Photo 1 of 46
<img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_409569757.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_143141899.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_794674988.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_91903527.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1811918395.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_343808834.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_724596008.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_2113468580.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1443380294.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1525010774.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1705185352.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_267599649.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_642740905.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_929293513.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1971123464.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1870196955.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_207602728.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1970326681.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_603164902.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_988151970.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1390984377.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_637179969.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1844220279.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_942879864.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1579250926.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1931942058.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_648674434.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_281801956.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_156363286.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_982174710.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_5685156.jpg?width=80&height=80"/>
Westerbeke Generator (1994)
Super Max 125 Bow Thruster w/Upgraded Blades (2016)
Cruisair SXK 16 Air Conditioning w/SMX II Controller (2008) & Marine Air System – VCD16K-HRST (2008)
(2) 270 Watt Solar Panels & Blue Sky Solar Boost 50 Controller & Display (2013)
New Interlux Bottom Paint (2017)
Teak Deck Removed & Allgrip Non-Skid Applied and Topsides Re-Painted w/Allgrip (2002)
Standing & Running Rigging and Chain Plates Replaced (2003)
New Interior Cushions Throughout (2009)
(2) Freshwater Electric Heads
Cruise RO Watermaker - 20 gal/hr. (2011)
Good Electronics Including ICOM SSB, EPIRB, AIS, Raymarine Chartplotter & GPS, Wind, Depth, Autopilot, Radar
And MUCH More!
Yes, this is a Formosa 51 Ketch. Yes, her hull was built in 1977. And YES, you really do need to consider this yacht if you are looking for a blue water cruiser with character, strength and the ability to take care of you at the dock or at anchor halfway around the world.
As you will see, over the years, the very knowledgeable owner has made sure that virtually every component, system and surface on this yacht, has been replaced, upgraded or improved. Bella still retains many of the elements that reflect her traditional beauty such as the original carved cabin doors forward; however, unlike many of the Formosa's from this era, this yacht is “Ready-To-Go”.
See the full specs for more details and call the Listing Broker today!
Starting all the way forward, there is what was probably the original crew’s quarters with a single bunk bed to starboard. There is also a work bench in this area and it also serves as additional storage space.
Moving aft, on the starboard side is a forward cabin with a large twin berth with lots of built-in storage underneath.
Directly opposite of the forward cabin to port is the forward head, which can be easily accessed from either the “guest” cabin or the lower salon. This head features a Quiet Flush freshwater electric toilet.
Continuing aft, you enter the very cozy lower salon. This area has settees both to port and starboard and makes a great living area for entertaining or curling up with a good book.
Moving aft and up two steps, you enter into the large main salon and galley area. This space feels exceptionally bright and airy with an abundant amount of natural and artificial light. The galley runs the full length of the starboard side while a comfortable dinette and large built-in nav station are opposite to port. The dinette benches open for additional storage and the generator is housed in cabinets under the nav desk. There are companionway steps aft of the galley that lead up to the cockpit.
Moving aft from the main salon on centerline, you enter the enormous, full width master stateroom. There is a large berth with a custom 6 inch foam/pillow top mattress and an ensuite head to port with a Quiet Flush freshwater electric toilet. Three cool “pirate’s” windows line the stern over the berth.
- Custom-Brass opening ports in aft cabin on stern X 3 netting
- Custom beams / rails / lighting main cabin (2010)
- Custom 6” foam/pillow top mattress in aft cabin (2009)
- New interior cushions (2009)
The L-shaped galley runs the full length of the main salon on the starboard side. The updated appliances, enormous amount of counter space and numerous drawers, lockers and dry storage bins, make this galley delightfully functional for the chef.
- Range-Force 10 3 burner, model (2011)
- Tundra AC/DC front opening refrigerator (2008)
- Kenmore 3.5 cu/ft. chest freezer (AC) (2017)
- Microwave (2010)
- Cruise RO Watermaker (20 gal/hr.) (AC/DC) (2011)
- 12 lb. propane tanks X 2 /w solenoid controller
- ICOM-M700PRO SSB (2011)
- Pactor II Modem with III License (2011)
- AT-120 Tuner (2001)
- EPIRB: ACR Globalfix RLB-35 CAT II (2011) - New Battery (Oct. 2014)
- VHF: Horizon Standard GX1600 (2014)
- HS RAM 3 Remote Head (2014)
- AIS: West Marine 1000 (A & B) (2011)
- Chartplotter: Raymarine RL-70 CRC, (Color & Radar)
