Photo 1 of 9
Sanctuary, Hull #119, was built by Uniflite in 1975 and is a pre-blister Valiant. She is an early example of the respected Valiant cruising yacht which has a recognised sailing performance proven by many trans-oceanic passages. This very well equipped Valiant 40 has completed a ten year circumnavigation with previous owners. Both water tanks have been replaced.
Judy Nasmith (206) 963-3560
Contact S A S Yachts.
7001 Seaview Avenue NW
Seattle, WA 98117 USA
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 40' 0"
- LOA: 40' 0"
- Displacement: 22500 lbs
- LWL: 34' 0"
- Ballast: 7700 lbs
- BEAM: 12' 4"
- DRAFT: 6' 0"
- Engine(s): Westerbeke 4-107
- HP: 36
- Fuel: 90.26 gallons
- Water: 150 gallons
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Manufacturer: Valiant
- Model: 40 Cutter
- Designer: Robert Perry
Sanctury has the "traditional" Valiant 40 interior with a side entry, forward V-berth with filler. True to Valiant tradition there is an abundance of storage throughout the boat. The head/shower is on the port side aft of the forward cabin. The main salon features port and starboard settees that are covered with leather. The 9 port lights have been replaced with new larger size Hood stainless steel portlights (13.5" X 6.5") with insect screens. There are custom made screens for all three overhead hatches and the companionway. The sole is teak and holly. There is a custom made salon table, antique brass ships clock and antique ships brass head light. The owners stateroom is aft to port.
* (2) Alpenglow low consumption lights w/ night vision red switches.
* Plastimo navigation station compass.
* Electrasan head system.
The galley is the traditional U-shaped design, great for offshore sailing with lots of storage.
* Force 10 Propane stove w/oven (new).
* Propane Solenoid safety switch.
* Hot and cold pressurized water system w/ spare pump.
* 6 Gal Raritan water heater.
* Inline water filter.
* Propane locker (new).
* Salt water galley foot pumps/switches to fresh.
* Alder-Barbour 12 volt refrigeration w/ freezer (8"X12"X18").
* Suresite water tank gauges.
* (2) 5-gal propane tanks.
Electronics / Navigation
* Alpha 4404 Autopilot w/ cockpit and cabin control + spares.
* Furuno 1800 24 mile radar.
* Furuno Navigator GP-31 GPS.
* Garmin 50 hand held GPS.
* Nobeltec computerized navigation and assorted charts (laptop excluded).
* ICOM IC735 SSB/Ham HF radio.
* Icom A2H antenna tuner.
* Kantronics Kam+ Smart modem, w/airmail software for Ham email.
* JVC VCD (Video and audio) 3-deck CD player.
* (2) Alta V0z 180W carbon fiber stereo speakers.
* Standard Depth sounder w/ alarm.
* Lowrance Sonar #X65 depth/fish finder at Nav station.
* Motorola Triton 2C VHF w/ voice scrambler at nav station.
* Standard Horizon VHF in cockpit.
* New VHF antenna (2008)
* Standard Horizon Handheld VHF w/ waterproof bag, fast charger, spare battery.
* Aiwa AM/FM Radio/Cassette player.
* Aiwa 14" color TV monitor.
* Omni directional Int'l 12Vpower TV and Radio FM antenna.
* 50' Power Cable, 30 amp 120 volt.
* 100' Telephone cable.
* 30+40' Cable television coaxial cable.
* Inverter Heart Interface F-20 2000 watt.
* 100 amp battery charger.
* Transformer: 30amp 220V AC to 120 V AC.
* Battery monitor: Digital amp hour, alternator amps and battery voltage monitor.
* Spare battery monitor and alt amps & volts.
* 4 Werker Pro House batteries (2008)
* Starting battery (new)
* Numerous electric spares.
Mechanical Equipment & Engine Details:
Engine Spares: Numerous spares and maintenance items including: Raw water pump, fresh water pump, heat exchanger/cooler, oil cooler and high-pressure lines, transmission cooler. Mechanical overhaul 2008 includes - replace low oil alarm switch, align prop shaft, new V-drive, service main engine, new water pump on genset, new impeller on main engine, new cold start injector pipe on main engine, prop trued and balanced. Diesel tanks cleaned August 2008. Engine operates flawlessly.
- * Paragon transmission, Walter V-drive gearbox (new 2008).
- * Cutlass Bearing (new 2008).
- * PSS dripless shaft seal.
- * 120 Amp "Ample Power" alternator.
