San Diego, CA
Photo 1 of 17
Truley Stunning Sailing Yacht!
The Tayana 52 is a truly stunning sailing yacht. Few yachts will exhibit her symmetry or her head-turning beauty. The venerable designer, Robert Perry said, “Perhaps once in a lifetime a yacht design will come together perfectly; her lines, her sheer, and her performance…For me, it was the Tayana 52.”
Specifications, with Equipment and Information:
- Length: 52' 0"
- LOA: 52' 5"
- Displacement: 38570 lbs
- LWL: 42' 0"
- BEAM: 15' 1"
- DRAFT: 5' 8"
- Engine(s): Perkins 4-236 and Onan 12k Genset
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Manufacturer: Tayana
- Model: Center Cockpit
Starting forward is a single large Guest Stateroom with a queen centerline V-berth, a step to the berth, eight storage lockers, a large hanging locker, 4 large drawers and 6 deep under-bed storage bins. Behind the mirrored forward bulkhead, stand the deck sail and anchor lockers. Given the rare two stateroom custom layout, this is a huge and comfortable Guest Suite with an en-suite sit down makeup/office desk to port, a spacious and well-ventilated bathroom to starboard, and storage lockers in the huge 2 person shower with a teak bench.
- The plush Master Stateroom is aft and has a walk-around king centerline berth with a new, extra firm custom mattress as in the guest cabin, both covered in removable custom sunbrella covers (2004). A lovely aft mirror covered bulkhead sets to the lazarette. White leather-like vinyl covered settee sets to starboard and was designed to coordinate with the other fabrics throughout the boat.
- Copious storage is provided with a grand hanging locker, four standard storage lockers, 8 lockers below berth, 3 lockers below settee, and 9 drawers accompanied by a mirrored dressing table with enclosed TV and storage lockers above. The en-suite Master Head a true enclosed stall shower and a large storage locker. This wonderful master stateroom is truly inviting and comfortable for the ships master and 1st mate/Admiral
Located aft of the guest quarters, features a settee to port with an enclosed TV/VCR and 3 cabinets. Opposite is a U-Shaped Settee with a large custom dining salon table seating six to eight. The settees are covered in white, leather-like high quality vinyl with button accents, and are replete with large contrasting pillows. Storage cabinets line the walls and are set beneath and behind the settees. Floor panels open throughout the boat for additional storage and easy access to tankage. New custom designer curtains run throughout the yacht, and crystal deck prism lights keep the spacious Hershoff white wall salon and galley uniquely well-lit, bright and cheerful among Tayanas. A precious Fred Macatanz print entitled, “Spring Fever,” of Polar Bears decorates the main salon wall.
The Elegant Galley is located to port off of the salon, and is well thought out for entertaining at anchor or cooking safely underway. It has abundant locker and drawer space, a deep double bowl sink, as well as a pantry/cook's locker. The countertops are white and brand new. Very roomy refrigerator and freezer are both loading and convertible to front loading. The range/oven and microwave are new and well-fit to this yacht.
- 110V top and front-loading refrigerator and freezer by Fleming, San Diego
- 2nd Engine Drive refrigeration compressor large capacity Fleeming custom system W/3 adjustable cold plates
- New Force 10 Deluxe, gimbaled propane stove/oven w/20lbs propane in aft deck locker (2 safety switches/overboard discharge).
- New galley remodeled 1 year ago
- Double stainless steel sink
- Hot and cold pressurized water
- Rigged for installation of combination washer/dryer (existing unit removed)
- Cooling Fans, light prisms, safety belts, custom cutting boards
- New microwave oven in cabinet
Electronics / Navigation
The nav desk lid opens to find a hidden computer station wired to GPS for navigation software and Pactor IIe Email, and chart storage, nav tool box. A color printer and nav library rest behind a cabinet door/work table at the station. Two large double doors provide excellent access for work on electronics.
