40' Gil Fleming
Martha's Vineyard, MA
Photo 1 of 14
Built of 5000 series marine grade aluminum.
The Pilgrim's Progress trawler was designed by Gil Fleming as a coastal cruiser for one couple. "Susan Marie" is heavily built of 5000 series marine grade aluminum. She has a 3126B Caterpiller diesel, 450 hp with twin disc transmission rated to 650 hp; a Westerbeke 12 kw generator with enclosure. Her accomodations are spacious with a very large galley and forward stateroom. At nine knots cruise she burns 4 gph. Her interior woodwork is maple and birch with trim work in the pilot house not quite complete.
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 40' 0"
- LOA: 40' 0"
- Displacement: 27500 lbs
- BEAM: 14' 0"
- DRAFT: 4' 0"
- Engine(s): Caterpiller 3126
- Hours: 300
- HP: 450
- Fuel: 400 gallons
- Water: 100 gallons
- Holding: 60 gallons
- Hull Construction: Aluminum
- Manufacturer: Gil Fleming
- Model: Gil Fleming Trawler
Forward, the master stateroom features a queen sized, sleep by number mattress. There are hanging lockers on either side.
The ensuite head is next aft, to starboard with shower stall opposite. Next aft, you step up to the helm station with excellent visibility with 2 wheelhouse doors, port and starboard, double width helm seat and large mounting are for electronics.
- The wheel house is functional, as is all of this well planned and built yacht, but the wood work in this are needs finishing and trim work.
- Next aft is the main salon, with large galley to starboard and laundry, with washer dryer, to port. Farthest aft is double fold-out couch with matching recliners opposite to starboard..
Electronics / Navigation
Furuno 1823 Radar and chartplotter, depthsounder
Standard Horizon VHF radio
Exterior Appointments and hardware - General: No exterior teak trim; integral mooring cleats with
chocks/hawse holes (8); deck fills for fuel (2), water (2) and waste pump-out (2); upper deck stairs from forward .
sidedecks; screened ventilation/safety hatch over forward cabin; two hinged or sliding, wheelhousedoors&, two
hinged or sliding after deck doors; custom after deck hatcb; access plate for emergency tiller;
- inward opening
- gates port/stb w/fold-down stem gate/swim platform; functional heavy-duty 'vinyl' - capped rub rail; welded eye
- at bow above waterline for anchor rode; allowance for trim tabs.
- Foredeck: Two anchor rollers on anchor sprit platform; anchor rode looker w/removable divider and access
- hatch; shore connectors for 2 x 30 amp 110V inlets w/50'' cords x 2; hinged inward boarding gates port &,
- starboard at pilothouse.
- Structural Exterior Components
- STRUCTURAL EXTERIOR COMPONENTS: Top marine grade 5000&6000 series aluminum (mostly.5M3 .
- H116 - 1/4" in keel and hull, 3/16" in decks & superstructure), including frames, flanges, stringers, longitudinals,'
- (2) aluminum watertight bulkheads, engine beds. cabin sides. upper decks. flybridge, mast, dinghy crane, storage
- funne/ BBQ Center. deck handrails, stanchions. pilothouse cabin doors. rudder, hatch cover. anchor windlass,
- platform • reinforced where required to ABS (American Bureau of Shipping) approved construction standards.
- materials and methods as overseen by Master Builder, Tom Bistricki.
- Aluminum framed main deck/pilothouse windows with all laminated, tinted, 114"glass - except clear in forward
- facing wheelhouse, opening (sliding or drop) where possible for excellent ventilation. (6) forward cabin ports
- aluminum framed opening with (2) foredeck ventilation hatches - all with screens
Please call or email us with any questions.
400 Lincoln St Suite 19
Hingham, MA 02043
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Check out all the Used Yachts for Sale, Used Powerboats for Sale or Used Boats for Sale in the Special Sections...
Just click "Email Us" from the Listing Above
~ Make an Offer ~ Get A Great Deal ~
Remember to Email Your Offer!!