44' Island Packet
Photo 1 of 6
2001 Island Packet 420 TIRIL, Proven Passagemaker!
Special Features Include:
- NEW 2019 Yanmar 4JH4-TE, 75 hp with only 250 hours!
- Two sets of sails; one set NEW 2018, plus a Gennaker with sock
- NEW in 2018 Safety Equipment: Viking 6 person Liferaft, EPIRB,
- 4 Inflatable Baltic Argus harnesses
- NEW 2019 Victron dual electrical system 120v and 240v for international cruising
- NEW in 2018 D-400 wind turbine and 2 85-watt solar panels
- NEW in 2019 2 flexible 110-watt solar panels
- Whisker pole for downwind passages
- Spotless interior, bright light teak inside, clean natural teak outside
- Balmar 100 amp alternator and Balmar 614 H regulator
- Webasto diesel heater with 4 air outlets
- Many spares for extended cruising, 2nd autopilot, 2nd alternator, and much more
This beautiful and pristine Island Packet 420 was thoroughly equipped in Sweden in 2018. After crossing the Atlantic and cruising in the Caribbean and the Bahamas, the owners sailed to Annapolis, MD. TIRIL is ready to cruise anywhere in the world. Sail her back to Europe and enjoy the many wonderful ports there or head westward for a circumnavigation aboard a proven yacht. IP 420 TIRIL is named for a lovely yellow Norwegian flower. She has been lovingly maintained and is ready for your new adventures. Please take a look at the 50+ photos and the listing details. Give us a call to see this special bluewater cruising yacht.
TIRIL: The Island Packet 420 Specifications:
LOA 44' 7"
LWL 37' 4"
Ballast: 12,000 lbs (5,443 kg)
Displacement: 30,000 lbs (13,608 kg)
Beam 14' 3" (4.3 m)
Draft 5' 0" (1.5 m)
Sail Area 1,088 sq.ft (101 m2)
Mast Above DWL 58'10" (17.9 m)
Fuel 160 gal. U.S. (606 l)
Water 250 gal. U.S. (946 l)
Holding 60 gal. U.S. (227 l)
Headroom 6'5" (2.0 m)
Sail Area/Displ. 18.0
Auxiliary Power: 75 hp Yanmar Diesel (56 kW)
First Year Built: 1999
Last Year Built: 2005
Total Number Built: 111
Liveaboard comfort and practical cruising features are obvious throughout the IP-420, delivering the best accommodations for a yacht in this size range. Starting forward is a large anchor locker with access through a door in the forward head. The forward head features a separate shower stall with acrylic door, deep S/S sink with vanity, marine toilet, plus several lockers and drawers. Excellent ventilation is provided in the head and adjacent cabin by two overhead hatches and many opening portlights. The forward owner's suite utilizes the entire beam of the yacht. The large island berth is offset from the hull providing easy access from both sides, with a spacious dressing seat. Drawers, cabinets, storage bins, and a deep hanging locker provide ample storage.
The main salon features Island Packet's signature bulkhead mounted fold-up table and full-length settees. The starboard settee pulls out to provide a double berth. The navigation station has an electric swing-out seat and large hinged chart table. The galley on the starboard side of the companionway features double S/S sinks, a 3-burner propane stove with oven, microwave, generous wrap around counter space, and a large refrigerator and freezer. To port is the aft head with entry from the salon or private aft cabin. It features a shower with wrap-around curtain, marine toilet, S/S sink, and teak cabinetry. Aft cabin amenities include a large Pullman berth, cedar-lined locker, and numerous drawers and bins. Tiril's beautiful teak and holly sole has been protected with an IP factory carpet set.
- Island Packet beige fabric with maroon and bluegreen flecks
- Island Packet beige Ultra-leather on nav seat and dressing seat
- Island Packet carpet set protecting the teak and holly sole
- Barometer and clock by Danish designer, Georg Jensen
- Removable linen portlight curtains for shade and privacy
- Bed linens in both staterooms
- Assorted pillows
- Bright, beautiful interior teak with satin varnish in excellent condition
- (3) cabin fans
- Exterior mosquito screens
- Overhead hatch screens
- Portlight screens
The Frigomatic refrigerator/freezer provides higher efficiency and lower usage of 12-volt power. The freezer side is divided from the refrigerator. There is an evaporator plate the full length of the refrigerator compartment. A fully gasketed lifting lid is supported by a gas strut and seals the freezer and refrigerator. See photos.
- Refrigerator & Freezer: Two Frigomatic dual units, model AV 35 F and K 35 F with two 12-volt compressors. One unit is air-cooled and one is water-cooled.
- Custom divider partitions the refrigerator and the freezer compartments
- Seaward Princess 3-burner gimballed LPG stove and oven
- (2) 10 lb aluminum LPG tanks
- (3) Camping Gas Euro tanks
- Double bowl stainless steel sink
- Built-in microwave oven
- Dishes, glasses, pots and pans, silverware, utensils, etc.
- Countertops in almond Formica, edged in coordinated Corian
- Raymarine 4KW HD radar mast mounted at the spreaders, new 2014
- Raymarine E7 color radar/chart plotter display at helm, new 2014
- Raymarine Wind, Speed, Depth all connected via Seatalk, new 2014
- Raymarine 4 additional displays mounted above companionway (Seatalk), 2014
- Raymarine AIS 650, new 2018
- Navionics chips for Chartplotter: South America, Caribbean Sea, US East Coast
- Raymarine below-deck autopilot with duplicate spare ram
- ICOM IC-706 MKII HF/VHF/UHF SSB radio
- SSB Antenna tuner on isolated backstay
- Shipmate RS 8400 DSC VHF radio
- Glomex masthead mounted TV antenna
- Navtex Vecom Weather receiver at nav desk
- Mast mounted radar reflector above the radar antenna
- NEW Yanmar Engine 2019 4JH4-TE 75 hp
- ONLY 250 hours!
