Buenos Aires, Argentina
Photo 1 of 20
This wonderful, one of a kind, 74' Ortholan Argentina Classic Motorsailer Ketch was designed and built utilizing "Lapacho" (Brazilian hardwood), by Astilleros Ortholan in 1939, and is in pristine condition. The knowledgeable owners commissioned a refit in 1981, and again in 2009, with the formerly blue hull completely reconditioned, including caulking, sanding, and re-painted in glistening white. Equipped for ocean passages, with a range of 1,800 nautical miles, "MARENER" was sailed from Buenos Aires to Brazil, on to Fort Lauderdale, Annapolis, Newport and Rhode Island, then into the Caribbean Islands in 1981 for 5 years of pleasure and maintenance. She is currently at home in Argentina, awaiting new owners with dreams of sailing her on the high seas!
This beautifully appointed classic vessel will make you feel like a celebrity. It lends itself to comfort with four cabins which will accommodate up to 8 guests. There are two heads, located in the bow section, each with their own shower, plus a head and shower in the aft portion of the vessel. The warmth of the mahogany throughout lends itself to the feeling of being on a luxury cruising vessel of days gone by. There is substantial storage throughout the cabins in various lockers and closets. The interior has formica overhead with varnished beams. Fastenings are steel and bronze.
- Four (4) cabins which accommodate up to 8 guests
- Two (2) heads with showers in the bow section
- Crew cabin with head and shower in the aft section
The galley which is aft of the salon, is well appointed and configured for convenience with many storage drawers and cabinets, as well as good counter top space for preparing meals.
- Galley includes stove and oven with LP lines and regulator
- Hot water tank in locker on aft deck
- Custom refrigerator and deep freezer with ice maker
Electronics & Navigational Gear
All equipment is reported to be in good condition, however updating would be desirable.
- Sat Naviation
- Auto pilot
Hull and Deck Equipment
The hull and deck are built with 1 3/8" Lapacho wood, with frames 2' x 5" doubled at 16" in centers with a curved stern and transom. The flooring is 3' timber wood with steel reinforcements. The deck is hand laid teak, and the boat rails are steel and varnished wood.
- Keel is iron and wood, skeg is bronze
- External ballast is the iron keel
- Superstructure is painted wood with teak trim
- Deck is stainless and galvanized iron
- Ground tackle: 120 lb self stowing anchor, with 1/2 inch chain
Mechanical and Engine Room
- Two GM diesel engines, 120hp each with stainless steel silencers
- Fresh water cooling system
- One generator
- One alternator
- Bilge pumps and two mechanical pumps
- Propellers are 26" bronze, with three (3) blades, with 2" stainless steel shafts
- Electric fuel pump
- Engine storage batteries, 2 banks, with 32v, with auxiliary battery, 4, 12v
- Two firefighting extinguishers
- Stainless steel running rigging
- Aluminum masts and booms
- Dacron sails and spinnaker with canvas covers
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Manufacturer: CUSTOM
- Model: Ortholan Argentina Classic Motor
- Length: 74' 0"
- Max Height: 79
- LOA: 74' 0"
- LWL: 0' 0"
- BEAM: 16' 0"
- DRAFT: 7.3333' 0"
- Engine(s): 4172C & 4071C
- Fuel: 800 Gal
- Water: 400 Gal
- Holding: 0 Gal
- Hull Construction: Wood
Please call or email us with any questions.
510 Brookside Drive
Clearwater, FL 33764
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Don't miss out on any Used Yachts for Sale or Used Boats for Sale... Email Your Offer!!
Just Email from the Listing Above
~ Make A Great Deal ~
Make an Offer!!