38' Freedom Yachts
South Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Photo 1 of 20
<img title="Starboard side looking aft" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_942699685.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Nav station" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1159782561.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="V berth" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_2093037905.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Aft cabin" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_1247967487.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="Head" src="/images/proc/deals/IYBA_210997793.jpg?width=80&height=80"/>
"Tyche" is a beautiful example of the popular Freedom 36. Shortly after "Tyche" was built, Freedom added a sugar scoop to the transom and rebranded the boat a Freedom 38. "Tyche" had a sugar scoop added by her previous owner which was custom fabricated by famous Concordia Yachts. She has been professionally maintained at Concordia ever since.
Her current owners have spared no expense in upgrading her systems, electronics, canvas, sails and much more. She wants for nothing. Come and see for yourself. She won't disappoint.
The Freedom 36/38 while providing fantastic performance boasts spacious accommodations below. Forward is a traditional v-berth with the head to port with Jabsco manual marine head, vanity and shower. The main cabin has tons of storage and opening hatches and portlights (all newly replaced) to provide natural light and plenty of ventilation. There are port and starboard settees and a bulkhead folding dinette table. The nav station is aft to starboard with all the navigation tools needed from inverter to stereo and VHF to radar. The galley is to port with new Seafrost cold-plate system and three-burner stove with oven. Aft to starboard is the second stateroom with a roomy double berth.
Owners' notes on recent refits and upgrades
1986 Freedom 36/38 “Tyche”
The Freedom 36/38 was designed to be a fast, safe yacht that can be easily sailed by a cruising couple or single-handed. The interior is spacious and open, with a v-berth forward and enclosed quarter cabin aft, a large head, a roomy salon, a secure galley area with abundant storage and 6'4" headroom throughout. "Tyche" has undergone numerous upgrades since 2014 with all work done by Concordia Boats in Dartmouth, MA. She is in turn-key condition and ready for summer sailing.
- LOA : Originally 36’; modified with stern swim scoop to a 38’ in 2016
- LWL: 30’7”
- Beam: 12’6”
- Draft: 4’6”
- Headroom: 6’4”
- Engine: 27 HP Yanmar
- Displacement: 14,370
- Designer: Gary Mull
- Builder: Freedom Yachts/TPI
- Water heater: 6 gallons
- Holding tank: 22 gallons w/dual discharge (deck pump or overboard w/macerator)
- Water: 65 gallons (flushed, cleaned and checked for leaking 2016)
- Fuel: 35 gallon SS tank (2017)
- White boat with flag blue dodger and bimini
- 8 opening ports with custom screens
- Swim platform with hot and cold water/shower
- Sleeps 4 in two double cabins; can sleep 6 w/ 2 in main cabin
- Large v-berth with filler, hanging locker and storage cabinets. Private access to head from v-berth
- Aft private queen-size berth with wet locker and drawers, 3 opening ports.
- Base of quarter berth replaced (2017)
- New Bomar overhead hatch in v-berth (2015)
- Replaced headliner in v-berth (2016)
- Recovered v-berth (2014) and quarter-berth (2016) cushions in Sunbrella Dupione
- Cabin fans
- Large head with shower and electric sump pump, loads of storage
- New Holding tank with deck pump out or macerator/overboard discharge; all plumbing lines replaced (2015)
- New Skandvik sink/shower faucet (2014)
- Tasco gimbaled propane 3-burner stove
- Solar powered refrigeration system with battery back up (2016)
- Attwood stainless steel 6-gallon water heater
- Large double stainless steel sink
- Force 10 propane cabin heater
- Drop down table with storage
- Poly-planar MRD85i Stereo (2014)
- Replaced fixed windows in main salon (2015)
- Replaced lexan in overhead hatch (2015)
- New salon cushions in Sunbrella Dupione (2014)
- 2 propane bottle storage in cockpit locker – one dedicated to stove, other to heater
- New Garmin 10” GPS at helm with integrated Garmin 3G radar overlay and AIS receiver (2014)
- New Garmin wind and depth (2014)
- New fluxgate compass (2014)
- Raymarine ST4002 autopilot – new head unit at helm (2016)
- New Standard Horizon VHF RAM mic in cockpit; base w/AIS receiver in cabin (2016)
- New cockpit fuel gauge (2017)
- Nova panel circuit breaker
- Batteries (all new and upgraded in 2016)
- Fireboy Xintex CO detector
- Xintex S-2A propane detector
- Yanmar 3GM30F
- Three side engine access from galley, lazarette, quarter-berth
- New engine mounts (2014)
- New Flexofold propeller (2014)
- Custom cabinetry in quarter-berth providing engine access (2017)
- New 35 gal. stainless steel fuel tank including all hoses (2017)
- New propeller shaft and dripless shaft seal (2017)
- Slide system for main with Mack-pack storage
- Haarstick self-tacking jib with cover (2011)
- Asymetrical spinnaker (2014)
- New Haarstick jib-top reacher (2015)
- New running rigging (2015, 2016)
- New traveler system (2015)
- New Doyle "fathead" main (2017)
- Winch-Bit drill system for mainsail hoisting (rechargeable w alternator on board) (2015)
- New folding Edson cockpit table (2014)
- New dodger and bimini with shade and Isinglass extensions (2015)
- New Edson 42” helm covered in dove leather (2015)
- Engine hoist on radar mast
- New Edson outboard bracket (2015)
- Anchor with electric windlass w/remote and deck wash down
- All handrails re-bedded (2015)
- All stanchions and toerails re-bedded (2014/15)
- New teak toerails (2015)
- Custom cockpit coaming boxes (2015)
- 3 steps added to mast (2015)
- Lifelines renewed (2015)
- Cockpit cushions recovered (2016)
- New “Sugar scoop” swim platform added with stainless swim ladder and hot/cold shower (2016)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 38' 0"
- LOA: 38' 0"
- BEAM: 12' 6"
- DRAFT: 4' 6"
- Engine(s): Yanmar 3GM30F
- HP: 27
- Fuel: 35 gallons
- Water: 65 gallons
- Holding: 22 gallons
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Manufacturer: Freedom Yachts
- Model: 36/38
- Designer: Gary Mull
Please call or email us with any questions.
1 Lagoon Road Suite # 5
Portsmouth, RI 02871
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!