46' Cal Jensen
Photo 1 of 31
This is a big, strong, seakindly passagemaker designed with comfort in mind. Since acquiring her eight years ago, SOUTHERN STAR's owners have invested more than $50,000 in improvements, including the addition of air conditioning, a fiberglass bimini hardtop with complete cockpit enclosure, new self-tailing primary winches, complete re-wiring of both the 110-volt and 12-volt electrical service, and an upgrade of her 30-amp shorepower to 50-amp. She'll convey with a dinghy and outboard and plenty of cruising equipment.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 46' 0"
- LOA: 45' 6"
- Displacement: 30000 lbs
- LWL: 37' 6"
- BEAM: 12' 6"
- DRAFT: 5' 0"
- Engine(s): Perkins 4-236M
- Hours: 3510
- HP: 85
- Fuel: 270 gallons
- Water: 185 gallons
- Holding: 60 gallons
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Manufacturer: Cal Jensen
- Model: 2-46
- Designer: Bill Lapworth
Two large cabins, one forward and the other aft, are separated from each other by the spacious salon, galley, and navigation station, affording complete privacy to their occupants. The forward compartment consists of a V-berth, with filler cushion, and ample storage, followed by the forward head. Immediately aft, and to port, is the full-size chart table and navigation station, with chart drawers built-in immediately below. Opposite, and to starboard, is the L-shaped galley, which maximizes useable counter-space and runs aft past the U-shaped dinette to port. A passageway with built-in storage leads aft from the salon on the starboard side past the engine room, and opens to the master stateroom. To starboard is a divan-style settee, which can double as a sea berth. Opposite, to port, is a pullman-style double, beneath which are multiple drawers for additional storage. A private head compartment is to port.
- Magic Chef 3-Burner Stove, Oven & Broiler
- 1 Horizontal 20-lbs. Propane Tank
- Grunert 110-volt & Engine-Driven Cold-Plate Refrigeration
- Double Stainless Steel Sinks
- Samsung Microwave
- Hot & Cold Fresh water System
- Atlantic Marine 10-gallon Water Heater
Electronics / Navigation
- ICOM M802 SSB with Automatic Tuner & Pactor 2 for E-mail (new 2003)
- Update for Pactor 3 for E-mail (new 2004)
- Standard Horizon Intrepid VHF Radio (new 2001)
- Furno GPS Navigator
- Furuno 1731 Radar
- Magellan Nav Add 5000 GPS
- Raytheon L265 Fishfinder
- Am/FM/CD with iPod & Satellite Radio Capabilities (new 2006)
- Signet Knot Log
- Datamarine Apparent Wind
- Horizon Depth
- Simrad Autopilot
- ACR RapidFix 406 (connected to GPS)
- ACR 406
- Mermaid Air Conditioning (3 units, covering aft cabin, salon, and forward cabin, new 2001)
- Siemens 75-watt Solar Panel (mounted on cockpit hardtop)
- Fore & Aft Electric Windlasses
- Lewco 20-amp Battery Charger
- Heart 2800 Inverter
- 110-volt & 12-volt Re-Wired
- Upgrade from 30 Amp to 50 Amp Shorepower Service
- 10 Deka 8A31DT Batteries
- Perko Vapor Tight Battery Selector Switch
Sails and Rigging
- Main Sail (serviceable)
- Mizzen Sail (serviceable)
- Roller Furling Genoa (serviceable)
- Roller Furling Staysail (serviceable)
- Mizzen Staysail (serviceable)
- Harken Roller Furling (new 2002)
- Anderson #58 Self-Tailing Two-Speed Primaries (new 2001)
- Running Mizzen Backstay (new 2002)
- Boom Vang
- Stalock Fittings
- New Metal Spreaders (new 2003)
- Winslow 6-Passenger Offshore Life Raft -- Deck-Mounted Cannister
- MOB Pole
- Captain's Chairs Mounted on Aft Deck
- New Cushion Covers and new Foam for Salon Seats (2002)
- Portable Gasoline Generator
- Boarding Ladder
- 2 Fishing Rod Holders
- Fire Extinguishers
- Flare Kit
- Smoke Detector
- Swim Ladder
- 60-lbs. CQR Anchor w/chain rode
- 35H Danforth Anchor w/chain/nylon rode
- Aluminum Spade Anchor
- Fiberglass Hardtop Bimini (welded to deck, new 2001)
- Total Enclosure w/Canvas and Glass (2002)
- New Strataglas in Bimini Enclosure (2007)
- 4-Stroke Honda 9.9HP Outboard Engine
- Hudson Bay Dinghy (new 2001)
- Throwable Cushions
- Docklines & Fenders
Please call or email us with any questions.
3027 U.S. Highway 17
Orange Park, FL 32003
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Don't miss out on any Used Yachts for Sale or Used Boats for Sale... Email Your Offer!!
Just Email from the Listing Above
~ Make A Great Deal ~
Make an Offer!!