50' Marine Trader
Newport, Rhode island
Photo 1 of 39
The largest trawler-style yacht ever offered by Marine Trader, the 50 Motor Yacht is an inexpensive long-range cruiser with a spacious double-deck interior and a classic trawler profile. She was built at the Lien Hwa shipyard in Taiwan on a solid fiberglass hull with moderate beam, a deep forefoot and a long prop protecting keel. The Marine Trader 50 has full walkaround sidedecks and a covered aft deck. It has a three-stateroom floorplan on the lower level. The engines are located in separate compartments on either side of the central corridor leading to the aft cabin. Typical of most Asian-built boats of her era, traditional teak paneling and cabinetry are used extensively throughout the interior of the 50MY. Topside, the flybridge is spacious with plenty of room for dinghy storage aft and guest seating forward around the helm.
Main Deck The Marine Trader 50 Motor Yachts boasts a spacious layout. Entering the main deck from the covered aft cockpit is the main salon galley which are completely open. There is a sectional sofa to port with a wet bar and Uline icemaker to starboard. There are access hatches in the main salon flooring for easy access to the engine compartments. Forward is a U-shaped galley with a Pricness 3-burner propane stove/oven, Jennair electric grill with self-contained ventilation, Norcold upright refrigerator/freezer (not operational), double stainless sinks and tons of storage. There are full windows with opening sliders throughout provide lots of natural light and ventilation. The aft counter doubles as a breakfast bar. The pilothouse and primary steering station is forward of the galley with dual engine controls and a suite of electronics.
Living Quarters The living quarters are on the lower deck and are accessible by two spiral staircases, one in the main salon and the other in the pilothouse. The master stateroom is aft with a queen bed on centerline and copious amounts of storage outboard on either side. There is an en-suite head with separate tub/shower. The head is complete with a Vac-u-Flush electric head.
Moving forward down the central hallway, engine rooms are situated outboard on either side.
Midships is the VIP stateroom with athwartships queen walkaround berth, en-suite head with shower stall, Vac-u-flush head.
Forward is a slip V-berth cabin. Originally built with a third head forward, a previous owner removed the head with tub/shower and turned it into a utility locker and storage to port and an office/desk to starboard.
The interior has a brushed teak interior with traditional parquet flooring.
On deck, the main deck has a traditional Euro trawler layout with covered walk-around side-decks and a Portuguese bridge forward of the pilothouse. The foredeck has a Maxwell anchor windlass. The aft deck has plenty of room for a table and chairs. A swim platform and swim ladder are a few steps down from the aft deck.
The flybridge is full width and is completely open for use for water toys, dinghy davit and dinghy, summer galley and grill or whatever her new owner choses to do. There is a secondary helm station and guest seating forward. There is ladder access to the flybridge from the aft deck and the pilothouse.
- Swim platform with stainless steel brackets and swim ladder
- Stainless steel stanchions and teak cap rails with boarding gates to port and starboard
- Portuguese bridge with gate access
- Wood mast on flybridge for lighting and radar anteannae
- 1 opening hatch, 16 stainless steal opening ports, 3 companionway entrances, center opening windshield in pilothouse, misc sliding and fixed ports
- Stainless steel hawse cleats aft, midships and forward
- 50kg Bruce anchor with 3/8" chain rode
- Additional Danforth and CQR anchors
- Maxwell 2200 anchor windlass
- ICOM IC-M80 VHF
- Garmin GPSMAP 162 GPS
- Furuno 16-mi radar anteannae
- Datamarine depthsounder
- Datamarine speed
- Robertson AP200DL autopilot with wired remote
- Ritchie compass
- Oregon weather station
- 2 x Seik flat screen TV's in staterooms
- AM/FM/CD stereo
- 2 x Ford Lehman 225hp turbo charged engines: Port - 1720 hrs, Stbd - 1838 hrs
- Freshwater cooled, FRP mufflers
- 4 x Cruiseair air conditioning units with reverse-cycle heat - not all units operational
- Bow Thruster tunnel - previously fitted with a bow thruster but motor removed. Tunnel and mounting still exist for an easy installation of a new unit
- 3 x Rule 110gph bilge pumps
- High water alarm
- Shower sump pumps
- 1 x Jabsco 5gpm and 1 x Shurflo 4.7gpm freshwater pumps with accumulator tank
- 2 x 50-amp shorepower fittings on foredeck
- Idling Solutions 3000-watt inverter
- 2 x Xantrex 40-amp battery chargers
- GFCI 110-volt outlets throughout
- Westerbeke WTA-15-614 15kw generator - 2528 hours
- 2 x Group 24 AGM batteries
- 2 x Group 24 wet-cell batteries
- Avon 6-person life raft
- 3 anchors
- Fenders and docklines
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Manufacturer: Marine Trader
- Model: 50
- Designer: Floyd Ayers
- Length: 50' 0"
- LOA: 50' 0"
- BEAM: 16' 5"
- DRAFT: 4' 8"
- Engine(s): Ford Lehman Turbo
- Hours: 1720
- HP: 450
- Fuel: 750 gallons
- Water: 380 gallons
- Holding: 50 gallons
Please call or email us with any questions.
1 Lagoon Road Suite # 5
Portsmouth, RI 02871
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Don't miss out on any Used Yachts for Sale or Used Boats for Sale... Email Your Offer!!
Just Email from the Listing Above
~ Make A Great Deal ~
Make an Offer!!