Virgin Gorda, Caribbean
Photo 1 of 32
NOW REDUCED! Ideal Offshore Voyager
<img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00251744_284.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00251745_139.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00251746_228.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00251747_250.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00251748_116.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00251749_326.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00251750_131.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00251751_253.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00251752_170.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00251753_300.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00251754_217.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00251755_253.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00251756_273.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00251757_176.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00251758_145.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00251759_127.jpg?width=80&height=80"/><img title="" src="/images/proc/photogallery/www_yachtauthority_com_00251760_172.jpg?width=80&height=80"/>
Considered by many to be the ultimate world cruiser for a couple wanting to explore in safety comfort and style, the Shannon 43 Ketch is a versatile voyaging sailboat with excellent lines for fast passage speeds, tons of storage inside and easily accessible systems for do it your self maintenance as you travel the world chasing your dreams.
Sitting in the hard in Virgin Gorda after many, many years of adventures, she is in sound condition awaiting newer younger owners to take over stewardship and continue exploring the world.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 43' 0"
- LOA: 43' 0"
- Displacement: 27000 lbs
- LWL: 36' 6"
- Ballast: 10000 lbs
- BEAM: 13' 5"
- DRAFT: 8' 6"
- Engine(s): Mercedes 240D
- Hours: 2350
- HP: 64
- Fuel: 150 gallons
- Water: 100 gallons
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Manufacturer: Shannon
- Model: 43
- Designer: Walter Shultz
(2 Cabin / 2 Head)
The large aft cockpit begins with a comfortable helm seat no matter which tack you are on. Long bench seats port and starboard allow one to stretch out. Lazarettes open up on both sides to provide access and storage. The life raft can be kept under a grating in the cockpit sole. Entering the slightly offset companionway one will find the galley and nav station to starboard and the owners’ cabin to port with ensuite head/shower. Forward of this area is the main salon with settees and cabinets port and starboard and a folding table on centerline. The starboard settee can slide out to make a berth. Continuing forward, the V berth cabin door provides privacy and it also contains an ensuite head and shower as well as cabinets and closets.
The entire interior is done in teak paneling with teak and holly soles and bronze ports. Overhead hatches provide terrific ventilation, optimizing the ubiquitous Caribbean breezes while anchored out. There are brass reading lamps and stainless overhead dome lights.
Settees and bunks were recovered in a textured dark blue cloth in 1997. Slip covers have routinely been kept on them and they look very good.
- • Jabsco manual toilet with separate stall (aft) - new 2011
- • Holding tank with a manual pump out was installed by Quality Yachts in 2001. - available as an auxiliary fuel or water tank on a long voyage.
- • Raritan PH toilet (forward) - new 2011 with sink - new 2014 and a stall shower.
- • 12 Volt Sea Recovery water maker 6 gph
- • 12 Volt Marine Techtronics refrigeration installed in 2007, superior performance
- • New faucets and sink in galley
- • Corian counter tops
- • Force 10, 3 burner stove with oven.
- • 2 Propane bottles under cockpit helm seat
- • Hot/cold pressure water
- • Very ample cabinets and drawers for storage
Electronics / Navigation
- • Garmin 700 Series radar (with reflector), chart plotter and depth finder - new 2014
- • ICOM M 710 short wave with amateur capabilities. SCS PTC.11C pactor, high seas e-mail etc.
- • ICOM M59 VHF radio
- • Simrad AP22 autopilot - upgraded with head - new 2013
- • Avansea depth finder and battery monitor at helm – new 2014
- • 110 volt activated TV antenna
- • Radio with CD - new 2012
- • TV with 110 volt activated antenna - 2005
- • 110 volt , 2000 Watt Honda gas operated generator with battery charger – charger new 2012
- • (4) 6 Volt Trojan T105 house batteries – new 2012
- • (1) 12 Volt sealed engine battery with backup battery in engine room – new 2011
- • (2) 12 Volt sealed batteries for bow thrusters (V berth) - new 2010
- • (2) 3’X4’ solar panels on top of davits
- • Air X wind generator mounted on side of davits (coupled with solar panels, these two have provided power for two weeks or more without the assistance of the engine)
- • Xantrex 20 inverter/charger
- • Battery monitoring gauges, i.e. Blue seas and Quad Cycle
- • True charge battery charger operates from shore power or the Honda generator
- • (2) Air conditioning units (forward cabin, main salon)
- • (2) Fuel filters with pressure gauges
- • Flexible shaft coupling – new 2013
- • (2) 25 gal diesel saddle tanks
- • Connection fresh water flush for engine
- • Emergency tiller
- • (2) Whale manual gusher pumps (helm and quarter berth)
- • Jabsco Shurflo heavy duty type pump (aft of stbd. sail locker)
- • Strainer and switch in bilge sump (under the ladder)
- • 110 Volt emergency sump pump under the chart table
- • Many spare parts for engine etc.
- • (5) Opening hatches and (4) Dorades in deck house
- • Stainless bow and stern pulpits
- • Lifelines – new 2012, port and stbd. gates just aft of midships
- • Bowsprit and bobstays – new 2011
- • 45lb CQR starboard anchor with 150’ of 5/16 high test chain – chain new in 2014 and 150’ of rope
- • Port anchor FX 23 Fortress w/50’ 5/16 high test chain – chain new in 2014 and 100’ of rope
- • Large Navy hurricane anchor dismantled (starboard sail locker)
- • 12 Volt Ideal bronze windlass with new 5/16 gypsy, foot activated at bow and remote at the helm
- • Sidepower bow thruster with switch by the helm
- • Sunbrella dodger with bimini, connector that enclose the cockpit with curtains,
- • Canvas awning over the forward hatch.
- • Coast Guard safety gear
- • Life sling, man overboard staff, horse shoe preserver
- • Ditch bag contains hand operated water maker and EPIRB
- • Full complement of power and hand tools
- • Trolling rod and lures
- • Dive tank with bag of goggles and flippers
- • Custom davits installed – 2009
- • Hoist for outboard motor
- • Wash down pump at port bow
Sails and Rigging
- • All cable. (installed in 2011) except for the port forestay. That is still rod rigging.
- • All sails and canvas stored for approx. 8 months each year since 2002. (except wheel and hatch covers)
- • New Profurl roller furling genoa - new 2011
- • Yankee sail
- • Profurl roller furling staysail
- • Staysail on boom
- • Mainsail (2001) with Harken Batt cars and Jiffy reefing stack pack type sail furling - new 2012
- • Lazy Jacks and sissy bars by main mast
- • Mizzen (2001) with stack pack type sail furling with Jiffy reefing and lazy jacks
- • Mizzen staysail light blue
- • Winch “buddy” battery operated handle to operate any of the many winches on deck
Please call or email us with any questions.
PO Box 11156-141
St. Thomas, VI 00801
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!