50' TA SHING YACHTS
"THE BEAR NECESSITIES"
Photo 1 of 1
"THE BEAR NECESSITIES" is ANYTHING but bare! This custom-designed world cruiser is the flagship of the Taswell fleet. She was built to the highest standards of luxury and perfection. There is NOTHING this boat lacks. She is a true go-anywhere boat--sail the world in comfort, safety, and style. Her owner worked with the Ta Shing factory to spec out every single detail of her, with extra emphasis on safety and structural integrity.
The experienced and demanding owner, along with the artisans at the TaShing yard, had a distinctive aim: to have a custom Taswell 50’ yacht built, featuring beauty, grace and excellence in construction, combined with the best of sailing characteristics.
She is now offered on the brokerage market for you. As you come in to anchor this magnificent vessel, all eyes will be on you!
- Light Gray Corian Countertops W/Fiddles Completely Surrounding Galley & 4-Cut Out Handholds In Fiddles @ Fwd. End Of Galley
- Large Lighted Curved Cabinet W/3-Areas For Galley Stores/Provisions =’s 8½‘Feet x 7½ Feet Of Provision Storage
- Thin Lites W/Custom Teak “EYE-SHIELD”, Glare Protector Valances
- Over The Counter Custom Cabinetry
- Large Dry Storage Locker
- Silverware Drawer
- Multiple Large Pullout Storage Drawers
- Louvered Storage Cabinets
- All Drawers & Lockers In Galley, Lined W/White Formica
- 3-Burner Gimballed S.S. Force 10 Gimbaled Stove W/Oven & Broiler
- Custom Built-In “Vent-a-hood” W/Engine Room Type Blower
- Xantrax Fireboy Propane Sensing System
- Hot & Cold Pressure Water in Galley, Heads & Stern Outside Shower
- Fresh Water & Salt Water Foot Pump In Galley
- 2-Large, Extra Deep Polished Stainless Steel Sinks
- Single Lever Hot & Cold Pressure Water Faucet
- 2-In Sink, Foot Pumped, Water Faucets. 1-Salt Water, 1-Dual Purpose Per Galley Description
- Corian Sink Covers, Which Store In A Custom Trapezoidal Cabinet Over Sinks
- Teak Soap Holder
- Locker Under Sink Unit
- Totally Custom Designed & Custom Installed, Dual Sea Frost Fridge/Freezer Systems, 1-Engine Driven, 1-110V
- Top Loading Access To Both Refrigerator & Freezer
- 2-“Traditional” Heavy Duty Front Opening Fridge/Freezer Doors To Both Doors W/Double Seals
- 3-Lg. Capacity Plates, 2-For freezer, 1-For Refrigerator, Both Mounted In Ceiling Of Fridge/Freezer, 1-Side Mounted Plate In Freezer
- Lighted Fridge/Freezer compartments
- Temperature Gauges & Controls For each of The Refrigeration Systems
- Ground-Breaking Designed 3-Tiered Double Unit, Swing Out Spice Rack
- Icemaker (25#’s Ice Per Day (New 2016)
- Custom Built In Knife Holder
- Teak Paper Towel Holder
- Teak Dish Towel Bar
- Built In Panasonic Microwave
- 3-S.S. Opening Ports
- Cantalupi LED Overhead Lights Front & Aft
- 11 Gal. S.S. Hot Water Tank (New-2016)
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION:
- 1-Electric Raymarine Type 100/300 Autopilot
- 1-Hydraulic Raymarine S3G Smart Pilot Course
- Computer Autopilot (2008)
- Custom Built Switch Pilot For Switching Between The Hydraulic and Electric Autopilot
- Raymarine 48 Mile Radar
- Raymarine Smart Pilot ST8002 Autopilot Controller In Cockpit
- Autohelm, Autopilot Controller @ Navigation Center
- 2-Raymarine Flux Gate Compasses
- 1-5” Ritchie Globemaster Compass @ Cockpit with S.S. sliding cover
- Raymarine SR100 Sirius Weather System
- Raystar 125 Raymarine GPS
- Smart Radio SR161/SR162 AIS Receiver
- Interphase SE200 - 2-Pod, 180 Degree Forward Bearing Sonar
