Photo 1 of 3
INTRODUCING GEORGE BUEHLER'S NEW DIESEL DUCK 382
A slightly smaller version of George's popular Diesel Duck 462. Seaworthy, livable and AFFORDABLE.
Thank you for your interest in George's new Diesel Duck 382 (41'LOA). This design is a cooperative effort between George and Seahorse Marine to create a lower cost yet very seaworthy and livable ocean passagemaker.
Attached are the plans and profiles for the Diesel Duck 382. The aft cabin can have a centered walk-around bed or a side bed with a nice desk/office/den arrangement. The pilothouse has a settee with table to port and a helm bench and large chart table to stbd. While there is no stbd side door we can install a large safety hatch next to the helm. The forward stateroom has double bunks with storage ("V" berth option available).
The sailing rig is balanced for better sailing and to provide better long range economy and stabilization. All sails are easily furled.
The price and options list is attached below for your review. Items marked "N/C" are included with our base boat.
The base price including delivery to the U.S. east or west coast, custom's duty paid, commissioning and full warranty is $499.000. Any sales tax or VAT will be the buyer's responsibility.
The wholesale factory cruse a-way price, with limited warranty, is U.S.$399,000. There is absolutely no tax here on these boats. When, perhaps at the end of your cruise, you permanently import a vessel into a country than there may be custom's duties and possibly sales tax or VAT due.
The 382 includes a lot of standard features that are optional on other yachts, see below. The DD-382 is available as a fully rigged motorsailer if desired. Attached is a list of standard equipment options available.
SELECTED OPTIONS LIST Diesel Duck 382, Prices in U.S. dollars.
N/C Iveco NEF 100, 84HP four cylinder, continuous duty, Tier II, no turbo, no electronics;
$5,000 John Deere 4045, 80 HP, no turbo. Some engine electronics;
$9800 Northern Lights 5KW @ 60hz genset with sound shield and remote panel;
$6500 Volt Electric Bow thruster;
$8500 Webasto diesel heating system, four outlets;
N/C Fully faired hull and topsides;
N/C Sprayed expanding foam insulation; $10500 Flybridge with full engine controls, thruster control, helm seat and stainless bimini frame with Sunbrella type cover;
$3500 Each unit 18,000 BTU marine air conditioning with heat option;
$2900 24 volt Victron 3000 watt inverter/charger with control panel;
N/C 24 volts glass mat house battery bank;
N/C High output 24 volt alternator on engine;
N/C 9000 Watt Toroidal isolation transformer, accepts 120 or 240 dock power;
$1600 Two 55 watt solar panels with regulator. 75 watt panels available;
$5500 24 volt watermaker, 200 GPD;
N/C 24 volt anchor windlass;
N/C two anchors, plow, Bruce or danforth type, your choice;
N/C 250' 3/8" chain anchor rode;
N/C 300' 18mm nylon anchor rode with short section of chain;
$1450 Stainless dinghy davits;
$380 Watermaker, shore power or 12 volt, Wire and plumbing only;
N/C Boomless balanced rig placed over helm bulkhead, balanced for better "sail only" operation (not available with the flybridge option);
$9500 Complete flopper stopper system, stainless and aluminum construction;
$3,500 Stainless dress package including 316 handrails, boarding ladders port and stbd, dorades, etc;
$6500 for all decks in thick teak planking;
N/C Teak and "holly" veneer plywood floors in the interior;
$450 Cabinet plus plumbing and wiring for owner purchased combination Washer-dryer; (NOTE: We no longer offer washer dryers because of very high failure rates);
$950 Sony automotive stereo with 10 disc changer, or Kenwood with front panel USB port, and 4 high quality speakers;
$3500 Built-in freezer box, 5" insulation, with compressor;
N/C LPG stainless stove, solenoid shutoff with twin sensor leak monitor;
N/C 24 volt marine refridgerator:
$480 TV and Stereo antenna installations with dock cable inlet;
$3800 Iridium 9505 satellite telephone with external marine antenna and date link for email;
N/C Deck wash with hose bib aft and fwd bow for anchor wash;
$450 Hi pressure salt water anchor wash system;
N/C Remote control spot light for security;
$350 Ships safe;
980 Dash LCD TV with cameras aft and in engine room;
N/C Cushions, mattresses and curtains, local material, your color choice;
N/C Corian type counters, your color choice;
Inquire, Interior layout changes and special woods or colors;
Inquire, Entertainment systems;
Inquire, Covers and canvas work;
Inquire, soft or hard dinghy;
$1380 Wind speed and direction meter with mast head sensors;
FREE ELECTRONICS PACKAGE with progress payments:br> Raytheon C70 6.5" radar, Plotter, GPS and depth sounder:
VHF with hailer and mast head VHF antenna:
$3200 ComNav ComPilot Commander (mono display) autopilot :
$4600 Icom 802 SSB with AT140 antenna tuner and Shakespeare antenna.
