The J/133 combines cruising comfort with more powerful performance ratios. The easy to manage sailplan allows fewer and less experienced crew, and the extra rig power afforded by a low VCG keel and standard Hall carbon mast will maximize performance across a wide spectrum of conditions.
Mala takes this blend of performance and the ability to cruise to a higher level. She was built with additional storage throughout, shrouds moved outboard to eliminate the rod in the interior, and a non-overlapping jib sail plan makes boat handling a dream.
MORE PHOTOS COMING SOON!
- Length: 43' 0"
- LOA: 43' 0"
- Displacement: 18250 lbs
- LWL: 37' 10"
- Ballast: 7250 lbs
- BEAM: 12' 9"
- Engine(s): 4jh3e
- HP: 56
- Fuel: 52 gallons
- Water: 90 gallons
- Holding: 40 gallons
- Ballast: 7250 7250
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Manufacturer: j boats
- Model: J/133
- Designer: Rod Johnstone
Starting in the Forward Master, you have a large v-berth with storage below in two curved front drawers. This cabin also features a hanging locker, bureau, settee and private en-suite Vacu-flush head.
Aft in the Main Salon a large J/46 style varnished cherry drop leaf table with bottle storage compartment divides two equal settees that slide out to convert to sleeping berths. Excellent storage is provided out board of both settees. Above the starboard settee you also find a pilot berth and opposite to port the space was used to create more storage cabinets. The interior is finished in a "Herreshoff Style" with white flats and varnished cherry trim. The sole is varnished teak and holly. The galley is aft of the starboard settee and the large forward facing nav station is aft of the port settee.
The Aft Cabin is to starboard. This cabin has a double berth, vinyl siding, vanity with drawers and cabinet, full length shelf, and hanging locker.
Opposite to port you have the Aft head this head has a walk through to the cockpit storage locker, wet locker outboard of the head and jacket store behind the door.
The J-shaped galley is mid-ships to starboard. Her countertops have been up graded to corian.
Three-burner Force 10 propane stove/broiler/oven
Double S/S sink
(2) 6 lbs aluminum propane bottles in cockpit propane locker
Manual fresh water foot pump
Large trash bin storage with flip-lid access under counter
6.5 cu.ft. icebox with dual hinged top, and internal acrylic sliding shelf/divider
12 volt Seafrost refrigeration
Sharp microwave mounted under galley island facing nav station
Dry goods storage bins outboard
Griddle and pan storage locker under stove
Flatware and utensil drawers
Electronics / Navigation
Raymarine E120 Display at Nav station and Helm
Shuttle brand CPU with a Pentium 4 processor 3 Ghz memory and 1GB of RAM
Waterproof keyboard and dedicated inverter (separate from the Heart inverter for household 110 v. service).
Software- Windows XP and Nobeltec Visual Navigator v. 8.1.2 integrated with a Nobeltec radar on a post on the stern
Cell phone antenna installed on stern post
WIFI-Linksys GPC1 wifi card and external antenna
GPS input is from a Furuno GP-37
Furuno GP-37 GPS-WAAS at nav B&G Hercules 2000 with performance processor onto which polars are burned from the USSA performance package for this boat.
(1) B&G multipurpose readout at nav station
(3) B&G multipurpose and (1) B&G 20/20 mounted on pod above companionway and 20/20 controllable from helm
North Star plotter 6000i with New England Navionics charts
Grundig YB 400 PE SSB/LW/SW receiver and SSB antenna on backstay; feeds computer for weather
ICOM IC-M502 VHF with transmit/receive mike in cockpit
B&G autopilot with remote control
Sony EQ7 Tuner/CD/Cartridge player feeding main cabin speakers
Wired for both 12 volt DC and 110 volt AC to separate panels with individual breakers.
Four batteries connected in parallel make up the house bank.
(2) Powertec AGM grp 31 batteries
(2) Westmarine Seavolt AGM batteries
Engine & Generator Start Battery
(1) AGM Battery
Xantrex Link 2000 monitoring system
Master battery switch at nav
Battery Isolator with parallel switch to allow engine start from house bank
125 amp Power Max alternator
Fischer Panda AGTPM4 195 Amp diesel genset with auto start charging of AMG house batteries and sound silencing box.
30 amp shore power
50' Shore power chord
110 volt outlets GFCI protected
(2) Inverters Xantex 400 KW and Xantex 2KW
Galvanic Isolation protection
- Yanmar 56 hp 4JH3-E, fresh water cooled, 4 cylinder, naturally aspirated diesel engine
- Saildrive SD-50
- Gori two-blade, geared folding propeller.