- Custom Built 12V Computer (2008)
- Raymarine RNSV6.0 Navigation Software For The Computer
- Wireless Computer Keyboard
- Wireless Mouse
- Wired Keyboard As Spare
- Wired Mouse As Spare
- External Speakers
- VISIONEER Strobe XP100 Scanner
- HP 460 Color Printer
- Navionics Charts For Caribbean & U.S., East Coast
- E120 Chart Plotting Display-Main Nav System On Boat (2011)
- Traditional Paper Charts For Caribbean & U.S. East Coast
- 1-Magellan XL1200 Handheld GPS
- 1-Garmin 48 Handheld GPS
- 1-GPS MAP 76CX Handheld GPS (New In Box)
- 1-Garmin GA29 GPS Antenna Pole/Flush Mount (New In Box)
- 1-Raymarine Raystar 125 GPS (2008)
- Raymarine ST80 System with spare displays
- Cell Phone Tower Amplifier For 30 Mile Coverage
- Icom 802 Ham Radio/SSB W/ICOM SP-24 External Speaker
- Cooper Mesh Counterpoise Embedded Throughout The Hull For SSB
- Standard Horizon VHF Gx3000S W/2-Mics, 1-Helm Mounted
- ICOM, IC-M802 Handheld VHF @ Nav Station
- W/Wall Mounted Charger & Spare Battery (2008)
- ICOM, IC-M72 Handheld VHF @ Nav Station
- 2-Loud Hailers, Mast Mounted, Operated From Mic @ Helm
- Raymarine ST60 Wind Speed/Wind Vane System
- Kiss Wind Generator (2008) with spare bearings stored in boxes
- Custom Stereo With:
- Sony Amplifier
- Technics RS-TR474 Stereo Cassette Deck
- Panasonic DVD-C220D Video/CD/DVD Player
- Plus Corp. U2-1130 DLP1700 Ansi-Lumen Projector Fed By Focus Corporation Quad10 Pro Line Quadroupler, Projected To 76” Drop Down Screen
- Big Screen, KVH Trackvision G4 Satellite Receiver Bose Acoustimass-10 Home Theatre Speaker System & An Additional Powered Subwoofer.
- 19” Samsung LCD TV that swings up out of the way and revels a LARGE louvered Storage locker.
- Iridium Satellite Phone W/Handset Or External Hands-Free Mic & Speaker
- New Pair Gyro Stabilized Waterproof Binoculars in their own pelican case with form fitted foam.
- 7-Position WEMA Fuel & Water Tank Gauges
- Chelsea Ships Brass Clock
- Chelsea Brass Barometer
- International Code Flag Set
- Ubiquity 2.4GHz and 5GHz Titanium Internet Radio
- Linksys Wireless Router
- Linksys PSUS4 Print Server
- Serial 2 Ethernet Converter
- USB 2.0 Manual Share Switch Hub
- Lifeline AGM Batteries, 6-8G House 1350 Ah, 2-4D Engine Start 360 Ah, 2-8G27 For Dingy 150Ah which charge off the yachts main charging system.
- WELLS Battery Combiner
- Xantrex Marine 30 – 130-Amp Carger/Inverter
- Westerbeke 12KW Diesel Generator W/2441 Eng. Hrs Generator Has Both Mechanical & Electronic Regulation for smooth 120v operation from no load to full load. No burning up compressors from low voltage operation
- Link 2000R Battery Monitoring System W/1-Complete Spare System In The Box and latest software revisions on both.
- Decklights On Bow
- 4-Spreader Deck Lights, 2-Facing Aft, 2-Facing Forward
- Stern Lights
- International Navigation & Steaming Lights
- Tri-Anchor Strobe Light
- Nav Station Lights
- Red LED Courtesy Lights Throughout
- Interior Valance Lighting
- Cabin Lights
- Lighted Interior Hanging Cedar Lined Lockers
- Thinlite Flourescents:
2-Cockpit Ceiling, Red & White for night vision under sail
- BBQ Grill Light For Night Cooking
- 110 Volt Outlet, Under Starboard Stern Seat For BBQ Rotisserie
- Fans Mounted @ Ea. HatchThroughout, 2-Swing Out Fans @ Aft Cabin Ports
- 2-50 Amp 110V Inlets @ Stern Of Boat
- 2-75’ - 50 Amp Shore Power Chords
- WEMA 7-Position Gauge System For Fuel, Water & Holding Tanks
- 2 new (2017)-Electric Par Jabsco Heads with air hydraulic seats and tops.
