90' Reichel/Pugh - McConaghy
RI, United States
Photo 1 of 6
(2012) course record holder of the Newport - Bermuda Race
Rambler, the current (2012) course record holder of the Newport - Bermuda Race and has set many other course records and is in prime condition. Rambler, formerly Alfa Romeo is ready to continue the most prolific winning Maxi record of the last decade. Launched in 2002, Rambler was built by McConaghy Boats, Sydney of prepreg carbon/core construction. On the East Coat and ready for viewing, we are available to take your call.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 90' 0"
- LOA: 27.43m' 0"
- Displacement: 20389kgs lbs
- LWL: 24.40m' 0"
- BEAM: 5.67m' 0"
- DRAFT: 4.81m' 0"
- Hull Construction: Composite
- Manufacturer: Reichel/Pugh - McConaghy
- Model: Water Ballasted Maxi Yacht
Designed by the US firm of Reichel/Pugh and built of carbon fibre composite by McConaghy Boats in Sydney, Australia, "Rambler" ex ‘Alfa Romeo’ carries a towering 44 metre carbon fibre mast built by Southern Spars in New Zealand with the latest concept in 3DL and mylar sails designed by the Sydney loft of North Sails.
- Each company has contributed to a racing yacht that can only be described as awesome in concept and a quantum leap in the already advanced technology of modern yacht design, engineering and construction.
- McConaghy Boats, who have now built 10 maxi yachts in carbon fibre describe the building of "Rambler" ex ‘Alfa Romeo’ as the biggest and most complex project they have ever undertaken.
- Rambler's Corse Record
- 2014 - 90’ Rambler – Around Block Island Race 1st to Finish and 1st overall corrected
- 2013 - 90’ Rambler – Block Island Race – Set course record
- 2012 - 90’ Rambler – Newport – Bermuda Race 1st to Finish – (set course record)
- 2013 – 90’ Rambler – Annapolis – Newport Race – 1st to Finish and First overall in IRC
- 2012 - 90’ Rambler - RORC Caribbean 600 Race - 1st to Finish and 2nd overall in Fleet on corrected time
- 2010 - 90’ Rambler - Les Voiles de St Barths - 1st corrected in CSA Superyacht Class
- 2009 - 90’ Rambler –Martha’s Vineyard Ocean Race – (set course record)
- 2010 – 90’ Rambler - Ida Lewis Distance Race - 1st to Finish & 1st overall on corrected time
- 2009 - 90’ Rambler – Annapolis – Newport Race – 1st to Finish & 1st overall on corrected time
- 2009 - 90’ Rambler –Cape to Bahia Brazil Race Record ( set course record)
- 2008 - 90’ Rambler – Maxi Rolex Championship 1st Place
- 2008 – 90’ Rambler - Block Island Race – 1st to Finish
- 2008 - 90’ Rambler – Rolex Buenos Aires to Rio De Janeiro – (set course record)
- 2007 - 90’ Rambler – Rolex Middle Sea Race 1st to Finish (set course record) and 1st Overall
- 2007 - 90’ Rambler – Rolex Fastnet Race 1st Super Zero Class
- 2007 - 90’ Rambler – HSS Nordbank Transatlantic Race – (set course record)
- 2004 - 90’ Alfa Romeo - Middle Sea Race – 1st to Finish
- 2004 - 90’ Alfa Romeo – Giraglia Rolex Race 1st to Finish
- 2003 - 90’ Alfa Romeo – Middle Sea Race 1st to Finish
- 2003 - 90’ Alfa Romeo – Barcolana Race Trieste – (set new course record)
- 2003 - 90’ Alfa Romeo - 1st to Finish – Giraglia Rolex Race (set new course record)
- 2003 - 90’ Alfa Romeo – Rolex Fastnet Race 1st to finish and 2nd overall in fleet on corrected time
- 2002 - 90’ Alfa Romeo – Rolex Sydney Hobart 1st to Finish
- Rambler's Principal Parameters
- LOA: 27.43m
- LWL: 24.40m
- Beam: 5.67m
- Draft: 4.81m
- Displacement: 20,389kgs
- IRC TCC (2014) 1.695
- ISP: 34.01
- E: 11.71m
- J: 10.45m
- STL: 14.02m
- Construction: Prepreg carbon with Nomex and Foam Core
- Builder: McConaghy Boats, Sydney (AUS)
- Designer: Reichel/Pugh Yacht Design Inc
- Launched: 2002
- Winch System: Harken
- Deck Gear: Harken & Spinlock
- Hydraulic Sail Controls: Navtec
- Spar System: Southern Spars, NZ.
- Standing Rigging: EC6 Continuous Carbon
- Water ballast: 6000kgs per side
- Sails: North Sails
Please call or email us with any questions.
2924 Emerson St. Suite 311
San Diego, CA 92106
Fax: 619 224 1698
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!