$4500 A second ComNav ComPilot Commander (mono display) attached to a second steering cylinder for redundant power steering.
$2500 Optional ComNav Vector GPS satellite compass.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 41' 0"
- LOA: 41' 0"
- Displacement: 58600 lbs
- LWL: 40' 3"
- BEAM: 13' 9"
- DRAFT: 4' 10"
- Engine(s): IVECO NEF 100
- HP: 85
- Fuel: 1200 gallons
- Water: 180 gallons
- Hull Construction: Steel
- Manufacturer: Seahorse
- Model: Diesel Duck
LOA41' Displacement 58,600 lb;
LWL40'3" DL 332 CP .649;
Beam 13'6" Fuel 1200 Gallons; Water 180 Gallons;
Draft 4'9"" Max Speed 8.5 Kts; Cruising Speed 7 Kts;
The DIESEL DUCK 382 shall be specified by construction drawings provided by George Buehler and shall consist of no less than general arrangements and construction details, including the framing and gauge schedule. SEAHORSE MARINE MANUFACTURER, ZHUHAI will build the vessel to the above designer's specifications, plus selected factory modifications which have been approved by Mr. Buehler.
CONSTRUCTION: High quality ship steel shot peened or sand blasted inside and out, three coats of epoxy primer interior and exterior, four coats on the bottom, plus bottom paint and color top coat. Color scheme to owner's choice. Construction to China ship Classification Society (CCS) practice. CCS certified weld X-ray of all boats. CCS incline test. All doors, hatches, ports and windows to be aluminum heavy duty commercial ship quality. Windscreens to be 10MM toughened glass plate. All plywood to be WBP grade or higher. Complete vessel to be insulated with sprayed expanding foam.
ENGINE: Standard engine IVECO NEF 100, 84HP, 4 cylinder continuous duty tIER II marine diesel with marine transmission.
Complete engine instrumentation including high temperature, low oil pressure alarms.
Other engines available if desired.
Stainless shafts to be 630 stainless or higher.
Prop aperture and engine mounting designed to minimize vibration and noise.
PSS Dripless shaft seal.
Sea water strainers and ball valve sea-cocks on all inlets.
Primary and secondary fuel filter.
Drip pan under engine.
Wet exhaust system with custom designed water lift muffler.
Two quiet, large capacity engine room blowers with noise isolated vents.
Steel fuel tanks, 1200 gallons plus, well baffled and braced.
Stainless steel ball valves at each end of fuel lines.
Fuel tankage built to Buehler's designed specs and well vented with single large deck fill.
Hull insulation, sprayed expanding foam.
Sound insulation, two foam layers with lead center, surrounding engine room.