- Fischer Panda AGTPM4 195 Amp diesel genset
- 52 gallon aluminum fuel tank
- Racor fuel filter
Lamination specifications to exceed ABS offshore yacht standards
ORC height foredeck toe-rails integrally molded into deck forward of mast
Stainless steel handrails on cabin trunk
Bow locker with deck hatch and overboard drainage
Two lazarette lockers on afterdeck
Molded companionway seahood with integral instrument pod, molded slider and acrylic drop board equipped with inside/outside stainless hasp and storage rack in cockpit locker.
Molded stern boarding/swim platform with boarding ladder
Molded propane locker to starboard, vented & drained overboard
- 2)Harken 60.2 AST self-tailing, 2 speed primary winches
- (2)Harken 48.2 STA self-tailing, 2 speed mainsheet winches
- (2)Harken 48.2 STA self-tailing, 2 speed, secondary winches mounted on the cabin trunk
- Port halyard cabin top winch is electric.
- (2)Harken 46.2 STA self-tailing , 2 speed forward halyard winches
- Lock-in winch handles with (4) PVC winch handle holders
- Harken blocks for reef lines, spinnaker and genoa blocks
- Harken stainless halyard and reef blocks at mast collar
- Spinlock rope clutches for halyards, reef lines, furler line, and tack line
- Harken mainsheet and traveler system with Black Magic series blocks & components
- Harken adjustable jib/genoa car system with purchase system led to the cockpit
- All shrouds have been mounted outboard to eliminate rod below decks and to facilitate easy jib handling
- Midship pad eyes mounted outboard
- Double turning blocks for spin sheet and checkstays
- Stainless stern and bow rail
- Custom extended and upgraded anchor bow roller fitting to accommodate Spade anchor and fitting for gennaker
- Tapered lifeline stanchions with amidship boarding gates port and starboard
- (4) 10? mooring cleats
- (3) articulated, acrylic Gebo hatches with screens
- (9) Gebo opening ports and one fixed port (over Nav station) on cabin trunk
- (2) Gebo opening ports with screens in cockpit well, one each for port and starboard aft cabins
- (2) custom dorades
- Telescoping transom swimming ladder
- Custom folding dinghy davits on stern
- Stainless mast collar with fastening points for halyard blocks
Sails and Rigging
Sails, Spars & Rigging Hall Spars pre-preg black carbon fiber mast autoclaved at 80 PSI at 250 deg F. Mast includes double airfoil aluminum spreaders, carbon gooseneck, black Awlgrip finish, painted white bands, wire runs in conduit, Antal mainsail track for #40 cars with loader and end fittings to accommodate sailmaker provided mainsail sliders and/or boltrope.
Hall Spars boom of 6061-T6 aluminum with black Awlgrip finish, welded gooseneck fitting, lug for boom vang, internal 12:1 mainsail outhaul with external cleat, bale for mainsheet block and painted white bands.
SAILS *North Marathon main with Dutchman furling rig and Antal sliders, *North Marathon furling 105% jib, *North 3DL racing 108% jib non-furling with horizontal battens and deck sweeping, *1.7 oz North A2 gennaker with snuffer, *North Stay-sail.
Hall D-30 QuikVang
Harken MKIII Unit 2.0 furling system with airfoil performance extrusion, corrosion proof spool and drum, tapered torque tube, AirSwivel for reduced weight aloft, cast aluminum Hardcote anodized chafe guard, and low stretch adjuster line.
Custom Navtec continuous rod rigging and turnbuckles mounted outboard of standard location
Sailtec integral hydraulic backstay
Carbon fiber whisker pole mounted on mast with extended track for mast storage and ease of jibing
Inner forestay box w/ internal sheave halyard and checkstay tangs
Kevlar Inner forestay with Wichard lever
Second main halyard sheave for Dutchman mainsail furling system
Sailtec integral hydraulic backstay
Espar Heating System
Linen Sunbrella Thurston cockpit dodger with roll-up forward window & removable side curtains
(4) 16x24 polypropylene mesh line bags
White vinyl helm and cockpit cushions
Custom removable varnished teak cockpit table with two fold out leafs, removable table leg and a padded bag to protect the table when stored below
Cockpit Shower on swim platform
Lee cloths for 3 main cabin berths. Spade 160 anchor with chain and rope rode
(4) fenders and (4) docklines
All manuals and engine spares
Bookcase mounted on forward main cabin bulkhead
Full "Fair Clough" custom winter cover with frame
(3) Individual Sumbrella covers for Wheel, GPS, and Compas
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Please call or email us with any questions.
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Don't miss out on any Used Yachts for Sale or Used Boats for Sale... Email Your Offer!!
Just Email from the Listing Above
~ Make A Great Deal ~
Make an Offer!!