Photo 1 of 1
his is an exceptional vessel in both design and construction. A beautiful 'Alden' style staysail schooner capable of passages with elegance and comfort. A masterpiece from American craftsman.
Showing by appointment only. Please contact Major George H. Carter US Army (Ret) 941-792-9100 or MajCarter@aol.com for information and schedule. Grand Slam Yacht Sales gladly cooperates with other yacht brokers on a 50/50 basis for our vessels available for co brokerage.
Please contact George Carter at 941-792-9100
Contact Grand Slam Yacht Sales.
4522 121st St W; PO Box 0466
Cortez, FL 34215-0466 United States
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 56' 0"
- LOA: 70' 0"
- Displacement: 42000 lbs
- LWL: 44' 0"
- Ballast: 20000 lbs
- BEAM: 14' 0"
- DRAFT: 6' 6"
- Engine(s): Westerbeke Isuzu
- Hours: 656
- HP: 120
- Fuel: 170 gallons
- Water: 200 gallons
- Holding: 2 gallons
- Hull Construction: Wood
- Manufacturer: Rollins
- Model: Rollins Schooner
Interior joinerwork is exceptional in both the level of workmanship and selection of woods. The doors and cabinet faces are frame and panel are select cherry and curly cherry finished bright in high gloss marine varnish. Overhead house beams, deck beams and carlin caps are black locust and cherry finished bright with white for contrast.
- The cabin soles are planked up of solid teak with raised holly seams. There are lift out hatches along the centerline for access to tanks, through hulls and system components.
- Electronics and electrical panels are fully integrated into the navigation station and removable for service. The current configuration sleeps seven to eight adults.
The galley is laid out in a U-shaped fashion for ease of use and safety at sea. The primary cook stove is a beautiful Luke Heritage stainless LPG three burner with oven on locking gimbals. The propane locker is located aft in the cockpit. A Fireboy 12 vdc shut solenoid valve and fume detector is located in the navigation station to activate the system. Isotherm 12 vdc refrigeration with cold plate arrangement in a custom top load stainless steel box. Double stainless sink with hot and cold pressure water system.
Electronics / Navigation
Autopilot - Simrad
Radar - Garmin-18m; 4KW
Plotter - Garmin 4208
Depth sounder - Garmin 4208
Radar Detector - AIS
Repeater(s) - At helm
Log-speedometer - Garmin 4208
GPS - Garmin 4208
Compass - Danforth
Onboard electrical systems include 12 vdc primary house with six 6 vdc AGM batteries at a total of 936 AH. One group 31 AGM for engine start and one group 27.
120 vac shore power and onboard Westerbeke 5 KW Genset. When overseas a KVA Transformer will convert shore side 220 vac 50 cycle European current to usable 120 vac 60 cycle power.
Three solar panels atop the cockpit provide up to 30 amps of DC power. A Feedom 2000 watt inverter is also available.
- Shore Power Inlet
- Electrical Circuit: 12v
Black locust, a species impervious to rot and unyielding in strength and stability, was used for the deck structure. The deck skin is constructed with layers of laminar, sheathed in epoxy and Dynel fabric then overlaid with 1/2" teak glued and bedded without fasteners. The deck perimeter is finished off with 10/4" thick teak bulwarks to the sheer, capped with full radius 4" wide caprails finished bright.
- The coachroof is built in similar fashion to the decks but without the teakoverlay and trimmed off with mouldings and drip rails. There is a large custom made two leaf skylight above the salon constructed of dovetailed teak cover and framework.
- The trunk cabin has a total of eleven bronze round opening ports holes, hand made teak grab rails and a set of chocks for the tender. Custom cast bronze double life line stanchions are fitted with Vectran high strength lifelines.
Sails and Rigging
MAGNOLIA is a Staysail Schooner and carries 1,800 square feet of sail. All sails where hand crafted by Bierig Sailmakers of Erie, Pennsylvania and are done in light yellow dacron. Included sails are: mainsail, foresail, jib, staysail, 120% genoa, fisherman.
Running rigging is a mix of high strength synthetic braid. All track and related blocks are Harken with Delrin sheaves.
The spars are from US Spars coated with white Imron LP. All fittings are installed with galvanic isolation bushings.
- Standing rigging is high performance Dyform stainless wire with stemball upper terminals and Norseman at the deck. 1/2 inch bronze chainplates secure the rigBoatWizard
- The vessel is fitted with a long tapered bow sprit supported by a custom cast bronze gammon iron.
- Shaefer rollor furling system on the Genoa and Staysail with stack pack systems for the main and foremast.
- Deck hardware is custom by Rollins. Winches include: four Lewmar ST Bronze #54 and six Lewmar ST Bronze #48
- Anchor Windlass is a Ideal 12 vdc vertical with 1/2 inch wildcat, chainstopper and custom Rollins bronze anchor rollors. Ground tackle includes: CQR 105# with 350' of 1/2" chain, CQR 75# with 300' of 3/4" rode. Luke 3 piece storm anchor with rode stowed.
Electric bilge pump
Refrigerator – Isotherm
Manual bilge pump
Fresh water maker - HRO Horizon
Marine head - Two 'Skipper's'
Please call or email us with any questions.
4522 121st Street W
Cortez, FL 34215
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!