54' Ta Chiao
Photo 1 of 36
<img title="Salon port" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_216004156.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Dining area starboard of galley" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_218510457.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Dining area" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_753920414.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Galley" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1894467875.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Galley" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1374041693.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Galley" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1659798825.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Galley" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_521860795.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Hanging lockers master suite" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1331884466.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Seating area master suite" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1934911114.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Master suite berth" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_385186549.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Master head with marble counter" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_402808418.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Master head" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1762100040.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Separate shower with seat master head" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_368733865.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Nav area" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1780046792.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Forward starboard guest cabin" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1527031019.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Starboard guest cabin looking aft" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1385011384.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Port guest cabin looking aft" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1687449332.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Port guest cabin looking forward" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_94142938.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Forepeak--washer, storage, workshop" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_248828730.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Forepeak storage" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_698324525.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Underway" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1411220841.jpg?width=80&height=80"/>
By appointment only
Robert Perry Designed
Cutter Ketch Rigged
Original Iron Fuel Tanks Replaced with Aluminum Tanks
Teak Ratlines and Crows Nest
3 Marine Reverse Cycle AC/Heaters
Ford Lehman Diesel
Redundant Auto Pilots
Often referred to as a “pirate ship”, the Robert Perry designed CT 54 is as “salty” and traditional as it gets and with her low freeboard, striking sheer and graceful lines she is bound to attract attention wherever she goes. She is a true voyager, robustly built, well-mannered offshore, capable of safely taking you anywhere that stirs your heart.
In 1981, Ta Chiao made huge improvements in the layup of the deck. Previous models suffered from the “leaky teaky” decks caused by sealant failure where the decks where screwed into the coring.
The new and much improved design features 2 ½” plywood coring with ¾” fiberglass above and below for a total of a 4” thick deck. With ¾” of fiberglass on top, the deck screws don’t penetrate the wood coring. This eliminated the deck leak and core rot issues which were common on the earlier models. Vickie Marie is a 1982 model.
Vickie Marie has only had two owners and her current owners are moving inland necessitating her sale. She is a wonderfully balanced and safe offshore voyager and is ready for her next owner to take her to distant shores.
Bob Perry on the sea trial of the first CT 54 built. “Blasting around San Francisco Bay on my very first design was something I’ll never forget…the helm balance was perfect…”
Contact the listing broker today to schedule a time to see Vickie Marie.
The CT54 offers comfortable cruising with its spacious layout offering a private aft cabin with Queen-size bed, full-equipped galley, separate dining area, beautiful main salon and two additional guest cabins forward. All accommodations are cooled (and heated) via three reverse-cycle marine air conditioning units.
Owner’s Stateroom (aft)
- Queen berth with new mattress and drawers under
- Settee with drawers under
- Dresser with lighted mirror
- Four opening rear ports
- Reading light and cabin fan
- Flat screen TV with remote
- Private aft head with tub and shower, sink (set in marble countertop) and electric commode
- Large hanging closet
- Elegantly carved main companionway stairs
- Carved panels on each side of companionway (allowing deck instrument access)
- L-shaped settee to starboard with folding (and lowering) teak table
- Two individual easy chairs and ottoman to port, all with storage
- Bar area
- Many teak cabinets, book shelves and lockers
- Large 32” flat screen TV
- Navigation table with folding teak laptop cabinet
Galley and Dining Area
The large galley is located to port aft of the main salon with the dining/breakfast area to starboard. A large chest refrigerator freezer is centerline. The galley has the following features:
- 3 burner Princess stove with oven
- Freezer with Grunhert plates (compressor replaced 2006) and spillover to refrigerator which has front and top opening doors. The freezer is also engine driven.
- Microwave oven
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Corian countertops
- Ice maker (accessed from main salon)
- 12 gallon water heater (110v and engine)
- Manual sea-water pump (not connected)
- Manual fresh water pump (not connected)
The teak dining table to starboard is surrounded by a u-shaped settee which comfortably seats 6 adults and may be lowered to convert to a double guest berth.