- * 3 Step regulator.
- * Spare 55 amp Delco alternator.
- * Spare generator alternator.
- * Espar foreced air heat.
- * SS watertanks new 2001.
- * 2 Raycor fuel filters.
- * (1) Fram Fuel filter/water separator.
- * Engine alarm system - low oil pressure, high temp.
- * Yanmar diesel L48AE, DC generator w/ 120 amp DC powerline alternator.
- * Voltage regulator: Incharge by Heart.
Hull and deck white fiberglass - molded in and painted non-skid. Spare backstay w/ spare Norseman adjustable fitting, spare halyards-wire and rope, complete manuals and schematics for all systems, complete maintenance records. All port lights replaced with Hood stainless steel larger size portlights. New propane locker (gas-proof, vented overboard with tank switch). Bottom paint new in August 2008.
- * 45# CQR w/ 30' 3/8 BBB chain.
- * 45# CQR spare w/ 100' 3/8" BBB chain & 200' 3 strand nylon rode.
- * 20# Danforth style w/ 15' 5'16" chain and 5'8" 3 strand nylon rode.
- * Liferaft: Toyo "Seavivor" 4 person.
- * Bilge pumps: (2) 12V Primary & secondary w/ dual auto-switches.
- * Whale Gusher hand bilge pump/cockpit.
- * Emergency tiller.
- * 2-survival suits.
- * Emergency supplies in waterproof "Ready bag".
- * Water maker "Seavivor" hand pump in "Ready bag".
- * 2 life vests.
- * 2 inflatable lifevests/harness/w-tether and personal strobes.
- * Flood light - 500,000 Candle power re-chargeable cordless.
- * 300,000 Candle power 12-volt floodlight.
- * Halogen flood lights on spreaders.
- * Custom dodger with side hand holds.
- * Preventer system.
- * Bosuns chair w/ 4 part pulley system.
- * 6 Fenders.
- * Davis mark IV Marine sextant w/case.
- * Mast boot (2008)
- * Radar Arch: custom SS for radar and other antennas.
- * Insulated Backstay.
- * Custom Swim ladder.
- * Muir Electric windlass w/ 3 operational switches (bow,cockpit,chainlocker)
- * Bruce dinghy anchor and rode.
- * Spare rode: 30' chain, 300' rode.
- * Additional lines, sheets and rode.
- * Lifesling on stern pulpit.
- * Epirb: ACR/RLB #20 Class B.
- * Haylon automatic fire extinguisher in engine room w/ alarm switch.
- * (4) Fire extinguishers (type ABC)
- * Flare canister w/ 12 guage flare gun and parachute flares.
- * Safety lights: Emergency strobe light in tri-color on masthead.
- * Sea Anchor: 18' diameter parachute w/ 400' dedicated 3/4" 3 strand nylon line w/ one snatch block and 2 turning blocks.
- * Dinghy-narwhal hard bottom inflatable w/ oars - poor condition
- * 8hp Nissan outboard w/ 6-gal gas cont.
- * Edson wheel steering.
- * Davis "Echo-Master" radar reflector.
- * 2-6 gal diesel fuel cans.
- * Ritchie Compass.
- * Force 10 propane Bar-B-Q.
- * Deck & anchor washdown pump w/ deck fitting and 1 hose.
Sails and Rigging
- * Main w/ 3 reef points.
- * Yankee headsail on roller furling.
- * 150% genoa w/ bag - good condition.
- * Staysail - hank on - good condition.
- * Storm staysail - good condition.
- * Cruising spinnaker w/sock, good cond w/2 sets of sheets.
- * Barient #10 outhaul & reefing on boom.
- * (2) Barient #22 - Spinnaker sheet.
- * (3) Winch handles.
- * Harken mainsheet traveler.
- * Quickvang.
- * Preventer: 4 to 1 ratio.
- * New spreader tips and boots (2008)
- * Profurl roller furling.
- * (2) Enkes #28 winches-jib sheet.
- * (2) Enkes #22 winches-Staysail.
- * Barient #21 - quickvang.
- * Barient #22 - jib halyard.
- * Barient #10 - staysail halyard.
- * Barient #21 - main halyard.
- * Harkent Main sheet block and tackle.
- * Shaeffer Stay-sail quick release.
- * Windex (New 2008)
Check out other listings from SAS Yachts
38' Hans Christian
Please call or email us with any questions.
7001 Seaview Avenue NW, Suite 150
Seattle, WA 98117
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!