- 2-Backup Alpha Alternator Regulators
- 2-130 Amp Heir Heavy Duty Interchangeable Alternators, 1-On Each Engine W/ZAP Stops
- 2nd Set Of Gauges & Stop/Start Switches For Generator Mounted On Electrical Panel
- Outback Power System Solar Controller
- Kiss Wind Generator Controller
- Bilge Pump Monitoring System For Rule 3500 Pump W/Backup Spare Rule 1500 Pump
- Custom Mast & Boom To Accommodate New Boom In Boom Forespare Mainsail Furling System
- Double Spreaders
- 6-Hood Dorades On Teak Dorade Boxes W/S.S. Guards
- 7-Hood Opening Hatches W/Screens & Privacy Shields
- 22-Hood 316 S.S. Opening, Screened Ports
- 6- Large 3-dogged Hood Yacht system S.S. opening Screened Ports in Galley and main Salon instead of the usual plexaglass non opening ports down the doghouse sides that cracks crazes and is prone to leaks. These very expensive super high quality ports were chosen to always be CLEAR tempered glass…dress up the yacht with the stainless… and NOT LEAK.
- Deck Scuppers
- Open, European Type Bow Pulpit For Bow Boarding, W/Teak Seat/Step & Dual Sunbrella Bags W/Pockets, Mounted On S.S. Bow Rails For Storage of Snubbers W/2-S.S. Claws & Anchor Marker Float W/7600 lb. Kevlar retrival Line
- Custom Stainless Steel Stern Posts, 1-For KISS Wind Generator, 1-For Antenna Farm
- 6- Custom S.S. Fender Holders Mounted On, Dinghy Davits And Stern Railings
- Switlick 6 person Liferaft Mounted On a custom designed and built S.S. Horizontal Launch System incorporated into the stearn double stainless steel lifeline which then Swings-Out, over the water to facilitate easy launch in a heartbeat.
- Custom S.S. Rail Mounts For Extensive Jerry Cans, All W/Hunter Green Trimmed Stamoid Canvas, W/S.S. Chain Security System.
- Double Lifelines On S.S. Stanchions, From Mid-Ship, Forward
- Double 316, 11-Gauge S.S. Solid Lifelines, From Midship, Aft into which the liferaft launching system is incorporated.
- 2-Opening Side Gates Amidships, Port & Starboard
- Oversized Forward, Aft & Mid-ship Cleats
- Custom Oversized Cleats @ Sugarscoop, For Dingy Tie-off
- Custom S.S. Sacrificial Stern Protector Inbedded Into Sugarscoop
- Custom Installed Dual Backstays, 1-Insulated For Single Sideband, Both Mounted At The Bottom Of The Stern Sugarscoop, Providing A More Open Aft Deck Area
- Custom EdsonTeak Wheel W/30 Coats Of Bristol W/Teak Grate Under
- Fiberglass Hard Bimini And Hard Dodger W/Complete, Removable, Total Enclosure, W/G.E. MR10 "Mar Resistant, Guaranteed NOT To Yellow, Crack Or Craze, For 10 Years) 1/8” crystal clear. Lexan
- 2-Thin lite Flourescent Red & White Lights In Bimini
- 2-Overhead Bimini Windows To Enable Viewing Of Sail Shape & Wind Vane @ Top Of Mast
- 4-Solar Panels Over Bimini And 2-Solar Panels Over Dinghy Davits = 1,000 Watts delivers 65Amps to the batteries in full sunlight.
- Outboard, Starboard Side Locker W/Space For 2-20#-Aluminum Propane Tanks
- Highly Varnished Teak Dining Table In Cockpit, Folds Out At Nav Station
- Drink Holder At Nav Station
- Dual Opening, Teak Doors @ Companionway W/Lazer Cut Nautical Anchor Emblems On Both Doors W/Multiple Lock System & Lexan Backups Behind Doors
- Custom Closed Cell Cockpit Cushions W/Back Rest and also For Rear Seats W/Green Trim
- 1- ENGEL, 12 V 3-Amp, Deck Mounted Refridgerator Box Drink Cooler
- Teak Toe Rail W/30 Coats Bristol
- Stainless Steel Chain Plates
- Grabrails On Deck
- Stainless Steel Dorade Guards
- 2-Custom Mounted Dock Boxes, Fwd Of Mast, For Yachts Ondeck Tools Storage
- Integrated Hot & Cold Fresh Water, Shower Built Into Swim Platform
- Salt & Freshwater Deck And Anchor Washdown On The Bow
- 2-Black “STARBOARD” Fenderboards
- Bow To Stern Stamoid Full Boat Cover. Conveys with the yacht.