Port Guest Cabin
- Single berth that pulls out to create double berth with cabinets under
- Inboard wall of cabinets with dresser and large mirror
- Reading light and cabin fan
Starboard Guest Cabin
- Two bunk berths: lower berth (pulls out to increase width) with cabinets below and upper single bunk
- Inboard wall of cabinets with dresser and large mirror
- Two reading lights and cabin fan
Port Head and Center Shower
- There is a forward manually operated commode with sink
- The separate shower compartment is accessible from either of the forward cabins. The Starboard head has a sink but the commode has been removed (though all plumbing remains)
- The section forward of the two side cabins houses the washing machine with spinner
- Additional storage cabinets and closet for tools
- Access to the chain & rope locker
Electrical and Electronics
Located below decks are the following:
- Iridium satphone (requires service contract)
- Globalstar satphone (requires service contract)
- Icom M710 SSB with antenna tuner unit with Pactor 2E modem (for email via SSB)
- Simrad Robinson AP20 autopilot control head (remote control in cockpit)
- Alpha autopilot control panel (still works but ram removed)
- Standard Horizon VHF radio
- Standard Horizon CP 150 GPS/plotter
- AIMS Power 1800 watt inverter
- Stereo system with multiple speakers
- Below decks motion detector with alarm
On deck are the following:
- B&G Network depth
- B&G Network speed
- B&G Network NAV display with repeater below at nav desk
- Standard Horizon CP180 GPS / Plotter (updated chips 2016) with AIS receiver
- Furuno 1623 16nm radar
- ICOM M502 VHF
Engine and Mechanicals
- 120 HP Ford Lehman 6cyl diesel engine
- Borg Warner velvet drive transmission (rebuilt 2000)
- New running gear 2012 (includes new prop shaft, shaft coupling, pillar blocks, stern tube and cutlass bearing)
- All engine belts and hoses replaced 2012
- Kohler 9kW generator (new 1997). Generator & motor rebuilt by Kohler 2008 (approximately 4523 hours)
- Two 16,000 BTU and one 12,000 BTU reverse cycle Cruiseair A/C units
- Newmar 4-bank battery charger
- 25 Gallon an hour 110V Watercraft watermaker
- Washing machine with spinner
Sails and Rigging
- Profurl roller furling headsail system with 150% genoa
- Staysail stay with boomed staysail
- Mainsail in Doyle stack-pack
- Mizzen in Doyle stack-pack
- All sails have been lightly used
- Stainless steel boom gallows for main and mizzen
- All rigging inspected regularly and stays and shrouds replaced as recommended. Last inspection 2012
- Stainless steel crows-nest
- Bimini and dodger with full cockpit enclosure
- Full cockpit screens
- Full boat awning (in three sections) with Textaline side sun-screens and with nozzles to allow for funneling rainwater to water tanks
- 2 x Teak deck boxes (aft) with 4 x 10lb propane tanks)
- Propane BBQ grill with separate propane tank
- Teak ratlines to spreaders port and starboard
- Four teak pin rails each with five stainless steel pins
- Maxwell 2200 windlass with up/down switches
- Teak boarding ladder (for boarding at gates)
- Stainless steel boarding ladder at transom
- 6-person DBC liferaft (needs recertification)
- 30 KG (66 lbs) Bruce anchor with 300 ft of 3/8" chain
- 75 lb plough anchor with 20 ft 5/16" chain and nylon rode
- 45lb stainless steel anchor at stern
- Double anchor rollers at bow
- Salt / fresh water anchor washdown system
- Cushions for aft deck
- Cockpit cushions
- 50 amp shore power cord and deck connector
- Deck storage lockers either side of companionway
The original black iron fuel tanks have been replaced with aluminum tanks. The water tanks are stainless steel and the holding tanks are plastic.
The Listing Brokerage Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel regardless of information provided. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. PLEASE NOTE: All electronics are listed for verification purposes but not warranted in the selling price of the boat.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, any warranties expressed or implied and/or any engine service as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
All the yacht brokerage agents at the listing company are Independent Contractors.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 54' 0"
- LOA: 54' 0"
- BEAM: 15' 1"
- DRAFT: 6' 6"
- Hours: 4100
- HP: 120
- Fuel: 290 gallons
- Water: 300 gallons
- Holding: 40 gallons
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Manufacturer: Ta Chiao
- Model: CT
Please call or email us with any questions.
800 Mariners Drive - Pier 6/7
Kemah, TX 77565
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!