Photo 1 of 67
Comfort and spaciousness are the usual hallmarks of a center cockpit cruiser, Hunter has concentrated on adding real performance and making them easy to sail. The difference lies in the initial design. A modern underbody provides the performance while the innovative deck plan offers safe and easy sail handling, even when short-handed. The cockpit is wide and deep and just right for those long passages.
Inside, this boat has more than enough comforts to liveaboard, or cruise for long distances. The accommodations are generously sized throughout, with plenty of storage to never feel like you have to compromise. This is a 2 cabin, 2 head layout with a convertible salon.
- Very spacious aft cabin has full walk-around berth, shower with tub, large lockers and 6 foot 5 of headroom.
- Excellent liveaboard capability
- Diesel Heat
- Onan 6kw Generator
- AGM House Batteries,
- Full cockpit enclosure with cushions. Safe and comfortable.
- Davit with tender and outboard included.
- See Full Listing for more details!
Motivated owners! Vessel is moored in Elliott Bay Marina.
Please contact Byron Shirley for more information:
Hull & Deck Description:
- This is a production built Hunter Passage 456. The hull is round bilged with a raked stem with anchor roller, an external ballast lead fin keel, an inboard spade rudder, and a transom stern with integral stern platform with seats and hatches for lazarette access and storage. There are stainless steel capped rubrails, there are stainless steel bow and stern rails, and double lifelines run on stainless steel stanchions.
- The deck layout is that of a center cockpit sailboat and the cockpit is recessed into the long cabin trunk aft of amidships. There is a hatch over the windlass and chain locker on the foredeck. The forward section of the trunk is stepped and has three skylight hatches on the low forward section and two skylight hatches and two skylights on the higher section in addition to the companionway to the cockpit. The aft section has a skylight hatch over the aft accommodations. There are two windows and two ports on each cabin side.
- The cockpit has a steering pedestal, coaming seat backs, and a port side hatch to the LPG cylinder storage locker.
There is a chain locker with deck access in the forepeak. Next aft is a head/shower compartment followed by a stateroom with a starboard side double berth and a port side seat and lockers.
The main cabin has a port side entertainment center followed by a settee and a “U” shaped galley, and a starboard side “U” shaped lounge with table followed by a chart table with seat and a head compartment. There is a starboard aft passage to the aft cabin with inboard engine compartment access. The aft cabin has an island double berth, lockers and drawers, a second door to the head compartment, and a port forward shower compartment.
The engine compartment is aft of the companionway beneath the cockpit. The fuel tank is beneath the aft cabin berth, and the water tanks are beneath the forward cabin berth and the main cabin sole.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Manufacturer: HUNTER
- Model: 456
- Length: 44' 0"
- Max Height: 0
- LOA: 45' 0"
- LWL: 39.0833' 0"
- BEAM: 14.5' 0"
- DRAFT: 5.5' 0"
- Engine(s): 4JH3-TE
- Fuel: 94 Gal
- Water: 149 Gal
- Holding: 48 Gal
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
Deck and Hull Featur
- Description - Cockpit is located midship. There is great visibility from the helm due to the height of the boat.
- Full canvas and izenglas enclosure - With individual panels that roll up or removable. Canvas is used but in good overall shape, does not need replacement.
- Cushions - Seat and back-rest cushions all around cockpit, in navy blue and white striped fabric. Cushions in good overall shape.
- Pullpit - Has electronics NavPod, canvas bag for storage, flip-up table made of starboard with leaves, and two cupholders, and compass.
- Wheel - Folding wheel with grey leather covering.
- Arch - Stainless Steel arch has cockpit speakers and lights and the traveller.
- Stereo - Sony waterproof stereo plays CD/FM/AM
- Propane locker - houses two propane tanks.
- Ground Tackle - Delta anchor with 30' of chain and 150' of 3/4 nylon
- Wide sidedecks
- Three opening hatches on deck
- Description - The stern of the boat, behind the cockpit, is a large area about 13 x 10 feet, with space for layout on deck and sunbathing, with handholds, sitting, cooking. There are molded in steps to the transom and swim platform, with storage and a hot/cold water shower on the swimplatform. A large davit system makes for easy launch and pick up of the tender.
- BBQ - Propane-powered. Located to stern-port corner, has a Sunbrella cover. Fixed to stanchion.
- Seating - Long bench seats on port and starboard corners, padded, with cupholders.
- Davit - Stainless Steel davit system with rope pulleys
- Tender - West Marine 4MCLite / RIB 310. Inflatable tubes with fiberglass bottom. Has blue Sunbrella cover. Good overall shape, stays inflated.
- Outboard - Mercury 6HP 2008, ME6M4ST. Has outboard bracket.