- ICOM M-70 MK HAM/ SSB/vhf (2005) PactorIIE email and fax ready
- Standard VHF with Cockpit Microphone send/receive
- SGC SSB second as backup system
- (2) Selectable VHF radios--(1) Standard with mike in cockpit and second mike in navigation station (2003), (1) ICOM VHF in navigation station as backup
- Mounted 406 EPIRB emergency locator
- 2 Handheld VHF units for mobile communication with ship
- Bullet proof Roberson autopilot (1998) with hydraulic linear quadrant drive unit
- Feruno Marine Radar with Gimbled aft aluminum tower mount
- Link 5000 depth, wind speed, speed instruments with cockpit and nav station controls
- Garmin handheld GPS (2003) mount to cockpit pedesta
- Kelvin-Hughes ships clock and Seth Thomas barometer statiion
- Richie compass in cockpit and handheld pelorus shot compass in navigation station
- 2million candlewatt power spot lamp
- AM/FM cassette deck with 6-disc CD changer and six speakers-2 cockpit (2004), 2 salon, 2 stateroom
- (2) TVs and (1) VCR (2001) with high gain electronic TV antenna on mast
- Cable TV and telephone receptor built in
- Water towed sailing power generator (Redwing) convertible to wind and back
10’ AB aluminum inflatable' dinghy with low time 15HP Yamaha commercial
Johnson 2.5 hp Outboard for dingy Spare
Teak decks (Nice looking, ¾ time, no leaks at all/ super safe at sea)
Huge Sail/Anchor locker w/false floor (very rare on center cockpit 52)
Huge aft lazzarette with cabinet built over quadrant
66 lb Bruce anchor (2004) with 300' chain
New Fortress FX 85 2nd anchor with 300' rode
2 large Danforth back up anchors w/ storm rodes
- Maxtor/Neilson Large electric windlass (factory rebuilt/remounted in 2003) +exact same spare windless also completely rebuilt by Factory Maxwell winches
- English Stainless steel bow pulpit, stanchions and lifelines (best SS for lowest maintenance)
- English SS Anchor pulpit with custom removable spinnaker sprit (easy spinnaker jibes)
- Powerful Saltwater anchor wash down
- Freshwater deck wash down (aft)
- Aft deck shower at swim/dive platform (fish cleaning station)
- Custom Swim/dive platform with Stainless boarding ladder
- Custom stainless outboard lift system
- 6 person offshore plastismo LIFERAFT (refurb in 2008)
- Foam cockpit cushions with white leather/like covers (2007)
- 3 part Grey Sunbrella bimini and dodger (flexible deployment) with new windows including sail sight window and placeable sunchaser
- Deck sunshade/awning with instant down for quick hit storms at anchor (1 minute down new in 2007)
- Grey Sunbrella hatch covers (2007), wheel station cover, and winch series covers
- Sit atop Kayak excellent condition
Sails and Rigging
Custom aftermarket Aluminum keel-stepped raked, bendable SPAR upgrade by Lowell North (1995)
This is an oversize light air mast and is the1st designer approved because of increased stability off an:
18600lbs LEAD KEEL instead of the standard cement/iron ballast
New custom white epoxy paint on boom
Cutter rigged with removable inner forestay
New Standing SS rigging barely used 3 years
Running rigging, oversized excellent condition
- (2) Lewmar 55 self-tailing winches Genoa
- (2) Lewmar 46 self-tailing winches Staysail
- (2) Lewmar 46 self-tailing winches Reefing, Halyard
- (1) Lewmar 46 self-tailing winches Mainsheet control
- All lines lead aft for easy singlehanding including reefing (no deck work under sail)
- Mainsail: North, fully battened, heavy cruising with Sunbrella cover and lazy jacks
- Genoa: Ulman heavy cruising 125%
- Staysail: Excellent deck mounted or stowable
- Spinnaker bow sprit: Removable; used for easy jibbing
- Forespar Telescoping spinnaker/genoa pole with deck mount and spar mount
- Harkin Genoa furling System
- Navtec Hydraulic BoomVang with cocpit controls
- Navtec double Backstays hydraulic adjusters (rare) with one insulated for Radios
Enjoy this pleasing sailing yacht.
Does not get much better than this.
Please call or email us with any questions.
5060 North Harbor
San Diego, CA 92106
Telephone: (619) 523-1745
Details of this vessel are offered in good faith by the Company. The
Information cannot be guaranteed; therefore it is up to the Buyer, his Agents,
or his Surveyors to verify.
Make an Offer Anytime!!
Don't miss out on any Used Yachts for Sale or Used Boats for Sale... Email Your Offer!!
Just Email from the Listing Above
~ Make A Great Deal ~
Make an Offer!!