- WATER SYSTEMS: Water tanks P&S design installed with ball-cock shut off valves and vents designed to prevent salt water contamination.<br />
- Fresh water system uses neoprene coated metallic tubing, not plastic.<br />
- Stainless ball type sea-cocks on all thruhulls below the waterline.<br />
- Double all stainless clamps on all hoses below the waterline.<br />
- Hot water heater with electric and engine heat exchanger for domestic water supply.<br />
- High quality bath and galley fixtures. Electric toilets plumbed to holding tank.<br />
- <br />
- BILGE PUMPS: Triple 3000 GPH electric pumps plus large Edson manual bilge pump plumed to each water tight compartment, installed to Buehler's design.<br />
- <br />
- HEADS: Head includes trouble free non-jamming electric toilet, separate shower, basin and storage.<br />
- Head has power ventilation on timer switch.<br />
- Towel rails is to handrail strength.<br />
- Mirror fitted.<br />
- Toilet flooring to be tile.<br />
- <br />
- HULL LIGHTING AND VENTILATION: Built to Buehler's design and all to be aluminum frame opening hull ports with storm covers and windows, commercial ship quality.<br />
- Deck hatch(s) aluminum commercial ship quality, stainless handles.<br />
- Commercial aluminum seadoors on interior bulkheads (5 watertight compartments total).<br />
- <br />
- DECK: Steel pulpits, hand rails and boarding gate(s) built to Buehler's specs.<br />
- Stainless dress package available.<br />
- Stainless steel heavy bollards and chocks for lines, not painted steel.<br />
- Heavy dual anchor rollers at bow, 70 pound plow and 40 pound Danforth type provided.<br />
- 24 Volt Electric windlass.<br />
- 300' chain rode standard.<br />
- <br />
- INTERIOR DECORATION:<br />
- Interior to be of teak veneer with solid teak trim, doors and drawer fronts.<br />
- Interior teak and holly flooring optional.<br />
- Hanging lockers and cabinets with louvered doors.<br />
- Mattress to be 5" thick, 4" for seats.<br />
- Drawers/storage under bed.<br />
- Reading lights and/or night lights aboard wherever applicable.<br />
- Overhead lights LED type white or red lighting.<br />
- Hand rails fitted in proper locations.<br />
- <br />
- STEERING STATION: Raised helm seating with chart table.<br />
- Ventilation hatch over helm position.<br />
- Raised pilothouse dinette with well supported table.<br />
- Radar, antenna and steadying sail mast on top of pilothouse, Buehler's design.<br />
- Engine and gear controls in pilothouse.<br />
- Marine circuit breakers for all boat operations and for planned electronics installation, back lighted panel.<br />
- Teak and stainless wheel at helm, heavy duty hydraulic steering.<br />
- Pantograph windshield wipers on pilothouse window with fresh water wash.<br />
- Tinted side windows available on side windows on request.<br />
- Windshields are heavy safety glass.<br />
- <br />
Electronics / Navigation
ELECTRICAL: Optional genset.
Separate heavy duty engine and 220AH 24 volt AGM house batteries connected by vapor proof master switches.
Back lighted custom made circuit breaker panel using high quality breakers.
Shore power master breaker is GFI (RCI) type for safety.
AC receptacles through out.
Indirect lighting and red safety lighting at steps.
Visual and audio warnings for all system mal-function including high water, engine water flow, ER overheat, any pump running, E R lights left on, etc.
12 volt lighting; quality lighting fixtures.
All Seahorse Marine installed wiring is multi-strand tinned copper boat cable. Wires have color or marker codes for easy tracing.
Wire runs in conduit and all runs, except the bilge pump, are located as far above the waterline as possible.
All wire runs including those along the shear are easily accessible.
AC Toroidal Isolation transformer, 120/240 volt input.
Lightning protection system.
AC shore connector fitted starboard side. DC socket installed in pilothouse.
Multiple zincs on hull, standard size bolted, not welded.
International navigation lights and anchor light installed.
Red interior night safety lighting and remote control spot light installed. Pilothouse overhead lights have red
night vision lighting as well as standard white bulbs.
Optional electronic and entertainment equipment can be planned in advance with owner so
necessary wiring, grounds and cabinets can be built in.
Signal horn and windscreen wipers.
Please call or email us with any questions.
1310 Lee Street
Fort Meyers, FL 33901
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!