Harpswell , Maine
Photo 1 of 57
<img title="Bruckmann 50 Pantry" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_121286224.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Refrigeration" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1239730772.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Den Library" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_674472484.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Electric Panel" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_383340400.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Galley" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1307814459.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Storage" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_780905790.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Guest Cabin" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1557808382.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Owners Cabin" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_989182230.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_445254777.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Hanging Lockers and Drawers in Owner's Cabin" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_265117569.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Galley Storage" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_242683127.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Stall Shower" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_848424620.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Drawer storage" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_2060776623.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Guest Locker" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1998532188.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Cockpit" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1164518835.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Cockpit" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_521521397.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 House Roof" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_324849647.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Cockpit Seating]" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_977485783.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_243210749.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 seating" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1902358020.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_22434441.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Helm" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1311076488.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Cockpit Table" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1610821063.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 150 HP John Deere" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1753135797.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Head" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1195993882.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50Washer/Dryer" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_734275033.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Engine Room" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1896935106.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Pilothouse" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_146319448.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Port Cockpit" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_293355586.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Helm" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1885429472.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Side deck" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1357928557.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Foredeck" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_24912626.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Anchor Platform" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_744056602.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Foredeck" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1320630372.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Mast" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_50184282.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Bruckmann 50 Sliding Door" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1242005341.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_577065755.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1950903655.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1998669942.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_840909085.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1326437797.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1270937618.jpg?width=80&height=80"/>
SURPRISE is a rare offering on the used market. The Bruckmann 50 is a no compromise motorsailer offering speeds of 9-10 knots under power or sail.
The balanced hull form offers a stable comfortable ride regardless of weather conditions. The large engine room rivals powerboats with access from the steps to the salon or through the salon cabin sole. The 150HP low revving John Deere diesel is efficient and generates performance that exceeds many trawlers.
The raised pilothouse provides 360 degree visibility at the inside helm and the raised salon. The salon is accessible from the cockpit through a sliding door with no steps. Sailing is with the ease of push buttons provided by electric winches, Leisure Furl Boom and roller furling headsail.
SURPRISE has been professionally maintained. She is currently in the water and ready for cruising.
Starting forward the owner's cabin has a centerline island berth. There is anchor locker access at the forward end of the berth. There are 2 hatches overhead for light and ventilation. Above and outboard of the berth are 6 louvered door lockers for storage. There are 2 large, cedar-lined, hanging lockers and drawer storage under the berth. A chest of 5 drawers is to starboard at the aft end of the berth.
Moving aft to starboard is the den/library. This area is directly across from and open to the galley. There is an athwartship settee that converts into a double bed. On the forward side of the den are large louvered lockers with combo washer and dryer. Outboard of the washer dryer is a navigation station, flat screen TV and storage lockers and drawers.
The heads are located on the port side. Access to the owner's head is from the forward stateroom or the hall. It is equipped with stainless sink, Corian counters and Vacuflush head. Next aft is a separate stall shower, which can be accessed from the guest or owners head. The shower is designed with a seat and telephone style shower. There is a teak grate and a storage locker. The guest head is accessed from the hall and can be used as a day head. It is equipped like the owner's head.
A guest cabin is located to starboard. It has a full size berth, a hanging locker and lockers above the berth for storage. An opening port and overhead hatch provide light and ventilation. Stainless steel Danish cabin lights. There are cedar ceiling strips on the inside of the hull.
Steps lead up the main salon and also offer engine room access. The raised salon provides a 360-degree view of the outdoors. A raised settee/dinette on the port side is comfortable and offers an exciting view of all the action. There is comfortable seating here for 4 - 5 adults. To starboard is the inside steering station with full controls and electronics. Steering is hydraulic at the inside station.
A custom-built bench seat provides comfortable seating for the helmsman. Aft of the helm is a fore and aft settee. There are custom wood louvre shades.
Ginger colored ultrasuede fabric is a wonderful compliment to the mahogany wood and white bulkheads. A teak and holly cabin sole is finished bright and is found throughout the interior. A Herreshoff style finish features white bulkheads and overheads with bright mahogany trim and mahogany doors and lockers. All hardware is top quality stainless. The interior is elegant and cheerful with a lot of fine quality details.
