53' Mason Cutter CC
Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Photo 1 of 19
<img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00216981_144.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00216982_311.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00216983_155.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Navigation Station" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00216984_319.jpg?width=80&height=80"/>
Take Delivery Bay of Islands, Northern New Zealand
Enjoy sailing Oceania, New Zealand, Australia, Fiji & Tonga
Very Highly Maintained Yacht by knowledgeable Owner's
Built by Ta Shing Yacht Yard.
Ariel, is a 53 Mason designed center cockpit, cruising, cutter-rigged sloop. Ariel is a beautiful yacht that has always been meticulously maintained and updated. New varnish and daily care and maintenance by her live aboard owner's really make the difference, this Yacht "shines" in every respect, probably the best available on the market in her class !.
Ariel is an exceptionally fast cruiser yacht that is an eye catcher wherever she goes. Today, her owners are enjoying Ariel and sailing to various destinations in New Zealand.
Ariel has been imported to New Zealand and still remains a US flagged vessel. This has the benefit of the base to explore the South Pacific without Middle Eastern transit.
Always available on my cell 847 274 9717 Day or Evening too !
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 53' 0"
- LOA: 53' 6"
- Displacement: 43500 lbs
- LWL: 40' 0"
- Ballast: 14400 lbs
- Engine(s): Perkins 4-23
- Hours: 4800
- HP: 85
- Fuel: 310 gallons
- Water: 160 gallons
- Ballast: 14400 14400
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Manufacturer: Mason Cutter CC
- Model: Cutter CC
Ariel sleeps seven (7) in three (3) separate enclosed staterooms, plus one (1) forward passageway berth. An additional person could sleep on the settee in the salon.
The galley is to port with a large Magna Cold 120 volt AC refrigerator and separate freezer. Equipment includes a Force 10 three (3) burner and oven propane stove, microwave, large sink, many lockers and custom dish racks, trash locker and Corian counter tops through out.
- Refrigerator and freezer – 120 volt AC Magna Cold
- Range/oven - Force 10 -3 burner
- Microwave - Sharp
- Corian counter tops
Electronics / Navigation
Radar - Furuno .36 mile - model 841 (in cockpit) interfaced with GPS
VHF 1 – Apelco 5200 at nav station
VHF 2 - Standard Horizon in cockpit
Hailer - Fog Horn - Horizon LH5 in cockpit
SSB - Stevens Sea 223 at nav station
Ham radio - ICOM TC- 751 at nav station
Weatherfax - Rayfax 500 at nav station
Kenwood AM/FM/CD/MP3 Stereo
Kenwood KDC-C604 10 Disc CD Changer
Antenna coupler/tuner - Stevens
GPS - Trimble Navtrac at nav station
Autopilot - COMNAV 2001 in cockpit interfaced with GPS
Heart Link 2000R Battery Monitoring System
- Compass - electronic - Wagner Engineering
- Compass - electronic - B&G Super Halcyon 3
- Fish Finder - Furuno LS 6000 in cockpit interfaced with GPS
- Sailing Instruments - B&G 330 W/4 full function displays and four (4) analog displays
- EPIRB-ACR# 11097
- Rudder angle indicator - Wagner
- TV – 9" Orion
- Backstay antenna for SSB & Ham radios
- Outbacker vertical antenna for SSB & Ham radio
- High gain antenna for cellular phone
Generator - -Westerbeke 8KW WMD 7.7-614#15305
Generator hours - 5100 as of December, May 2011
House batteries – three (3) AGM Lifeline 8D
Main starting battery – AGM Lifeline 8D
Heart Freedom 25 Inverter / Charger
Balmar 100 amp engine alternator & regulator
Balmar 80 amp generator alternator & regulator
Shore power - 12O Volt AC
Bow thruster - Wesmar
The deck is fiberglass with molded in non-skid and is laid out to be safe to work from. There are davits aft with a ten (10) foot hard bottom Aquapro dingy with a 9.9 HP Evinrude outboard motor. The aft deck houses a radar tower with an outboard hoist. There are spreader lights and a light on the radar tower. There is a deck shower at the stern of the boat. A fresh or salt water deck washdown pump is installed in the engine room.
Cockpit: Ariel has a center cockpit with a pedestal mount steering and a dodger. There are custom cushions and backrests. Access to all winches is easy from either the cockpit or the island area around the cockpit. The engine and sailing instruments are complete and easy to read. The radar, fish finder, autopilot, VHF radio and electronic hailer/fog horn are very accessible and easy to read and use.
- Windlass – Maxwell NEW 2010
- Primary Anchor – Bruce one hundred ten (110) – 300 feet 3/8 chain plus 300 feet ¾" rode
- Secondary Anchor - CQR sixty (60)
- pounds - 100 feet 3/8" chain
- Stern Anchor - Danforth twenty five (25) pounds - 200 feet and 25 feet chain
- Stern windlass - Sampson Lawernce
- Radar and antenna tower with deck light and dinghy motor hoist
- Lewmar 55 ST two (2) speed – 2
- Lewmar 43 ST two (2) speed – 5
- Lewmar 40 ST two (2) speed – 4
- Lewinar 46 ST two (2) speed – 1
- Man Overboard Module - Survival Technology
- Strobe - ACR on horseshoe
- Cockpit dodger
- Cockpit cushions
- Stainless steel swim step and ladder
- Stainless steel stern ladder
- Deck shower
- Deck wash - fresh and salt water
- Dock lines
- Fenders – 2 large & 4 small
- Liferaft - Avon eight (8) man – Recertified 12/98
- Dingy - Aquapro RIB 1001 hard bottom - 1995
- Outboard motor – 9.9 HP Evinrude
- Davits - stainless steel
Sails and Rigging
New Sails in 2003
10 oz. Dacron FB Mainsail
10 oz. Dacron Yankee
10 oz. Dacron Staysail
- Additional Sails include:
- Main - full.battens - Sobstad - 1990
- Harken track and car system for main
- Genoa - 150% - Sobstad Radial - 1990
- Yankee - Sobstad - 1990
- Staysail - Sobstad - 1985
- Spinnaker - 1.5 oz Triradial - Sobstad
- Storm Jib - Sobstad
- Storm Trysail – Sobstad
- Sail Cover – 10/98
- Aluminum spar stepped on keel
- Harken roller furling
- Stainless wire standing rigging
- Navtec hydraulic vang
- Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster
- Spreader lights - 2
- Spinnaker pole and gear
- Reaching strut
Max Prop - 3 bladed folding
Michigan - 3 bladed fixed on board as a spare
Wesmar Bow thruster
Custom bedding for most bunks
Large selection of spare parts
IMS Performance Package and Polar charts
IMS and IOR measurements and certificates
Lee clothes for all bunks
Six (6) life vests
New Bottom Surface 2008 New Barrier Coat and Multi season Antifouling paint
Mast and Boom removed for inspection and completely rrepainted 2008
All Standing Rigging and Chainh Plates Highly Maintained
Please call or email us with any questions.
3003 Lake Shore Dr
Muskegon, MI 49441
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!