- (6) C-Map Cartridges
- Raymarine 130 GPS Sensor (2004)
- Wind & Depth: SD 40 (2017)
- Autopilot: Raymarine Type 3 Hydraulic- Capilano 1275V/Piston /Helm Pump (2006)
- ST 7002 Control Head (2012)
- X30 Course Computers (2012)
- ST 600 R Remote (2004)
- Wi-Fi Booster: Rogue Wave (2013)
- Cisco Wi-Fi Router (2013)
- Stereo: AM/FM/Disc plus (2) Cockpit Speakers (2012)
- Westerbeke BTD Generator (Oct. 1994)
- Large Distribution Panel 30 amp Service AC (2008) w/Cord
- Xantrex Freedom 2000 Invertor/Charger with Controller (2014)
- Protomatic 24V Charger (2006)
- Freedom 40 Charger (2006) – Utilized as Spare Only - Not Wired-In
- Solar (2013):
- (2) Sun Tech 270 watt Panels (540 watts @24V)
- Blue Sky Solar Boost 50 - Controller & Display
- House - (7) Odyssey AGM Series 31 & (1) Odyssey AGM Series 34M
- Starting – (1) Odyssey AGM series 31
- Forward – (2) Deep Cycle Lead Acid Maintenance Free 12V = 24 volts (May 2015)
- Several Pigtails w/30 amp & 50 amp Male & Female Connecters
- LED Running Lights Aqua Signal series 40
- Masthead Tri-Color LED
- LED Spreader Lights
Cockpit, Deck & Hull
- Dodgers (Cockpit & Companionway)
- Cushions and seats (3)
- Removed teak deck and applied Allgrip non-skid (2002)
- Repainted Topsides with Allgrip (2002)
- Bottom paint - (2) Coats Interlux 66 (2017)
- Replaced Coach roof and tinted windows (foam core) 2010
- Custom Cabin top dinghy and life raft cradles
- Carved wooden dog sculpture (St. Bernard) on bow pulpit
- Custom Heavy duty dolphin striker with solid rod support (2003)
- Powered TV antenna mounted on mizzen (Older non-digital)
- Golight remote control light mounted on mizzen (500,000 candle power)
- Long wooden boat hook 10’
- Adjustable aluminum boat hook/deck brush/gaff
- Whisker pole- Adjustable 4” 13’+
- Teak boarding ladders- One short (3 step), One folding (3-6 step)
- Ground Tackle:
- Delta 88 with 300 ft. 3/8 BB chain (2011)
- 45 lb. CQR type with 25 ft. 3/8 chain with 250 ft. ¾ 3 strand nylon
- 35 lb. Danforth
- 3/4 “ Bridle with 2 30’ limbs and chain hook
- Multiple braided dock lines
- 285 ft. 1” triple braid nylon rode for third anchor or cut for dock lines, like new - never used
Sails & Rigging
- Main - Dacron battenless in Facnor roller furler (2009 – Excellent Condition)
- Mizzen - Dacron battenless in Facnor roller furler (2009 – Excellent Condition)
- Genoa - High cut 135 Dacron on Facnor roller furler
- Stay sail - Dacron on Facnor roller furler
- Replaced Standing and running rigging and chain plates (2003)
- Lewmar 30 self-tailing, (4) Secondary (2) Mizzen Halyard and Main sheet
- Lewmar 40 self-tailing, Genoa and Main (2) halyards
- Baron 5 Genoa halyard
- Barlow Primaries with Winch-Mate self-tailing conversion
Mechanical & Plumbing
- Main Engine: Ford- Lehman 120
- Max Prop 3-Blade foldable 18” (Refurb 2008, New blades)
- Borg Warner Velvet drive transmission (Refurbished 2012)
- PSS Dripless stuffing box (2011)
- Prestolite 90 amp alternator (2017)
- New throttle cable and fuel shut off solenoid (Spring 2015)
- Bow Thruster- Super Max 125 (24V) w/ upgraded blades (2016)
- Air Conditioners:
- Cruisair SXK 16 /w SMX II Controller (2008)
- Marine Air System- VCD16K-HRST (2008)
- Raw water pump- Johnson 510-0201 (Upgrade 2014)
- Oil Transfer Pump (2008)
- Filter Boss Fuel Commander 60 gph- Fuel pump & filter/polisher (2011)
- (2) Jabsco Quiet Flush Electric, Freshwater Heads, Model 37045 (2006)
- Bilge Pumps:
- Rule 3700 gph /w float
- Rule 2000 /w float
- Rule 2000 (spare)
- Shower sump with diaphragm pump 8 gph
- High water alarm and float in place but not wired in
- Surflo Deck Wash Pump (24V) (2009)
- Surflo Aqua King Pressure pump-model 2901 (2012), brand new spare in locker
- Emergency Tiller
- Life Sling
- Horse Shoe Buoy 2
- Web Jack Lines (2)
- Life Jackets:
- (3) Offshore Type V Inflatable Harness
- (7) Type1
- (2) Type 3
- Ditch Bag
- Flares- Up To Date & Multiple Older
- First Aid Kit
- Viking 6-Man Offshore Life raft –Re-Certified (Oct. 2014)
- Radar Reflector
Miscellaneous Spare Parts
- Starters for main engine and genset
- Alternators for main and genset
- Inter cooler for transmission
- Multiple fan belts and emergency fan belts (2)
- Water pumps for main engine
- Multiple filters for fuel/oil/watermaker
- Extensive materials to pickle and clean and maintain watermaker
- Repair kits for heads x 2
- Blade set for bow thruster and shear bushing and fuse
- Several zincs for engines, genset and prop/shaft
- Dampening plate
- (2) large cylinder fenders 10” x 30”
- Tuff End round fender 18”
- Diesel cans (3)
Insurance surveyor in November 2015: “I thought I was going to see another tired Formosa, but this is one of the best I have ever seen”. Only defect found was chafed fuel hoses and a bad thru hull. Corrected.
Most Formosa 51’s can be bought cheap because they need extensive repairs and upgrades. I have spent at least $400,000 or more get this boat blue water ready. We did extensive cruising for three years with just me and my novice wife.
The Listing Brokerage Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel regardless of information provided. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. PLEASE NOTE: All electronics are listed for verification purposes but not warranted in the selling price of the boat.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, any warranties expressed or implied and/or any engine service as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
All the yacht brokerage agents at the listing company are Independent Contractors.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 51' 0"
- LOA: 51' 0"
- BEAM: 15' 3"
- DRAFT: 6' 6"
- Engine(s): Ford Lehman
- HP: 120
- Fuel: 150 gallons
- Water: 150 gallons
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Manufacturer: Formosa
- Model: Ketch
Please call or email us with any questions.
800 Mariners Drive - Pier 6/7
Kemah, TX 77565
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!