- Chartplotter (Helm) - Raymarine C120W with Radar and Sirius weather data, Depth, Speed, Heading
- Autopilot (Helm) - Raymarine ST6000+ with Rudder angle indicator, auto-tack.
- Wind Indicator (Helm) - Raymarine wind gauge with true/Apparant wind speed.
- Repeater - Shows Depth (Companionway) - Raymarine ST60 has alarm
- Repeater - Shows Speed (Companionway) - Raymarine ST60
- VHF (Navigation Station) - Icom with RAM Mic
- Flat Screen TV (Salon) - Samsung 20 inch TV
- DVD/FM/AM/CD Player (Salon) - Bose
- CD/FM/AM/Aux/USB Player (Master Cabin) - Dual MXD25
- CD/FM/AM/Aux/USB Player (Fwd Cabin) - Dual MXD25
- Speakers - Located in Cockpit, Salon, Fwd and Master Cabins. Individually controlled
- Flat Screen TV (Fwd cabin) - Skyworth.
- 6'5" of headroom at foot of bed
- Bed - Queen size, full walk around with reading lights, with teak head and foot board
- Convertible Table at port settee
- Shower/Tub - Separate from head, has a glass door and is spacious with opening hatch, and soap/shampoo dispenser
- Head - Has two access doors, one from cabin and one in hall. Spacious, with sink and Vacuflush head, opening hatch
- Storage - 40 cubic foot hanging locker, plenty of storage throughout.
- Overhead handrails
- Opening Ports - (8) and one hatch
- Individual Stereo and Speakers
- Bedding - Pullman style (Off-center, climb on one side), twin sized berth.Has reading light
- Storage - 6 dresser drawers underneath berth
- Storage - Large hanging locker and additional cabinet
- 6'5" of headroom
- TV/DVD player
- Speaker and Stereo system - Separate from rest of boat
- Head - Forward of cabin is the forward head access, which is a "wet head".
- General features - U-shape Countertop, Vinyl flooring, 4 drawers, 7 cabinets, 3 opening hatches nearby for ventilation, several overhead lights and owner added lighting for counter.
- Freezer - Top-loading freezer,
- Refrigerator - Top and front loading, separate from freezer.
- Propane Oven / Stove Top - Force 10 Marine, 3 burner cooktop and large oven, gimballed
- Propane Tanks - (2) tanks, located in secured, vented storage in cockpit
- Microwave - Origo
- Corian Countertops
- Double Stainless Steel Sinks
- Generator - Onan 6KW, diesel fueled, fresh water cooled, Racor fuel filter. 288 Hours as of June 1st, 2017.
- Batteries - (2) 4D AGM House (Replaced Summer 2015), (1) Group 27 wet cell battery
- Battery Charger - Freedom 25
- Shore Power - 30 Amp, 125V
Sails and Rigging
- I : 47.92 ft
- J : 14.67 ft
- P : 46.50 ft
- E : 20.75 ft
- Working Sail Area : 962.00 sq ft
- Main Sail - UK Sails Furling with blue Sunbrella at clew. Original.
- Genoa - UK Sails 110% furling genoa with blue Sunbrella sun protection on edges. Original.
- Masthead sloop rig
- Aluminium mast/boom. Mast is 63' tall.
- Harken and Rutgerson blocks
- Shrouds - Stainless Steel wire
- Stainless steel chainplates
- Genoa Winches - (2) Lewmar
- Companionway Winches - (2) Lewmar 44ST
- Cam Cleats - 4 + 3 by companionway
4 Man Dinghy 6hp Merc 2008 with davit system
Keel Type: Fin
Ballast: 7237 lb
Max Draft: 6.50 ft
- Table - Convertible high-gloss dinner table
Recent Maintenance a
- Boat survey for new owners (June 2012)
- New propeller & Cutlass bearings, with alignment - Marine Service Center (July 2012)
- Davit system installed (May 2014)
- Fixed kink in gas line, Replaced Fridge & Freezer thermostat, Hatch replacement, Mast Head replacement (June 2014)
- Service Mainsail furling system, climbed mast & Inspected, Lubricated bearings on furler, Tighten radar and steaming light fasteners, adjusted the boom vang, Replaced the boom car (May 2015)
- House Battery replacement and various maintenance (Summer 2015)
- Vacuflush pump upgrade, and general maintenance (April 2015)
- Various Maintenance (July 2016)
- Hull & Deck detail and wax (May 2017)
Please call or email us with any questions.
850 NE 3rd Street, Suite 205
Dania Beach, FL 33004
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Don't miss out on any Used Yachts for Sale or Used Boats for Sale... Email Your Offer!!
Just Email from the Listing Above
~ Make A Great Deal ~
Make an Offer!!