- Maxwell Neilson VWC 3500 Electric Anchor Windlass W/Custom Mounting Plate and a custom designed Dual Chain Stripping System
- 1-Up/Down Windlass Control @ Bow
- 1-Up/Down Windlass Control @ Cockpit
- Digital Chain Counter @ Cockpit
- 2-12 Strand Anchor Snubbers
- Double S.S. Anchor Bow Roller Assembly That Allows For Self-Launch Of Each Anchor
- 1-110 Manson Bruce S.S. Anchor W/275’ High Test Chain
- 2-75# S.S. CQR Anchors W/275’ High Test Chain
- 2-Anchor Chain Locks W/Custom Holes For Pins To Keep Chain From Ever Letting Go In Heavy Seas
- 5-Fire Extinguishers: 1-Forward Head, 2-Main Saloon, 1-Aft Stateroom, 1-Halon In Eng. Room
- Emergency Tiller (Still In Orig. Wrapping)
- 4-Spreader Deck Lights, 2-Facing Aft, 2-Facing Forward
- Stern Lights Mounted Above Dingy Under Solar Panels
- International Navigation & Steaming Lights
- Tri-Anchor Strobe Light
- Manual Bilge Pump In Cockpit
- Jay Stuart Haft Firdell Blipper
- Air Horn
- Boat Hook
- 4-Life Vests
- 2-Life Harnesses
- E120 MOP
- Switlik 6-Man Liferaft Mounted in Cannister On Custom S.S. Rail Emergency Launch System Re-certified 2015
- EPIRB 406, Re-certified & New Battery 2015
- Completely Grounded Boat
- Forespar Lightening Protection System & 2-Elephant Ear Lightening Strike Protection Systems
- Novurania MX380DFL Hard Bottom Ships Tender W/Console & 40hp Honda BF35A Outboard Eng. W/Power Trim & BST12 Built-In Inflation System + Double Sided Stamoid Detachable Bimini, (2017)New Instruments, New S.S. Prop Honda engine completely serviced & Additional Built-In 12 Gallon Fuel Tank, For A Total Of 22 Gallons Of Fuel New Throttle and Shift cables. She comes with a trailer that conveys with the yacht with new tires, new wheels newly carpeted runners, and new bearing buddies (2017) A custom built in extra seat in front of the console that folds down out of the way if so desired. 2ea. 8G27 lifeline AGM batteries custom mounted to the front floor with j-hooks.
- Full Green Trimmed Double Sided Stamoid Tender Cover W/Custom Zippered Areas For Inspection Etc.
- Forespar Keel Stepped, Custom Mast & Boom
- New fully battened Mainsail In The In-Boom Furling System Used for only 1 year.
- Manual Forespar Solid Spring Loaded Vang WBlock & Tackle Adjustment System
- Custom Spinnaker Truck Built In @ Top Of Mast To Prevent Spinnaker From Jamming Against Genoa
- 1-Carbon Fiber Spinnaker Pole Mounted On Mast W/Dedicated Anderson Winch For Raising And Lowering Pole
- 1-Dedicated Anderson Winch On Mainsheet Traveler
- 1-Forespar 135% Furling Genoa
- 1-155% Furling Genoa On Harken Roller Furling
- 1-Furling Staysail On Harken Roller Furling
- 1-Fully Battened In Boom Furling Mariner Mainsail
- Navtec Terminal Rigging Connectors Assembled W/Life Caulk, Which Penetrates 1x19 S.S. Standing Rigging Prevents Any Internal Rust.
- Double Spreaders
- Full International Flag Set W/Flag Halyards
- Custom made roller type Shroud Protectors
- 1x19 S. S. Standing Rigging
- 1-Each 1x19 Backstay
- 1-Each 1x19 Insulated Backstay these backstays are split only at the top of the mast.
