72' Cheoy Lee
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Photo 1 of 24
<img title="Lower Helm" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1583324763.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Lower Helm Controls" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1610884006.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Master Stateroom" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_380125053.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Master Bath" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1001698863.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="VIP Stateroom" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_788535217.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="VIP Bath" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1031870896.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Guest Stateroom" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_898199229.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Guest Bath" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_771645307.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Engine Room" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_794444483.jpg?width=80&height=80"/>
72' Cheoy Lee Motor Yacht ILLIQUID
Cheoy Lee Yachts was founded in 1870 and is still owned by the same family 148 years later. Currently yachts are only part of the overall business of Cheoy Lee, building many types of commercial vessels, such as tug boats, patrol boats, fishing and utility boats. The commercial heritage of these work boats is obvious in the engine rooms of all Cheoy Lee yachts built today.
This 72' Cheoy Lee yachtfisherman was built for a boater who wants the cockpit of a sport fish with the amenities of a motor yacht. A big low to the water cockpit with ice chipper and baitwell has a removable sun shade for fishing time but shade for cruising. The deck is synthetic teak and there is no exterior varnish to keep maintenance easier.
Three staterooms with ensuite heads plus two crew cabins give plenty of room for family and guests and the big galley makes feeding them easy. The flybridge has a full recent enclosure.
The main salon is entered from the aft deck through a stainless framed sliding glass door. To starboard is a built-in "U"shaped couch with ample storage below. More storage is available in the custom cubes that fit to together to make a "coffee table" or ottomans. Across from the couch is the entertainment center with the television on a lift to stow away out of sight. Forward of the television is a day head, a wonderful convenience for guests rather than going below decks. The floor of the salon has been updated recently with Amtico engineered wood flooring for a clean look and ease of care. As with most Cheoy Lee yachts, the windows are large to let in natural light, and low enough for a great view out when on the couch. The side decks are covered walk around decks, so that there is a of sun shade from the covered decks and the shades do not need to be drawn all the time to keep the sun and heat out. For privacy or to keep the sun out, the windows have pleated box shades.
The galley is forward a few steps up to keep it separate from the salon. The flooring is the same Amtico synthetic wood for a warm look with ease of care. The counter tops are dark granite, with natural cherry wood cabinets and updated stainless appliances and sink. There is a large window over the sink to brighten the area and give a great view when in the galley. The kitchen is "U" shaped with a forward counter to divide the area from the dining area forward to port. The couch seating has plentiful storage below the cushions. A curving circular stairway, a work of art in curved wood and stainless steel, leads to the flybridge so there is access to the bridge both from the aft deck and from the galley area.
- Dinette sofa with Ultra-leather Brisa black Onyx
- KitchenAid refrigerator
- KitchenAid convection oven (2015)
- KitchenAid electric cook top (updated 2015)
- KitchenAid trash compactor (2015)
- KitchenAid microwave oven (2015)
- KitchenAid dishwasher (2015)
- Cherry wood dinette table (2015)
- Corian counter tops
- Hot water tap
- Corian counter top and sink
- LED ceiling lights
- Under cabinet lights
- Amtico 3" Plank flooring
A black leather Stidd helm seat gives a great view for operation underway at the lower station. A full complement of electronics allows the skipper to run this yachtfisherman in any weather. There are doors from the pilothouse to both port and starboard side decks for ease of docking and line handling. Stairs lead down to the cabins from the helm.
- Garmin 3010C GPS plotter
- Rudder angle indicator
- Ritchie Powerdamp compass
- ACR 100 search light remote control station
- Defroster windshield fan
- Twin Disc Power Commander electronic engine controls
- Twin Disc Wired remote control box with remote Plug-In Station
- (2) Caterpillar engine displays
- Custom stainless steel steering wheel
- Watermaker start stop remote control
- Maxwell windlass remote control
- Simrad AP 20 Autopilot
- Simrad CA 54 radar
- ICom M 602 VHF Radio
- SEA 235 SSB Single sideband radio
- American Bow thruster hydraulic control
- American bow thruster cooling pump selector
- Ships Alarm system panel
- Northern Lights Generator Start & Stop Controls
Access to the staterooms is from a curved carpeted stairway from the pilothouse. Forward is the VIP stateroom in beautiful gloss woods with padded vinyl panels to keep the stateroom lighter, with a large hatch overhead for natural light. Storage cabinets to port and starboard at head level plus under the queen berth gives room for extended cruising. The ensuite head has black granite countertops with white and black tile floor. The stall shower has a bench seat.
This stateroom has three single berths, one to each side as typically seen, plus a third berth over the headboard area to give the most versatility. If there are only two guests the third bunk makes a great catch-all area for fishing gear, dive gear and beach clothes, if the extra room is needed the extra bunk comes in handy. The ensuite head has the same black granite counter top and a stall shower. The flooring is also white tile with black diamond shape tile inserts.
