Photo 1 of 6
This boat was built especially for West Coast J Boat legend, Don Trask. He had this boat specifically built to compete in, and win, the 1993 J35 North American's which were held on San Francisco Bay that year. This boat was first in a fleet of the 20 of the top J 35 programs in the country.
Pegasus, (formerly "Raptor") is a special boat and is 1 of 4 J35s built with the racing cockpit without the bench seats. She had her keel dropped down at the factory to make her maximum depth per class rules. The boat has had extensive keel, bottom and rudder fairing done to make it the fastest J 35 on the water!
The current owner has set her up to race single-handed, made some nice upgrades and has maintained the boat beautifully.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 35' 0"
- LOA: 35' 0"
- Displacement: 10500 lbs
- LWL: 30' 0"
- Ballast: 4400 lbs
- BEAM: 11' 8"
- DRAFT: 6' 9"
- Engine(s): YANMAR 3GM30F
- HP: 30
- Fuel: 20 gallons
- Water: 35 gallons
- Holding: Flex gallons
- Hull Construction: Composite
- Manufacturer: J Boats J/35
- Model: Rod Johnstone
Construction: Hull and Deck
White hull with no stripes; white deck with 1/2 White and 1/2 Smoke white non-skid; J/24 type plastic toe rail on deck in lieu of standard toe rail. Cored fiberglass, keel shimmed to maximum depth of 1575 mm. Rudder molded with extra gelcoat.
Below decks, in the main cabin there are comfortable settee's/berths port and starboard and the cushions are covered in "Jockey" Red Sunbrella piped in white. The galley is to port with nav station & icebox to starboard under chart table. The main cabin is finished with a teak and holly sole, composite panels with white formica facing, and vinyl hull and deck lining. There are two quarter berths aft and forward is an enclosed head with molded sink, manual foot pump for sink faucet/extension shower.
* Large Ice Box
* 2 burner alcohol stove top
* Sea Chef gimbaled stove (removable)
* Deep Stainless Steel Sink with whale foot pump and spigot
* Large dry goods storage area with interal shelf
Electronics / Navigation
B & G H1000 system with 3DL mast and cockpit displays: Depth, Speed and Analog Wind
* Garmin 182C GPS Chartplotter(interfaced with nav. instruments)
* KVH digital compass
* Icom fixed VHF Radio
* Icom handheld VHF Radio
* Simrad tillerpilot
* Sony AM/FM/CD with 4 Speakers
Electrical and Plumbing
* House Bank: 2-24 series gel cell batteries
* Starting Bank: 1-27 series gel cell battery
* Xantrex Link 20 battery monitor
* Guest master battery switch
* Bass panel with battery meter and circuit breakers
* 110 Volt Shore Power with 50' cord
* Battery Charger
* 12 Volt outlet-cigarette lighter style at nav station
* Raritan Marine Head with 12 gal. flex holding tank and Y-valve for overboard discharge
* 35 gal water tank
* Harken, split drum roller furler & twin head foil.
* Winch Handles
* Spinlock Tiller extension
* Aluminum spin pole
* SS back stay handle and emergency handle.
* Harken Winches, 2 #48 self-tailing primaries; #32, halyard self tailing.
* Hall Spars aluminum spinnaker pole
* Genoa track close to winch islands and cabin sides.
Sails and Rigging
Propulsion and Steering
* Yanmar 3GM30F 30 hp, 3 cylinder diesel engine with 50 amp alternator, fresh water cooling, water and dirt filters.
* Tiller steering
* Cockpit engine instrument panel with tachometer, and alarm for oil pressure and temperature.
* 20 gallon aluminum fuel tank with inspection port and gauge under starboard settee. (Tank polished in '06)
* Balanced Spade Rudder
* Martec 2 bladed folding prop
* Quantum 150% Twaron laminate Heavy #1 (good condition)
* Quantum 100% Dacron vertical batten #3 (New 2007)
* 75% Kevlar/Dacron #4 (light use)
* Quantum Dacron Mainsail, 2 full battens and 2 standard battens (Rigged for Tides Marine Sail Track New 2007)
* Quantum .75 oz. Spinnaker (Good condition)
Spars and Rigging
* Hall Spars aluminum mast & boom
* Tides Marine sail track
* Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster
* New T-900 genoa, wing and main halyard
* New jib sheet with J-locks
* Complete set of spinnaker guys, sheets and fore guy.
* Complete set of extra high-tech cruising halyards
* Spare set of jib sheets with J-locks
Please call or email us with any questions.
1070 Marina Village Pkwy. Suite 108
Alameda, California 94501
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!