- 2-Electric S/T Lewmar #58 Genoa Winches – 2-Speed
- 2-Manual S/T Lewmar #40 Staysail Winches – 2 Speed
- 1-Electric S/T Lewmar #44 Mainsail Winch – 2 Speed
- 1-Manual S/T Lewmar #40 Staysail Halyard On Mast – 2 Speed
- 1-Manual S/T Lewmar #48 Genoa Halyard On Mast – 2 Speed
- 2-Lewmar Winch Handles
- Halyard Stoppers On All Lines, Including Topping Lift
- Removable Boom Preventer System W/Halyard Stoppers Led To Cockpit
- Custom Sheet Chaffing System On All Standing Rigging
- Mainsail Boom Has Built In Double Sided Stamoid For Mainsail Sun Protection
- Yanmar 4LHTE Turbo Charged 110 HP Diesel Engine W/1232 Engine Hours
- Oil Pan Under Main Engine W/Custom Electric Oil Pump Changing System For Engine, Transmission & Generator makes changing the oil a breeze as it takes it out and puts the new oil in with a 3 valve manifold
- Right Hand Rotation
- Flexible Engine Mounts
- Kanzaki KM5A 2.57:1 Transmission
- Custom Fuel Polishing & Priming System
- Engine Alarm – All Engine Controls Mounted On Pedestal In Cockpit
- Westerbeke 12.5 KW Generator #12.5BTDA W/2441 Eng Hrs W/Both Mechanical & Electronic Regulation
- Systems & 2-Eng. Control Panels, 1-Eng Mounted, 2-Mounted on Electrical Panel
- Wesmar 10hp Bow Thruster
- 3-Blade PYI Reversing Prop & New PYI Drippless Draft Seal (2015)
- New Cutlass Bearing (2015)
- Shaft Lock Break System @ Helm
- Quadrant Protections at 35 Degrees each side of centerline.
- 3-Fuel Filters Inline On Both The Engine & Generator
- 140 Gallon Fuel Total
- 200 Gallons Water In 3 each S.S. Tanks
- Spectra 1000GPD, 42GPH Watermaker W/12,000 Volt Z-Brain W/3-Position Manifolds To Direct Water To Ea. Individual Tank
- Icemaker U-Line (New 2016) 25#’s Per Day
- Kiss Generator W/Electronic Controller & Extra Set Of Bearings, New In Box
- 2 Each – Heavy Duty Heir 130 Amp Super Heavy Duty Interchangeable Alternators
- 2-Each - Link 2000R Charger/Alternator Controllers, 1-Online, 1-New In Box
- 2-Each – Backup Alpha 3-Stage Regulators with quick changeover switches.
- 1-Outback Power System Solar Controller
AC and PLUMBING:
- 3-Each Cruiseair 16,000 BTU Reverse Cycle Heat/Air Conditioning Units W/SMX Digital Controllers
- 1-Rule 3500 Bilge Pump W/Pump Counter System
- 1-Rule 1500 Backup Bilge Pump
- 1-Gusher Bilge Pump
- 2-New Par Jabsco Electric Heads W/Hydraulic Seats & Lids & Groco 750 Filters W/Monel Baskets For Deodorizing Head & Lubricating Mascerators
- 2-FRP Reinforced Holding Tanks Total Of 50 Gallons, Both W/Mascerators To Pump Overboard @ Sea & Aft Mascerator Has ”Y” Valve That Can Act As A 4th Emergency Bilge Pump
- 2-Sump Pumps, 1-Ea Shower W/Filters Prior To Pumps
- 1-Each Freshwater Inlet W/Quick Disconnect
- 3-Layer S.S. Fuel Filtering System For Cleaning Fuel, Before It Goes Into Tanks.
“THE BEAR NECESSITIES” is the most completely equipped Taswell 50’ ever built.
“THE BEAR NECESSITIES” has been designed for serious cruising with features for the cruising lifestyle, including an elegant interior, designed by the owners, complete with custom crystal stemware, dinnerware, bed covers and rugs, and plenty of storage for all the spares and extras necessary for self contained cruising.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 50' 0"
- Max Height: 0
- LOA: 50' 0"
- LWL: 42' 0"
- BEAM: 15' 0"
- DRAFT: 7.3333' 0"
- Engine(s): 4LHTE Turbo Charged
- Fuel: 200 Gal
- Water: 150 Gal
- Holding: 50 Gal
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Manufacturer: TA SHING YACHTS
- Model: Taswell 50
Please call or email us with any questions.
510 Brookside Drive
Clearwater, FL 33764
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!