- NEW 2019 Motor mounts
- New 2017 Tides Marine Dripless shaft seal
- Propeller Variprop 4 bladed feathering
Electrical / Mechanical
- Victron 3600VA Isolation Transformer, which switches automatically between US 120 and European 240v, new 2019
- D-400 wind turbine, new 2018
- (2) 85-watt solar panels mounted on lifelines with a regulator, new 2018
- (2) 110-watt flexible solar panels with a regulator, new 2019
- Sleipner bow thruster with a dedicated battery in bow
- MasterVolt battery monitor
- Invatec Pure Sine Wave Inverter
- Webasto diesel heater with 4 air outlets
- (6) AGM batteries, 1 start battery, 1 bow thruster battery
- Balmar Alternator 100 amp with Balmar 614 H Regulator
- Spare Yanmar Alternator, new 2019
- Holding tank electric macerator pump, new 2019
- Fresh water pump, new 2019
- 30 amp shore power cord for 110v and others for connecting to 220v
Sails, Canvas and Rigging
NEW SAILS, SPARE SET OF SAILS and a GENNAKER!
- Gran Seil of Oslo, Norway, mainsail Contender 10.52 oz Dacron, new 2018
- Gran Seil 110% genoa Contender 9.52 oz Dacron, new 2018, on Harken roller furling
- Gran Seil staysail, Contender 8.52 oz Dacron, new 2018 on Harken roller furling
- Gennaker, sock, and handling gear (halyard, sheets, blocks. See photo)
- Stack pack mainsail cover, new 09/2019
- Three original Mack sails serviced in Norway 2018 and stowed aboard
- Rig inspection in Sweden, 2018
- Selden telescoping whisker pole for downwind sailing
- Walder Boom-Brake Preventer system, new 2018
- Boom Vang
- Aries Windvane for self-steering
- Dodger, Bimini and Cockpit Enclosure, new 2015
- Canvas helm cover
- Cockpit cushions and helm seat cushion with backrest
- Lofrans Tigres 1500 watt electric anchor windlass with 100 amp circuit breaker
- Chain stopper and anchor swivel on primary anchor
- Rocna 72 lb (33 kg) primary anchor on 164 ft (50 m) of 10mm BBB chain
- Rocna 33 lb (15 kg) secondary anchor on 164 ft (50 m) rope rode
- Danforth spare anchor on rope rode
- (3) S/S dorade cowl vents with S/S guards
- (2) S/S mast pulpit bars for crew safety at the mast
- Motor lift with a 6 hp Yamaha outboard motor
- Fixed steps up the mast from deck to masthead
- S/S chafe guards at all cleats
- Rubrail on the hull with S/S striker
- Cockpit shower
- Stern rail seats built into the stern pulpit
- (2) Flag halyards
- Viking 6 person canister liferaft stern-mounted in custom S/S rack, new 2018
- Automatic engine room fire suppression device, new 2018
- (4) Baltic Argus inflatable life jackets w/harnesses and tethers, new 2018
- EPIRB, ARC w/built-in GPS, new 2018
- LED navigation lights, new 2018
- Jacklines bow to stern
- Lifesling mounted on stern rail
- Man overboard pole
- Flare kit
- (2) fire extinguishers
- Custom lee cloths for both settees
- Rig cutter for removing rigging at sea in an emergency
- Wood plug set
- All head hoses including outlets, new 2018
- Saltwater supply hose to forward head, new 2019
- Freshwater pump, new 2019
- Holding tank macerator pump, new 2019
- Ablative bottom paint, black, new 09/2019
- Extensive organized manuals, receipts and maintenance records
- (2) Cockpit tables, original and custom extended table
- (2) Barbeque charcoal grills; one S/S Magma round grill with a rail mount and one portable beach grill
- LTC Stereo/radio, Bluetooth, new 2017
- Glomex TV mast-mounted antenna
- (2) Large sunshades for over the boom and the bow
- Spare dock lines
- Fenders w/lines
- Fishing rods and fishing rod holder
- Boat hook
- Water hose
- Sewing kit
- Hot air gun
- Large inventory of manual and electric tools
- (2) vacuum cleaners 12 v and 220 v
- Office tools such as scissors, stapler, etc.
- Courtesy flags for many European and Caribbean countries
- Two boxes of signal flags
- Stenton oil lamp
The owners of Tiril are leaving onboard hundreds of dollars in spare parts. Some of these are listed here:
- Yanmar engine spare parts and filters
- Yanmar new 2018 spare alternator
- Raymarine autopilot spare ram
- Sail repair kit and rigging spares
- Zincs (prop, bow thrusters, rudder strap)
- LPG pressure gauge
- LPG solenoid valve
- And much, much more!
Owner's personal items not listed here are not a part of the sale. Details of this vessel are offered in good faith but we cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. While efforts are made to keep this listing up to date, information provided at the time of listing is subject to change if the vessel is on the market for an extended time. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 44' 7"
- LOA: 44' 7"
- BEAM: 14' 3"
- DRAFT: 5' 0"
- Engine(s): Yanmar 4JH4-TE
- Hours: 250
- HP: 75
- Fuel: 160 gallons
- Water: 250 gallons
- Holding: 60 gallons
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Manufacturer: Island Packet
- Model: 420
- Designer: Bob Johnson
Please call or email us with any questions.
1035 Riverside Drive
Palmetto, FL 34221
Telephone: (941) 776-0616
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!