The master stateroom is full beam, midship, for the most comfort underway or on the hook. The center-line walk around berth is king-size with storage below. There are two good size cedar lined closets with a safe in one. To starboard is a high-top dresser and to port is storage with an additional single berth for a child, or a place to stow some cruising gear. It would be a simple conversion to change this to a high-top dresser with a dressing bench. The ensuite master head has a full-size water jet tub plus a separate stall shower. The counter top is black granite and the flooring, like the other cabins, is white tile with diamond shape black tile inserts.
- 220/110V AC 60 cycle and 24/12V DC electrical panels, main panels in engine room and zone panels throughout vessel
- ACR 100 Searchlight with dual station remote control
- Halogen overhead light fixtures throughout
- (2) Banks of 24V DC 210 amp-hour batteries for engine starting and ship service
- Emergency engine start battery parallel system, dual station
- 12V DC 175 amp-hour battery for generator starting
- 12V DC 20 amp-hour battery charger
- (1) 24V DC 210 amp-hour gel battery bank, with 24V DC 60 amp battery charger and 50 amp Vanner 12V DC power supply, with spare 24/12V DC circuit breakers in sub-panel for electronic use
- Glendenning Cablemaster shore power cable retrieval system for 220V AC 50 amp service, with 100 ft. cable
- Voltmeters and ammeters for supply circuits
- LCD touch screen control/alarm monitoring system with audible and visual signals displayed on Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) located in p
Access to the engine room is from a door in the cockpit so that mechanics and crew do not have to go through the stateroom areas. There is an emergency access hatch from the master stateroom however. Going into the engine room which is clean and bright there is a scuba tank filling dive compressor mounted to starboard, with the water maker aft. Twin 20kW Northern Lights generators in sound shield enclosures are mounted with easy access to both sides. The Caterpillar C-18 engines are forward, and they also have good access to all sides of the engines. There is a watertight bulkhead door leading to the crew quarters with two separate single berth cabins. There is a separate shower stall and separate head. Both cabins have televisions.
- Racor fuel filters for the main engines, manifolded to allow filter change underway
- Racor filter for generator
- Water heater, 30 gallon, dual element, quick recovery type
- Automatic bilge pumps, for each separate compartment in the vessel
- Grunfos 1hp AC water pump with accumulator tank, for fresh water pressure system
- Hart Tank Tender gauges for fuel, fresh water, black water and grey water tanks
- Black water tank level indicator and high level alarm
- Engineered sound vibration and noise attenuation system for engine room spaces consisting of lead tile sound barriers and mylar faced synthetic lead-foam insulation covered with white painted aluminum perforated sheeting
- Drip trays under engines
- Stainless steel rudder blades
- Nibral propeller shaft struts
- Nibral class S, dynamically balanced propellers
- PYI packless shaft seals
- Watertight transom engine room door
- Watertight emergency escape hatch from engine room/utility space to master stateroom
- Portable electronic engine control boxes on 25' cords with (2) remote plug in stations
- American 12" Trac hydraulic bow thruster with dedicated battery bank
- Village Marine Tec STW800 800gpd water maker, with pilothouse control panel
- Twin Caterpillar C-18 1,000 bhp each, diesel engines, fresh water cooled, electronic injection/governor
- Z/F Transmissions model ZF 550A
- Underwater exhausts with bypass and fiberglass mufflers
- 220V AC reverse cycle chilled water air conditioning
- Centek combo generator muffler, air/water separator type, with hull side exhaust
- (2) Northern Lights 20kW generators in sound shields with 4855 hours and 4060 hours
- Power hydraulic steering
- Engine drive emergency bilge pumping system for engine room bilges
- Lube oil change system with manifold and hoses to all engines and gearboxes
- Ice chipper
Deck and Hull
- Hull, deck and superstructure of Divinycell cored fiberglass
- Extensive use of bi-axial and multi-axial E-glass reinforcement
- Integral fiberglass fuel, fresh water and holding tanks with baffles and cleaning manholes
- Tinted (except pilothouse) tempered, glass windows, utilizing high strength, adhesion style window system
- Awlgrip non-skid exterior decks
- Vinylester laminate and epoxy barrier on hull bottom
- All hardware chrome on brass, 316 stainless steel or anodized/painted aluminum
- Stainless steel bow rails 1.25", with mid rail
- Walkaway lighting on side deck overhangs
- Foredeck molded seat (storage under) with upholstered cushions
- Boarding gates, port and starboard
- Maxwell VWC3500, 24V DC, 3500lb. vertical anchor windlass with 3/8" chain cathead and rope capstan, deck pipe and chain stopper
- 24V DC, 175amp-hour battery, stored in forward stateroom for windlass service
- 66lb. Bruce anchor stowed on roller assembly on bow
- Fresh water anchor wash down
- Twin trumpet air horn
- KitchenAid stainless steel barbeque grill on boat deck
- Nautical structures HDC-1500-2 electro/hydraulic davit for tender
- Dinghy excluded from sale
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 72' 0"
- LOA: 72' 0"
- BEAM: 20' 2"
- DRAFT: 5' 0"
- Engine(s): Caterpillar C-18
- Hours: 2825
- HP: 2000
- Fuel: 2025 gallons
- Water: 600 gallons
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Manufacturer: Cheoy Lee
- Model: Yacht Fisherman
Please call or email us with any questions.
3051 West State Road 84
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!