47' Ta Chiao Sailboat
"Distant Drummer III"
Punta Gorda, FL
Photo 1 of 1
Our owner except for the refrigeration and the generator (537hrs) offers practically a new vessel. Every piece of equipment and every system has been replaced with new alow and aloft. The new Yanmar engine hour meter shows 40 hours of use. There is an existing full survey performed by Vanderperk Marine Services available acomplished while Distant Drummer III was in the final stages of a most major refit. The yacht was given a BRISTOL rating. The entire hull and rig has just been recently finished with Awl Grip and appropriate varnishes. All sails, rigging, winches and stack pack are new. All electronics, pumps, batteries, bow thruster, the total LED lighting system on deck and throughout the interior are all new.
Distant Drummer is docked behind the owner’s home and available for inspection by appointment. With the addition of the new owner’s personal gear she is ready to sail around the world as several of her sister ships have done.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 47' 0"
- LOA: 47' 0"
- Displacement: 30000 lbs
- BEAM: 13' 2"
- Engine(s): Yanmar 4JH5
- Hours: 40
- HP: 60
- Fuel: 200 gallons
- Water: 30 gallons
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Manufacturer: Ta Chiao Sailboat
- Model: CENTER COCKPIT BLUEWATER CRUISER
- Designer: Kaufman & Ladd
Further forward to port is the well-equipped galley with ballasted gimballed three burner Princess Gourmet II propane stove and oven, Nova Kool freezer and refrigerator. All flat surface areas are covered in Ceasar Stone for ultimate ease of cleanliness. The twin stainless sinks are properly deep for handling offshore clean up challenges. Just to starboard of the galley is the nav station with cushioned seat and a full opening completely rewired in 2015 electrical grid panel for easy access and maintenance.
Going further to port is the lowerable dining table surrounded by newly cushioned C shape divan. This converts to a transom berth for two. Opposite the dining area is to starboard is an excellent expandable fore and aft transom berth – seating bench.
Moving forward to port is a fully enclosed head with a real sea going Groco manual head and telephone type shower. Opposite the head are hanging and storage lockers. All the way forward is a sumptuous V berth with all new cushioned mattresses and a filler to convert the V berths into a double.
The aft deck area is fully protected with stainless stanchions and double life lines. This area is served by a comfortable fold away canvas bench for thoroughly enjoyable spectating while at anchor or underway.
All interior and exterior cushions including the custom fitted aft cabin mattress were renewed in 2015.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer – Kaufman & Ladd
Builder – Ta Chiao
Year – 1982
Draft – 6’
LOA – 47’
Beam – 13’2”
Displacement – 30,000 lbs.
Fresh Water – 200 US gallons in three separate aluminum tanks
Diesel Fuel – 130 gallons separated in 40, 60 and 130 US gallons in aluminum tanks
Holding tanks – two 30 US gallons
Mast Height above DWL – 65’
Yanmar – 2015 – 4JH5 , 60 HP with 110 Amp Alternator
Engine hours – 40
Westerbeke 3.5 KW
- The owner’s aft stateroom features a full width walk around double berth with a custom split luxury mattress so it can be split and easily removed from the stateroom. The area is generously equipped with clothes hanging closets and very adequate storage for personal belongings. The head area is quite sumptuous with walk in shower, hot and cold fresh water and Vacuflush 5006 commode.
- Going forward there is an enclosed and shielded generator space to starboard with the easily accessed new engine space to port.
- It should be noted that the entire interior is served by two sets of MarineAir air conditioning, 5 new 12 volt Hella Fans throughout the living spaces, four Goiot hatches including two hatches that open fore and aft, three sun activated solar vents, nine opening ports and superb newly installed all LED lighting for overhead, reading, deck and spreader lights.
- The cockpit area is raised and fully cushioned with seating along with customized fitted and upholstered removable backrests.
Flag Blue AwlGrip topside paint 2014
New Epoxy Bottom Paint
Awlgrip deck paint – 2014
All these paint surfaces on the hull and mast look new
Edson Pedestal steering with instrument pod
Teak floor grating in cockpit
Two stereo speakers in cockpit
Electronics / Navigation
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL THE ELECTRONICS LISTED ABOVE WERE BOUGHT AND INSTALLED IN 2014.
- Autopilot – Raymarine Autohelm ST 7002 with Remote Control Hand Held Smart Pilot
- Speedometer – Raymarine ST 60+
- Depthfinder – Raymarine ST 60+
- Wind Direction Finder – Raymarine ST 60+
- Chartplotter – Raymarine C90 Wide
- Radar – Raymarine HD Color with Gimballed Ballasted separate aft stanchion for antenna.
- VHF – Standard Horizon Matrix GX 2150 including AIS
- KVH TRACVISION M3 Satellite TV Receiver
- Inverter – Xantrex Freedom SW 3000
- Battery Monitor – Link Pro
- Stereo – SONY DVP – SR510H CD/DVD Player
- ICOM – AIS Receiver – MXA – 5000
Fresh and salt water wash-down
Bruce anchor – 10 KG with 200’ of galvanized chain
Lewmar Windlass – Foot activated and from the helm
Double lifelines with stern and bow pulpit
Full length fitted block mounting rail port and starboard sides
Deck house rails port and starboard sides
Bow fitting for staysail
Inboard sheeting tracks for genoa
Fitted Bimini Top with forward shield.
Winches – 2 #25 Barlow two speeds on mast, 2 Lewmar #30’s – 2 speed; 2 Primary Barlow #30 self-tailing, two speed, self-tailing ,2 Secondary Barlow #27, self-tailing
Eight Spinlock halyard clutches
Fast action mainsheet traveler located aft to be clear of cockpit crowding
- DOCKSIDE FITTINGS
- 2 - 110 Cable Connectors
- 1 – exterior cable connector
- 1 – exterior pressure water connector
- Stainless steel removable outboard motor crane
- Outboard motor bracket
- Permanent retrievable stainless steel swim ladder
Sails and Rigging
SPARS AND SAILS
Mast and Boom – White Awlgrip with blade Awlgrip spreaders
Harken Battcar system for the mainsail
Harken roller furling for genoa
Genoa – 135% - Sail Technologies – 2015
Main with five battens – Sail Technologies - 2015
Full Stack Pack - Sail Technologies– 2015
Running Rigging – All High Tech Sheets & Halyards non stretch. No wire on the boat.
Full set of blocks – All by Harken
PSS main shaft seal
Three bladed MaxProp with adjustable feathering blades
Katadyn Power Survivor 160 Watermaker producing 6-7 gallons an hour. Has never been used or connected with sea water
Seaward F 1200 Hot Water heater – 11 gallons
Pro Mariner Galvanic Isolator
Sidepower SE80/185T Bow Thruster with separate heavy duty battery
Two electric bilge pumps. One manual bilge pump operated in secured position in cockpit.
High bilge automatic alarm system
Two Macerators with excess of 12 mile limit gauge indicators along with capacity monitoring systems for both tanks
Two Trojan AGM 12 V – 89AH/20 hr. BATTERIES
Five Full River AGM 12 V- 210 batteries giving a total of 1228 AMP hours.
Sony DVP – SR510H CD/DVD Player ; I Pod Compatible; separate speaker controls for forward stateroom, aft stateroom and cockpit
Please call or email us with any questions.
1200 W. Retta Esplanade #43
Punta Gorda, FL 33950
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!