- John Deere 150HP diesel engine (1900 Hours -7/18)
- Varifold 4 Blade prop
- Aquamet 22 prop shaft
- Dripless shaft seal
- Dual Racor fuel filters
- Groco raw water engine strainer
- Stainless steel through transom exhaust
- Waterlift muffler
- Engine room sound insulation
- Northern Lights 8kw generator in sound shield
- Mechanical/hydraulic interface for both steering stations with status light
- Hull is a two piece Core-Cell cored with solid molded in rail. Vinylester resin throughout, solid fiberglass in areas of through hulls, struts, shafts, rudder post and centerline
- Deck is single piece Core-Cell cored fiberglass molding with non-skid pattern on working surfaces; solid fiberglass and aluminum backup plates on all through deck fittings
- Fiberglass roving and unidirectional reinforcements over foam floors with limber holes
- Deck flange bolted and bonded to hull flange
- Cast lead alloy ballast
- Navy topsides with white boot and cove, dark red bottom
- Decks are white with buff color nonskid pattern
- Teak cockpit grate, varnished teak caprail and eye brow
- Epoxy bottom
- Large hinged cockpit transom door for access to swim platform
- Pedestal steering with single lever engine controls
- Engine gauges with stop start switches and gauges at both stations
- Two huge cockpit lockers with access to generator and steering
- Varnished teak cockpit table with folding leaves, grab rails and built in cooler
- Welded stainless steel bowsprit with twin anchor rollers
Sails, Rigging and Winches
- Rod rigging
- Leisure Furl boom
- Halsey Lidgard fully battened offshore crosscut Main
- Halsey Lidgard furling 120% Genoa with foam luff
- Traveller with sheave box and custom control lines
- Spinnaker halyard on portside of mast with stopper
- Jib furling to lead down port side deck to cockpit
- Main halyard and furling lead to cockpit on starboard side
- Jib halyard and winch on port side of mast
- (2) Lewmar #54 electric cockpit winches
- (2) Lewmar #50 self tailing secondary winches
- (1) Lewmar #48 Halyard winch on mast
- Northern Lights 8kw generator with sound shield (1175 Hours -7/18)
- 220 volt inlet in stern
- 50' shore power cord
- 12 volt and 220 volt panels
- Stat power 2500 inverter
- (2) DS 115 starting batteries
- (1) 4D engine start battery
- (1) 4D generator battery
- (2) 8D gel cell house batteries new (2018)
- (1) 8D bow thruster and windlass battery
- Explosion proof battery selector switches
- All wiring color coded and sized to ABYC specs
Electronics , Navigation
Raymarine ST 60 Tridata with transducer
Raymarine ST60 wind with display and masthead unit, repeater in cockpit
Raymarine 260 VHF with remote microphone
Raymarine RL80 CRC plus radar/map/plotter
Raymarine 4kw radome
Raymarine 120 WASS GPS senor
Raymarine ST6001 autopilot with oversize pump
At outside helm:
Raymarine Ray 260 VHF 2nd handset
Raymarine ST60 Tridata repeater
Raymarine ST60 winder repeater
Raymarine ST6001 autopilot control
Mast mounted Omni TV with radio antenna
Clarion stereo with Bose speakers in cockpit and den
27" Vizio flat screen LED TV (2016)
Sony DVD player
Sirus XM radio & weather
- Pressure hot and cold water at galley and in heads with manual backups
- 20 gallon hot water heater with 110 volt and engine driven heat exchanger
- Shower with sump pump
- (1) Whale Gusher manual bilge pump
- (3) Rule 2000 electric bilge pumps with float switch
- Hot and cold cockpit shower
- (2) Vacuflush heads with holding tank
Fuel: 250 gal; alum.
Fresh Water: 200 gal; s.s.
- Spectra watermaker 6 - 7gph
- Cruisair reverse cycle air conditioning 12,000 BTU and 16,000 BTU
- Lewmar 80 KGW bow thruster with controls at both helms
- Lewmar Ocean 2 dual direction windlass 12 volt
- 10' Nautica inflatable dinghy
- 10 HP Nissan outboard
- Combo Meile clothes washer and dryer
- Swim ladder
- Screens for hatches and ports
- Pilothouse windshield washers
- 60# CQR with 300' chain rode
- 45# Plow ancher with 150' of 3/4 rode
- "Top-of-the-Line" Chelsea ship's bell and barometer set
- Elkhide covered wheel
- Mahogany blinds in pilothouse
- (4) Fenders
- Custom canvas cover for cockpit work table
- Binnacle canvas covers
- Translucent front window covers
- Cockpit cushions
SURPRISE is designed and rigged for a couple to cruise in comfort and style. Two private staterooms and a customized den with a spacious galley provide luxurious accommodations.
If you are contemplating a move from sail to power you must consider SURPRISE.
Most of the photos in the listing were taken in July 2018. Several of the photos at anchor and under sail are a sistership photo.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 50' 0"
- LOA: 50' 0"
- BEAM: 15' 5"
- DRAFT: 6' 0"
- Hours: 1900
- HP: 150
- Fuel: 250 gallons
- Water: 200 gallons
- Holding: 40 gallons
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Manufacturer: Bruckmann
- Model: Raised Pilothouse
- Designer: Mark Ellis
Please call or email us with any questions.
194 Water Street, Stonington
Stonington, CT 06378
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!