Newport, Rhode island
Photo 1 of 22
OWNERS HAVE FOUND THEIR NEXT BOAT AND MUST SELL. BRING ALL OFFERS! IN WATER AND READY TO GO.
The Ohlson 38 was designed by Swedish architect Einar Ohlson. Her traditional good looks and reputation of being an exceptional good performer and proven single-handed vessel make her a great cruising platform. And "Sabasa" is a prime example of the Ohlson 38 with her conscientious owners sparing little expense to keep this classic in great shape...newly Awlgripped topsides, new sails, upgraded mechanicals and much more.
In additional to her sleek lines and renowned performance, the Ohlson 38 has a spacious interior. The main salon has a centerline dinette table with port and starboard settees on either side. There are additional pilot berths above and outboard of the settee. There is a roomy V-berth forward and a head with manual marine head (plumbing & tank are upgraded). The galley is L-shaped facing aft and to port with icebox, sink and 2-burner alcohol stove with oven. There is a nav station to starboard with a quarterberth as well.
The entire interior brightwork has ben refinished over the last few years.
Sails and Rigging
- Aluminum single-spreader keel-stepped rig and boom
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging
- Upgraded Harken genoa roller furler
- Forespar carbon fiber reaching strut
- Upgraded Andersen ST46 primary winches
- Garhauer adjustable genoa leads
- Harken mainsheet & traveler system
- 2016 North fully-battened mainsail
- #1 and #2 roller furling genoa
- Ulmer 0.75oz tri-radial spinnaker
- Westerbeke W21 21hp 3-cylinder diesel inboard engine - recent rebuild
- Martec 3-blade feathering prop
- Auto-prop H5 series 3-blade, self-adjusting
- Michigan Sailor fixed prop
- Shaft spurs
- Edson sterring pedestal with guard rail, aluminum destroyer wheel, throttle and gear shift and wheel brake.
- Marlin 12-volt anchor windlass with washdown pump
Electrical and Electronics
- Updated wiring to meet ABYC standards
- New 2016 - 2 x 12-volt Group 27 batteries
- New Paneltronics DC electrical panel
- Standard Horizon USA II VHF
- Datamarine A180 log
- Datamarine S100KL
- Datamarine LX3600 wind
- Standard Horizon DS45 depthsounder
- Standard Horizon GPS-CP150 with WAAS and two chips
- Raymarine ST 4000+ autopilot
- Danforth Express compass
- Ritchie compass
- Clock & barometer
Upgrades and Refits
- 2016 - New North fully battened mainsail
- 2014 - New Edson steering pedestal with leather covered wheel, includes wheel brake & engine/throttle controls
- 2012 - New Awlgripped topsides - white
- Interior brighwork all refinished
- New thru hull fittings and hoses
- New head plumbing with holding tank and manual pump out
- Updated 12-volt electrical system
- New Marin 12-volt anchor windlass with washdown pump
- Andersson 2x46ST primary winches, 28ST and 12ST cabin top winches
- Rebuild of Westerbeke 21hp inboard engine
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 38' 0"
- LOA: 38' 0"
- BEAM: 10' 3"
- DRAFT: 5' 6"
- Engine(s): Westerbeke W21
- HP: 21
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Manufacturer: Ohlson
- Model: 38
- Designer: Einar Ohlson
Please call or email us with any questions.
1 Lagoon Road Suite # 5
Portsmouth, RI 02871
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Don't miss out on any Used Yachts for Sale or Used Boats for Sale... Email Your Offer!!
Just Email from the Listing Above
~ Make A Great Deal ~
Make an Offer!!