sabre has been producing fine yachts, built in the Maine tradition, since 1970 and continues to have a loyal and dedicated following. The Sabre 38 MK1 (built from 1981-1987) is known to be very seaworthy, spacious, fast and fun to sail. Whether cruising the coast or day sailing, the Sabre 38 MK 1 looks great, is easy to handle and performs exceptionally well.
Boston Yacht Sales has been selling new and used boats since 1953 and has been a full-line Sabre dealer since 1995.
Bald Eagle sleeps five adults. All interior lighting has been upgraded to LEDs. Master stateroom is forward and contains a V-berth and filler cushion, a seat, open shelving, chest of drawers and spacious hanging locker. Opening ports and hatches allow lots of light and ventilation. Private en-suite entrance to the head. The head contains a sink, vanity, shower with hot and cold running water and an electric sump pump. Marine toilet with electric macerator. There is another hanging locker opposite the head.
The U-shaped galley is aft to port and contains a Gimballed NG stove, double sinks with hot and cold running water and molded ice box that runs on engine and 110v power.
The large, comfortable salon contains an L-shape settee that converts to a double berth and an additional berth opposite. The salon on Bald Eagle was factory customized by Sabre to include an open-shelf pantry that provides lots of additional storage for long range travel. Gloss teak and holly sole.
The dinette provides spacious seating for all the crew and folds down to provide lots of room below. Additional wet lockers aft of the pilot’s seat is great for safety gear and rigging.
- Garmin EchoMap 70D GPS/Plotter (new, 2015)
- Datamarine Wind Instruments
- Pedastal mounted Ritchie compass (rebuilt, 2014)
- ICOM MC402 VHF with RAM mic in cockpit
- Furuno 1715 radar with second station extension to reach cockpit
- Autohelm ST4000 Wheel Pilot
Hull and Deck
- Keel/Centerboard model
- Dark green hull paint
- Two tone gel coat finished decks
- Varnished exterior teak trim
- Teak cockpit floor grates
- Stainless bow and stern lines with double lifelines
- Gates port and starboard
- Anchor locker and bow roller forward
- Maxwell H200 elec. Windlass
- Swim ladder on stern with teak treads
- Emergency tiller
- Cockpit sail lockers port & starboard
- Bottom paint and barrier
- Dodger (green)- rain tent, cockpit cover
- 12-Volt system with selector switch & circuit breakers, volt meter
- (3) deep cycle batteries, (2) for house, (1) engine start (2015)
- Power Watt 800 inveter/charger
- ALL INTERIOR LIGHTS UPGRADED TO LEDs
Sails and Rigging
- Profuri Roller Furler
- Painted aluminum spars, double spreaders
- (2) Lewmar #48 CST primary winches
- (2) Lewmar #24 C cabin top winches
- (2) Lewmar #30 C halyard winches
- Whisker Pole
- 2011 135% RF Genoa by Sperry
- Full batten mainsail, 3 reef points
- 150% Genoa
- 110% Genoa (light use)
- Drifter (green-yellow)
- Sailtec back stay adjuster (2014)
- Engine was re-built at 2,000 hours
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 38' 0"
- LOA: 38' 0"
- BEAM: 11' 6"
- DRAFT: 8' 0"
- Engine(s): Westerbeke W-33
- Hours: 4372
- HP: 33
- Fuel: 30 gallons
- Water: 94 gallons
- Holding: 15 gallons
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Manufacturer: Sabre
- Model: MK 1
Please call or email us with any questions.
275 River Street
North Weymouth, MA 02191
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!